calorie counting

today i was very stressed and ate a donut and a cake pop bc i tend to go for sweets when i’m stressed and i rarely ever eat sweets. i still stayed within my maintenance cals. but i’m wondering if the extra sugar will cause me to gain weight? any advice?

Replies

• Alfutinihesa82
    Alfutinihesa82 Posts: 3 Member
    No
  • Alfutinihesa82
    I mean sorry I don't have any advice but if you don't buyouts food it can help you lose weight try to only buy healthy food
  • Alfutinihesa82
    I hope you lose the amount of wight you wanted
  • mylittlerainbow
    mylittlerainbow Posts: 822 Member
    Please be kinder to yourself. These things happen when you're emotionally needy or otherwise stressed out. You're not going to go up pounds and pounds ultimately, even if you're up a bit right away because of sodium-induced water retention.
  • NovusDies
    NovusDies Posts: 8,940 Member
    today i was very stressed and ate a donut and a cake pop bc i tend to go for sweets when i’m stressed and i rarely ever eat sweets. i still stayed within my maintenance cals. but i’m wondering if the extra sugar will cause me to gain weight? any advice?

Surplus calories cause fat weight gain not sugar. You might see a 4 day bump on the scale for water weight but that is nothing to fear.

I ate doughnuts and probably something similar to cake pops as I lost weight. Not very often because I am not a sweets person but I ate them. The point of calorie counting is to live with less restrictions. You have one big rule and that is to stay in your calorie goal MOST (not all) of the time.

You did extremely well staying in your maintenance calories. Good job.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,876 Member

Weight management is about energy (calories)...not any particular food. You need XXXX calories to maintain the status quo...if you consume more energy (calories) than your body needs, you store that energy for later as body fat...when you consume less energy (calories) than your body needs, you burn stored energy to make up the difference...ie, you burn fat.

To that end, the human body ultimately strives for homeostasis...you require consistent and regular underconsumption or overconsumption of energy to override your body's ability to maintain homeostasis...it doesn't happen in a day.