30lbs to lose... Started AGAIN yesterday (Darn Lockdown Snacking)

Replies

• GabiV125
    GabiV125 Posts: 3,114 Member
    I went in the office yesterday and today and slept poorly last 2 nights, because of the noise and the pressure changes. We had the hurricane-tail heavy rain going on both days and it didn’t make for a smooth waking up at 5AM. Also, both days ran kind of long and with multiple complicated issues, so when I got home, my eating went sideways and I walked less than half of my daily usual. Now I’m super tired and just want to go to bed and wipe off these days. Will catch up with the posts tomorrow.
    Take care everyone!
  • clutterqueen
    clutterqueen Posts: 1,652 Member
    @kcd394 So sorry you had a tough day at work. Enjoy your weekend up North. Hope it’s relaxing!
    @GabiV125 Tomorrow is a new day! Hopefully you’ll sleep well, the weather will cooperate and you’ll be able to get in a walk and get back on track! I love how we’re all able to acknowledge when things go sideways. I think that does allow us to get right back on track. It’s that whole concept of “progress, not perfection”. No one’s journey anywhere Is a straight line. I think the little jaunts off the straight line are where the self awareness and learning happen, if we have a support system in place (which we do!😊)

My day:
    I got to visit with my Mom in person for the first time since December! I’ve visited her several times “thru the glass” at her Assisted Living. It was tough because they limit the visits to one hour and only one a week per resident. I was supposed to program a new landline phone for mom( she has trouble with her IPhone now and accidentally calls me as many as 7 times a day) with pictures. I got it programmed and now all she has to do is push the picture of whoever she wants to call. Of course, she spent most of the hour letting me know how unhappy she is and how she’s going to figure out a way to get herself back down to FL! Heart breaking and frustrating.
    Usually, my MO after a depressing visit with Mom is to gorge myself with chocolate. I just realized I didn’t do that. Just had one serving of non dairy ice cream and 1/2 small oatmeal raisin cookie after dinner( preplanned). What occurred to me is I didn’t even consider the chocolate gorge, didn’t even THINK about it! Maybe I AM FINALLY making new habits and learning to not “eat my feelings”! Of course, that doesn’t mean I won’t slip. Hopefully, it means it’s just no longer my reflex.

Exercise: ✅
    Tracked: ✅
    Under: ✅ ( well under)
  • MommaGemz
    MommaGemz Posts: 494 Member
    I'm feeling much better today. Halloween is a pick-me-up and the whole family has animal onesies that we're snuggling in all day.

Yesterday my husband suggested that I sleep in while he handled the kids' schooling. That was super nice and really helped. I treated yesterday like a Saturday and relaxed and ignored all of my chores and errands for the day.

Now I feel recuperated and ready to tackle this week. I'm going to try my best to get back on track today. I need to go grocery shopping and the post office today. But I think I can get those steps in and track. Even though it's Halloween, I'm not a big candy person (and I may have eaten a weeee bit of it yesterday), so I'm good for today.

@clutterqueen I'm so glad you got to see your Mom in person. I imagine it has been so hard. Great got on not relying on comfort foods afterwards! (PS. I also LOVE caffeine free Coke Zero! I'll have to keep an eye out)

@GabiV125 I'm wishing you some good sleep and recuperation! Just be gentle on yourself when life throws all those complications your way. You can do it!

@kcd394 I highly suspect that we have mostly converged on that TOM. I know when @thelastnightingale posts about hers, then mine is soon to follow. I'm so sorry you had such a rough Thursday and I hope you have a great weekend with Mat!
  • MommaGemz
    Halloween Saturday went okay. I wasn't back on track as I'd hoped. Maybe too much to ask for Halloween? I didn't get my steps because TOM cramps and back pain. And we had a spontaneous Halloween rice krispie treat project... and I ate some. I expect better tomorrow. Luckily I'm maintaining right now rather than gaining.
  • clutterqueen
    Oops, got into some Halloween candy. But at least I wasn’t eating feelings!

Tracked; ❌
    Under: ❌

Back at it tomorrow!
  • 363days
    363days Posts: 548 Member
    Hm, had a good 4 days with staying under calories and then stepped on the candy train. I'm starting November with 31 pounds to lose (yesterday it was 30). I have 3 dogs, live in Tulsa, OK and the weather has been lovely. I will try to burn the Snickers off through my dog walks. I want to learn how to not let my ups and downs affect my moods so much. Seeing the extra pound really bummed me out, even though I knew I was responsible for it. I'm going to turn it around.
  • GabiV125
    @clutterqueen - so good that you got to see your mom. That was a tough visit; 1000 hugs to you!
    As for the avoided aftermath food dive, and for recognizing it’s role, you should be proud, because it’s really enormous.
    @MommaGemz - glad you are doing the one day of rest , to charge your batteries for your busy schedule .
    @363days -4 days on good track and one not, is actually good. And frankly that extra pound cannot be real unless you had 3500 calories over your regular daily calories. Most likely is extra water retained because of the extra sugar and when you go back, it will fall off in couple days. You have a good plan to walk it off with your doggies.

Still didn’t catch a good night sleep and it shows on the scale and in my mood. Today I woke up wanting to fight, and I never ever fight-actually I’m a master in avoiding fights. A good and a bad thing in itself.
    My husband picked nothing from my body language (or chose to ignore it) and after coffee asked to go for the long walk , and me the walk junkie , could not refuse that. After an hour of walking in the park, and getting caught in a cold rain, I finally returned to my usual state.
    TMI I have an implant in my arm so I didn’t get TOM for 4y (ecstatic about that side effect) but I strongly believe I still get the moody part of it from time to time. If I’m right, than I aligned with you this time too.
    Anyway, onward for a new week and a new month!
  • clutterqueen
    @363days It’s okay if you mess up one day, as long as you get right back on track! The longer we wait to get back on track, the harder it is!

@Gabiv125 I know what you mean about getting the moody part even without TOM. I had to have an endometrial ablation at age 40, so my TOM stopped then, but definitely not the hormone swings!

I indulged in candy last night, but abstained today and got back on track.

Under: ✅

Have a great week everyone!
  • MommaGemz
    Yesterday the effects of the time change and allergies had me drifting through the day. I got all my work done by sheer willpower. I did manage to get in my goals. Texas is in the season of back-and-forth. One day warm, one day chilly. It's hard to know how to dress, or weather we'll need the heater or AC. And this moderate climate breeds mold n the Texas humid air - so my allergies are BAD in October. Positive note is that I get to wear my sweater again :smiley:

I have finally found a good reward for my efforts. I found a brand of pants that I really like and they come in many colors. I bought one to test and now I want more :D I have decided that after a week of hitting my goals (Sunday- Saturday) - I will get a new pair!

Daily Goals:
    Calories - ✅
    Steps - ✅
    Water - ✅

Welcome @363days ! I think Halloween is tough on most people - even I dipped into the candy bucket and I'm not crazy about candy. Enjoy those lovely dog walks! <3

@clutterqueen Candy time is over and it should be smooth sailing until Thanksgiving, right?

@GabiV125 Sorry you had a rough mood day. I get those on occasion and they suck. I'm glad a good walk in the fresh air helped!
  • clutterqueen
    @MommaGemz I like your idea of new pants as a reward! Good for you!

I didn’t post yesterday but met my goals.

Today:

Exercise:✅

Today is my last day with my daughter. Driving home ( 6+ hour drive) in the morning. Going to be tough after watching this election madness.
  • 363days
    363days Posts: 548 Member
    @GabiV125 Yes, I know you are right that for me it is what I eat that really causes retaining water. I am tracking and that is a good thing.
    @Mommagemz - love the reward for clothing. That's a great idea.
    @clutterqueen yes, I'm back on track - and I gave all candy away. Love your username by the way
  • clutterqueen
    I drove back from NC today. Jogged and cleaned before I left. Made the drive in under 6 hours so was happy. Then I had the pleasure of starting to move our stuff from our apt to the apartment across the hall. It’s a 2 bedroom! Hallelujah! Sleep should not be elusive once we’ve moved everything in. We moved the bathroom, closet and food from the kitchen today. Tomorrow I will tackle the dishes, pots and pans and frig/freezer. So lucky we are literally moving across the hall. Friday we will move the furniture ( we will have to get bed for 2nd bedroom out of storage uni). Saturday I will clean out the old apt and Sunday we can relax hopefully.
    I’m excited that the bedrooms are separated by a living room. If I need to, I can stuff a towel under the door when my husband is snoring too loudly and then just go sleep in the other bed. Yea!🎉
    I wonder if we are jinxing ourselves and now that we are doing this and signing another lease, we will find the perfect house,( okay nearly perfect, no house is perfect!)

• GabiV125
    @MommaGemz - I like your strategy with the pants! I agree with you, something is in the air this fall that makes allergies worse. But also, we got to notice a sneeze across Costco, while last year nobody did, unless the person was hacking a lung.
    @clutterqueen - congratulations on moving, and on the luck to be able to do it without renting trucks, making appointments and all the unpleasant part of moving.

Today I cleaned the windows on the 1st floor, washed the drapes and it feels like such an accomplishment. All this staying in and I got to this in November 😁
    I played with my spreadsheet a bit and for the last 2 months my average steps per day was 14k, but the average eating was 150 calories under maintenance, so no wonder I only lost 1.8lb. Now I know and I definitely can leave with a slow slope.
  • clutterqueen
    I’m exhausted tonight. I got all the kitchen moved today and out away , and most of my bathroom moved, but not out away. Then did errands for a couple of hours.

• clutterqueen
    Today I wiped down the kitchen cabinets and drawers, same in the bathroom. Organized new bathroom and closet and moved a few more things over. My husband and I moved the bedroom furniture, (minus the bed) and the living room furniture over to new apt. Have to go to storage in the morning to get furniture for spare bedroom, and if my husband continues to be energetic, my treadmill! I’m not enjoying jogging on the days when it’s really cold. The cold gets to me more than it used to.

I had been out of town for 8 days and so I didn’t cycle for 9 days, I think. I like to stick my my jogging, cycling schedule so today was first day back to cycling. I’ve been doing 20-21 miles each time for a while, but it was tough to finish 20 today. Maybe the combination of not sleeping well, not cycling for 9 days and moving fatigue got to me. I usually feel energized by exercise. Not today!

Have a great weekend, Everyone!

• thelastnightingale
    thelastnightingale Posts: 725 Member
    Had quite a difficult week in which I overate... and overate... but I logged it all accurately.

If I don't sleep properly, my appetite goes crazy, and as soon as I justify overeating to myself, I don't stop. I need to stop giving myself permission!

Anyway, the events of the week are now over, and there's no reason why next week shouldn't be a good week. I need, need, need to prioritise a normal amount of sleep at a normal time. All-nighters mean I eat and eat to stay awake, but I don't burn more calories, so it's not great for the scales.

Today is the day I am getting back on the wagon. I've done well all day and just need to make it to the end of the night without binging. Anyway, I've written it down now and made a commitment - so I must follow through!
  • clutterqueen
    @thelastnightingale I hear you on the not sleeping properly leading to overeating. It’s like we are trying to fuel our bodies more to give us energy to make up for lack of sleep. It only seems to backfire though.
    I hope you are able to rest well the next few nights and get back in a good eating routine.

We finished moving everything today. I cleaned the old apt quite a bit. Still need to clean the oven and floors. But I ran out of energy after being at it for nearly 12 hours today. It wouldn’t have taken so long if we hadn’t had to go to storage and take out a bunch of stuff to get to the bed etc we needed. Oh well. I will rest and relax tomorrow!

• MommaGemz
    Good morning everyone! Sorry for my silence this week. To say the week has been stressful and emotional is an understatement. Not alot of sleep, lots of coffee, eating what I want and just not making the time a single bit rougher than it had to be. But... I feel better now. Relieved. Despite all of the anxiety I channeled it into writing and 3 whole chapters of my book are written! Today I'm back on track. I'll be logging, stepping, and getting in that water (because whoo am I bloated!). Luckily I did manage to maintain at 175, so I didn't do any significant damage.

@clutterqueen Congratulations on moving to a bigger place! Sounds like to got lots of exercise in the moving process!

@thelastnightingale Oh I hear you and I'm right with you! I am amazed you were able to log your food this week - that is some dedication. Here to some good sleep, good food, and getting moving again!
  • GabiV125
    @clutterqueen - moving days are exhausting, and not just physically, mentally draining as well. All that planing to be 2 steps ahead, to avoid double work, it gets to you. But now you are done, have a whole new bedroom, and countless good sleeping nights ahead of you!
    @thelastnightingale - yep, lack of sleep is our worst friend/enemy, it seems innocent enough, but it undermines the good prior planning and make us jump right back in the old habits. You found the solution though, to recognize the pattern and then simply break it. Hope you got some good old rest!

As for me, this week I’ve been going through my house and did some detailed cleaning in areas I neglected lately (windows, drapes, behind furniture etc) and then stopping when my back was hurting. That is an exercise category here, and certainly felt like one at night when dropping in bed. I am also trying to get back on my walking and I’m not where I would like to be, but improving a bit every day. My weight seem to be stalling again, but it’s not increasing, so I’m happy with that.
  • GabiV125
    @MommaGemz - hurray for 3 chapters done! Of course your week was difficult, your writing got everything out of you! That’s what all the good creators went through- there are countless movies and biographies as proof that you are going in the right direction. Joke aside, congrats on your big success!