Maia “Brave Warrior” Team ~ Oct Chat

1111213141517»

Replies

• Djproulx
    Djproulx Posts: 2,819 Member
    We Are The Warriors - Captain’s Tip of the Week:
    Our health is defined by more than just a number on the scale. Eating well, sleeping soundly, increasing movement and reducing stress are just some of the ways we can feel (and perform) our best.
    Each Friday, a Tip of the Week will suggest a strategy or resource to focus on for the day, week or longer. The idea is to provide small doses of information and inspiration to keep us on the right track!

10/30 - TIP OF THE WEEK: LOVE YOUR LEGUMES!
    Legumes, aka beans, are a great addition to your eating plan. Beans supply nutrients, protein and fiber, and there’s research that links eating legumes with weight loss. Lots of ways to add them to meals: Kidney beans on salads, lentils in soup, or hummus spread on a sandwich.

Mediterranean style meal: Saute 1C of spinach in 1Tsp Olive Oil. Spread a whole wheat pita with 1/4C of hummus, sauteed spinach ½ C total diced onion, cucumber and tomato.
    Total Calories: 372 (6 inch pita)
    14g Protein
    18g Fat
    9g Fiber
    41g Carbohydrate
    476 g Sodium
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 14,771 Member

🎃 October Daily Goals 🎃

👻 Week 5
    (25 Oct - 31 Oct)
    (Fri weigh-in) [/color]
    Sun: ✅ Mon: ✅ Tue: ✅ Wed: ✅
    Thu: ✅ Fri: ✅ Sat:
    Weight < 155 : <150✅
    Jan 2015: 227 (GW: 160s)
    Achieved Nov 2017
    1 Aug 2019: 170.1 (GW: 150s)
    Achieved Oct 2019
    1 Aug 2020: 149.9
    28 Aug 2020: 149.3

13 Sept: 152.2 (birthday - DH)
    GW: 147
    19 Sept: 151.2
    25 Sept: 150.4
    30 Sept: 149.4
    1 Oct: 149.2
    3 Oct: 148.6
    6 Oct: 148.0
    17 Oct: 147.4
    24 Oct: 146.0
    25 Oct: 146.6
    Reduce Fat%: ✅ 29.3-> 27.1; 25.2; 24.5 24.3: 24.2 23.9
    Increase Muscle%: ✅ 28.7-> 30.1; 30.3; 30.6; 30.7: 30.9
    Pre-log Calories (6/7)
    Calories < in the green (6/7)
    Steps > 7500 🏃🏽‍♀️(6/7)
    Intentional exercise minutes > 50 (6/7)
    Active hours > 6 (6/7)
    🔹Fitbit Mindfulness challenge (2/3 days)

Positive intentions: .
    🔹Drink water on waking ✅
    🔹Meditate (20+ mins)✅
    🔹Exercise: Interval walk✅ strength ✅
    🔹Chores✅ laundry ✅
    🔹Puzzles ✅
    🔹Shopping for replacement kitchen flooring✅
    🔹Watch TV✅
    🔹Internet: Catch up on emails (5 mins)✅
    🔹Post weight/goals updates ✅

🧙🏻🧛‍♀️🧟‍♀️
  • SallyLuvsFitness
    SallyLuvsFitness Posts: 13,727 Member
    Djproulx wrote: »
    We Are The Warriors - Captain’s Tip of the Week:
    Our health is defined by more than just a number on the scale. Eating well, sleeping soundly, increasing movement and reducing stress are just some of the ways we can feel (and perform) our best.
    Each Friday, a Tip of the Week will suggest a strategy or resource to focus on for the day, week or longer. The idea is to provide small doses of information and inspiration to keep us on the right track!

10/30 - TIP OF THE WEEK: LOVE YOUR LEGUMES!
    Legumes, aka beans, are a great addition to your eating plan. Beans supply nutrients, protein and fiber, and there’s research that links eating legumes with weight loss. Lots of ways to add them to meals: Kidney beans on salads, lentils in soup, or hummus spread on a sandwich.

Mediterranean style meal: Saute 1C of spinach in 1Tsp Olive Oil. Spread a whole wheat pita with 1/4C of hummus, sauteed spinach ½ C total diced onion, cucumber and tomato.
    Total Calories: 372 (6 inch pita)
    14g Protein
    18g Fat
    9g Fiber
    41g Carbohydrate
    476 g Sodium

Awesome Dave!!! I know this will help keep me stay on track!! I will look forward to the weekly Tip of the Week!

Team!

We have a great opportunity to share with each other! Do you have any legumes aka bean recipes you enjoy to make?

Sally
  • SallyLuvsFitness
    edited October 2020
    hvcic9hezj53.jpeg

🥁 🥁 🥁 NOVEMBER MONTHLY TEAM CHALLENGE UPDATE!!! 🥁 🥁 🥁

Tomorrow is our last day of our October team challenge (31 days of Self-Care).
    I want to thank all teammates that participated in our challenge! Thank you for all of your participation! I hope you feel that you gave yourself better care in the month of October!

We are making a CHANGE to our team monthly challenges! They will remain exactly the same, however, instead of having a separate thread for the challenge, you will post on your team thread instead! WE WILL STILL TRACK TEAMMATES WHO PARTICIPATE!! The Team with the most points will receive a two pound incentive going into team weekly weigh-ins!

Our November Monthly Team Challenge starts this SUNDAY!!!

I will post the details on our November monthly team challenge tomorrow! It will be a fun, challenging and motivating challenge!

Let’s slay November!
  • SallyLuvsFitness
    💪💪💪🌟💪💪💪 WE ARE THE WARRIORS 💪💪💪🌟💪💪💪
    🍁 🏆 🍃 🏆 🍁 NOVEMBER 2020 🍁 🏆 🍃 🏆 🍁

TEAM!!!! NOVEMBER IS ALMOST HERE!!!

Join our Champion Circle 🏆 ⭕️ 🏆 by posting your goals 5 out of 7 days this week!!!

Check out: Power of Sharing Your Goals
    https://possibilitychange.com/the-power-of-sharing-your-goals/

Team Daily Challenge: You set your goals for the week starting on Sunday (keep the same goals all month if you want) with the exception of the new month starting tmo. Next, you post to the team your results from prior day! Let’s support each other.👏💃👏

Here are my daily goals and to hold me accountable to the team! I will share my results daily. We are here to support and help each!! If you are struggling or have positive things you want to share!

Post!

🎯 My Daily ACCOUNTABILITY Goal RESULTS 🎯
    Fitness327wk
    Results - 10.29
    1) Bible Study ✝️ - You Version App/Acts - Kay Arthur ✅
    2) Log and Post ALL Calories consumed on myfitnesspal - Nope 👎 - NEED TO GET BACK in HABIT OF DOING THIS! SO HELPFUL!
    3) Follow Workout 🏋️‍♀️ Plan: 5 (45 Min - Spinning 🚴), Squat Challenge and HIIT ✅
    4) Read 1/2 hour ✅
    5) Meditate 🧘‍♀️ at least 10 mins! Nope 👎

Happy Friday Team!!!

Who is going to join me in the Champion Circle next week!!!
  • GrandmaJackie
    GrandmaJackie Posts: 33,022 Member
    edited October 2020
    🐶November Daily Goals 🐶
    Posting your goals 5 out of 7 days this week
    👍Join our Champion Circle👍

1. Check in daily
    2. Limit sweets
    3. Yoga at least 15 mins
    4. Keep automatic negative thoughts at bay!
    5. Limit sweets
    6. 12k steps
    7. Low carb diet
    8. Yoga burn Trim Core Challenge
    9. No late night snacks
    10. Read 20 mins

I’m totally in, @Fitness327wk..... I need this to help me stay accountable.....

Who else Is up for this challenge?

• SallyLuvsFitness
    🐶November Daily Goals 🐶
    Posting your goals 5 out of 7 days this week
    👍Join our Champion Circle👍

1. Check in daily
    2. Limit sweets
    3. Yoga at least 15 mins
    4. Keep automatic negative thoughts at bay!
    5. Limit sweets
    6. 12k steps
    7. Low carb diet
    8. Yoga burn Trim Core Challenge
    9. No late night snacks
    10. Read 20 mins

I’m totally in, @Fitness327wk..... I need this to help me stay accountable.....

Who else Is up for this challenge?

I love it, thank you Jackie!!
  • kjemudder
    kjemudder Posts: 425 Member
    "Join our Champion Circle 🏆 ⭕️ 🏆 by posting your goals 5 out of 7 days this week!!!"
    Post your goals for the week here on the 'Brave Warrior' thread, as explained above by @Fitness327wk.

We have shown that we are champions in so many ways! We 'slayed' October, and with the holidays coming we need to focus even harder! As a team, we can do it in November too, but only if we all pitch in for success. Sally and the Captains have made the Warrior group a winning combination of self care that's easy to follow and suited to everyone.
    Let's make the next 30 days a winning journey!!!

• SallyLuvsFitness
    edited October 2020
    kjemudder wrote: »
    "Join our Champion Circle 🏆 ⭕️ 🏆 by posting your goals 5 out of 7 days this week!!!"
    Post your goals for the week here on the 'Brave Warrior' thread, as explained above by @Fitness327wk.

We have shown that we are champions in so many ways! We 'slayed' October, and with the holidays coming we need to focus even harder! As a team, we can do it in November too, but only if we all pitch in for success. Sally and the Captains have made the Warrior group a winning combination of self care that's easy to follow and suited to everyone.
    Let's make the next 30 days a winning journey!!!
    I love it!!! Let’s go team!! Post your goals, I can’t wait to see your results!!

Our monthly Team Challenge will be coming out soon!!!!

Let’s get ready to kick rear in November! A little sneak peek!!

b4c06a17xp50.jpeg

q988t01jbv0m.jpeg
  • kjemudder
    Goal for November:
    # Steps Average for the month: 6,000
    # Steps Total: 60 miles or more for November

Daily Goals:
    - [ ] 1 - Track all calories
    - [ ] 2 - Eat less carbs and sugar
    - [ ] 3 - Walk, walk, walk
    - [ ] 4 - Cruise through the holidays with www.flylady.net
    - [ ] 5 - Be mindful of automatic negative thoughts and ‘slay’ them
  • SallyLuvsFitness
    10 Tricks to Avoid Halloween Candy Temptations
    Beware those empty calories in the Halloween candy jar.

wrqjwdco6lmw.png

https://www.webmd.com/diet/features/10-tricks-avoid-halloween-candy-temptations

Check out the article!
    But there are ways to keep your hands out of the candy jar so you can avoid packing on some extra pounds even before the holiday season starts. Here are 10 expert tips to help you avoid the temptation of Halloween goodies, at home and at the office.

Buy candy you don’t love. If the candy in your pantry is stuff kids like but that you don’t enjoy, it will be easier to resist opening those bags and diving in. For most of us, that means anything but chocolate. "Sour candy, gummy-textured [candies], hard candies and the others that are not chocolate are lower in fat and calories and typically not the candy we overeat," says Sandon.
    Out of sight, out of mind. Ask your co-workers to keep their candy jars and bowls inside their desks or stashed in a cabinet in the break room so you won’t be tempted every time you see it. If they want to keep candy on their desks, ask them to use a colored container with a lid so you can’t see inside.
    Savor one piece of your favorite candy a day. Decide what time of day you most relish the sweet stuff, and save your special treat for that time. Then sit back and slowly savor the taste sensation. "It is so easy to pop a piece of candy into your mouth mindlessly and not get the full enjoyment you would get if you saved it and ate it when you know you will enjoy it the most," says Sandon. Indulge your sweet tooth on occasion, because denying yourself completely could lead to an all-out binge.
    Chew gum. Sugarless gum gives your mouth a burst of sweet sensation for very few calories. "Studies have shown that gum chewing can also help [you] relieve stress, mentally focus on tasks, satisfy a sweet tooth, overcome the urge to eat candy, and help manage hunger pangs to hold you over until your next meal," says Sandon.
    Replace the candy with better choices. Make the see-food diet work in your favor by putting out a bowl of colorful fruit or veggies in place of the candy.
    Move the candy jar. Wansink and colleagues have done studies on how frequently people eat candy when it is within reach, out of sight, or requires them to get up to reach the jar. "If you have to get up to get a piece of candy, it is not always worth the effort, whereas when the candy is convenient, consumption is higher," says Wansink.
    Count the empty wrappers. It's so easy to pop fun-size candy bars into your mouth that you can lose track of how quickly the calories are adding up. "If you keep the wrappers on your desk, it will remind you of how many you ate and hopefully inspire you to exercise moderation and stop after one or two," says Sandon.
    Take a walking break. Getting away from your desk for a breath of fresh air can invigorate you and help you get over the mid-morning or mid-afternoon slumps that are often mistaken for hunger.
    Manage your hunger. Eat breakfast before coming to work and plan for a few healthy snacks along with a satisfying lunch. Your preplanned meals with keep you feeling satisfied and make you less likely to raid the candy bowl.
    Sip on a low-calorie beverage. Keep your hands and mouth busy by drinking a zero-calorie cup of hot tea (rich with disease-fighting antioxidants) or big glass of water. And light hot chocolate can satisfy your sweet tooth for few calories than most fun-size chocolate bars.
  • SallyLuvsFitness
    🎯 My Daily ACCOUNTABILITY Goal RESULTS 🎯
    Fitness327wk
    Results - 10.29
    1) Bible Study ✝️ - You Version App/Acts - Kay Arthur ✅
    2) Log and Post ALL Calories consumed on myfitnesspal - Yes! ✅
    3) Follow Workout 🏋️‍♀️ Plan: 5 (45 Min - Spinning 🚴), Squat Challenge and HIIT ✅
    4) Read 1/2 hour ✅
    5) Meditate 🧘‍♀️ at least 10 mins! Yes ✅
    mh8ym70idzjq.jpeg
  • cppeace
    cppeace Posts: 764 Member
    Hi all! Sorry I didn't check in for the last week. Been busy and have kept up my streak. Hope everyone is doing well :)
  • kjemudder
    cppeace wrote: »
    Hi all! Sorry I didn't check in for the last week. Been busy and have kept up my streak. Hope everyone is doing well :)

Keep up the good work...Did you write more on your book? I'd love to read it when you're done :smiley:
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 14,771 Member

🎃 October Daily Goals 🎃

👻 Week 5
    (25 Oct - 31 Oct)
    (Fri weigh-in) [/color]
    Sun: ✅ Mon: ✅ Tue: ✅ Wed: ✅
    Thu: ✅ Fri: ✅ Sat: ✅
    Weight < 155 : <150✅
    Jan 2015: 227 (GW: 160s)
    Achieved Nov 2017
    1 Aug 2019: 170.1 (GW: 150s)
    Achieved Oct 2019
    1 Aug 2020: 149.9
    28 Aug 2020: 149.3

13 Sept: 152.2 (birthday - DH)
    GW: 147
    19 Sept: 151.2
    25 Sept: 150.4
    30 Sept: 149.4
    1 Oct: 149.2
    3 Oct: 148.6
    6 Oct: 148.0
    17 Oct: 147.4
    24 Oct: 146.0
    25 Oct: 146.6
    Reduce Fat%: ✅ 29.3-> 27.1; 25.2; 24.5 24.3: 24.2 23.9
    Increase Muscle%: ✅ 28.7-> 30.1; 30.3; 30.6; 30.7: 30.9
    Pre-log Calories (7/7)
    Calories < in the green (7/7) Yes, but I had a very indulgent day.
    Steps > 7500 🏃🏽‍♀️(6/7) A bit short today as it was an active rest day.
    Intentional exercise minutes > 50 (7/7)
    Active hours > 6 (7/7)
    🔹Fitbit Mindfulness challenge (3/3 days)

Positive intentions: .

🔹Drink water on waking ✅
    🔹Meditate (20+ mins)✅
    🔹Exercise: Interval walk✅ strength ✅
    🔹Chores✅ laundry ✅
    🔹Puzzles ✅
    🔹Shopping for weekend roast ✅
    🔹Watch TV✅
    🔹Internet: Catch up on emails (5 mins)✅
    🔹Post weight/goals updates ✅

👻Boo!

• SallyLuvsFitness
    edited November 2020
    Please head over my friends to our November thread!

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10814465/maia-brave-warrior-team-november/p1?new=1

We have an exciting new challenge to keep up motivated through November!!

Thread is now closed.

This discussion has been closed.