Weight No More - November 2020 Team Chat

jugar
jugar Posts: 10,004 Member
imvirdc2owbj.png

Here is your Team chat room for November 2020. This is where you weigh in every week, post your goals and progress, discuss any issues or topics of interest, share ideas, support your teammates, receive help when you need it, and dream big. Try to post every day, and help each other succeed!

We have six great teams. The group and team leaders are as follows:

Our Moderators:
Liselyn - @jugar
Beka - @Beka3695
Teresa - @TeresaW1020
Megan - @Megan_smartiepants1970

Our Team Captains:
Mission Slimpossibles - @broncobuddee and @TeresaW1020
Trimstones - @mulecanter and @jessicakrall8
Weight No More - @1theresamcvean and @minstrelofsarcasm
Waist Aways - @jugar and @micki48
Shrinking Assets - @Boehle and @beka3695
Downsizers - @lindamtuck2018 and @Megan_smartiepants1970

Our Team Motivators:
Mission Slimpossibles - @AustinRuadhain @katmary71 and @raleighgirl09
Trimstones - @Emmajhare and @angmarie28
Weight No More - @GingerPwr and @KUMEcyclingteam
Waist Aways - @Terytha and @conleywoods
Shrinking Assets - @hipari
Downsizers - @Marigorringo

HOW IT ALL WORKS:
Every challenger weighs in on their chosen day, every week without fail! At the end of each week, the tallies are done to determine the team and individuals with the most weight lost. The best losers are announced with full fanfare every Sunday. The team competition is all in good spirits - may the most losing win!

We also track those small, steady losses with the Green Week count. If you lose, however small an amount, it counts for 1 week in the green. The total will be by month, and cumulative - so you can really rack them up and get to your goal even if you never hit the top of the leaderboard.

In an effort to recognize accomplishments, we are using an optional addition to the weigh in format called LOSS TO DATE or LTD. Please just leave this new line off if you do not want to participate. Here is the new format:

Username
Weigh In Day
PW (Previous Weight):
CW (Current Weight):
LTD (Loss to Date): your TOTAL loss since your highest weight ever

If you need a week off, a break, a change of weigh-in day - just ask your Captains here on your team chat page. If you take a break, you are moved to the Support Team. If you miss two weigh-ins in a row without asking for a break, you will be dropped from the team, so be sure to ask if you are travelling, sick, or just needing some time off. You can remain on the Support Team for as long as you need to. You still participate in the discussions and weigh in if you want to, but your weigh-ins will not be counted on the weekly tally.

Once you reach your goal weight, you join the Goal Zone! After hitting your goal, you need support to stay there, and you can help your teammates join you. You must continue to weigh in every week, and if you have 2 weeks above your self-defined goal zone, you go back to the regular team to lose that amount before it builds up. You will have a chance to hone those maintenance skills and stick with your team!

In addition to your own team, there are F2F Full Group CHALLENGES. You can do all or none - it's up to you. Participating adds a lot to your success, so we hope to see you there often! These can involve anything fitness, health, or nutrition - and they’ll get you moving, thinking, and learning about this journey. Check the Announcements section for full group challenges.

Let’s show our fellow challengers some F2F love! Introduce yourselves right away, and let the new month begin!!

Replies

• 1theresamcvean
    1theresamcvean Posts: 931 Member
    edited October 2020
    8aq0vxxgj13r.png
    Sorry for the huge graphic. It's so 'reflective' of November here in Canada ~ dark branches, moody twilights that come so early in the day, a thick carpet of leaves to keep everything safe until the spring, and icy, 'reflective' water.

Hello everyone! I’m Theresa and I live in downtown Toronto, Canada. Together with @minstrelofsarcasm I'm a co-captain here on TWNM.

About me
    I have two grown children. My daughter Elisabeth lives nearby with her partner, Jake. My son Phil lives in a small town an hour away with his wife, Katie, and two children. Pippa is 3 1/4 years old and Gilbert is almost 1 1/2. I have a Havanese dog named Xavy.

I had a career as an advertising and publishing executive. For years I ran, cycled, and swam. Then one day, as my daughter says, just like Forrest Gump I stopped.

My weight story
    As a child, I was an average weight, except this one time when my next-door neighbour's grandmother babysat and fed us too much. When my children were small, I was very slim, about 120 lbs, probably from chasing them around. In my forties I was at my ideal weight, a toned 142 lbs.

Three and a bit years ago, when my granddaughter was born, I saw a photo and didn’t recognize myself. I did look like a happy nana and I’m sure I was comfy to hug, but I want to live to be a ‘little’ old lady.

In January 2018, I weighed 177.4 lbs with a goal of a toned 142 lbs. I began by losing almost 30 pounds in the first year and plateaued for about a year. My mother was very frail and in need of full-time support. Curiously, Covid has allowed my sister and me more time to focus on ourselves.

The present
    For the past year, I've been working towards launching a start-up with a friend from my business days. It’s an online service where people can hire professional genealogists by the minute to get past brick walls with their family trees. I’m not going to jinx the launch by giving you a date.

This summer and fall, I did a variety of activities including HIIT over Zoom, cycling on my used Spin bike indoors and on my bicycle outdoors. I look after my grandchildren every Friday, which is heavy work (shout out to all the moms of toddlers and preschoolers here!) and walk Xavy every day.

My November goals
    • Work out 3 to 4 days a week - Spinning, HIIT, and weights at home.
    • Get to a lower set point or weekly average weight of 145.5.
    • See 142 on the scale.
    • Choose weight range for maintenance.

My words for 2020, and this is a reminder to myself, are Balance and Listen.

I'm adding a word for November, feel free to add one too, and it's Reflective.

Please share your November goals and re-introduce yourself to the team. This will help our new teammates get to know you more quickly. Plus it’s always nice to reacquaint amongst ourselves. Everyone loves personal stories.

Everyone, if you’re comfortable sharing your first name when you introduce yourself, please do.

• pacsnc6
    pacsnc6 Posts: 978 Member

My name is Patsy. I was not overweight as a child, in the 60s everyone was skinny - just thought we were fat! I weighed less that 100 pounds until I had my babies and then only 105. I put on all the extra pounds starting in my 40s but was told not to worry about a few pounds a year. I was always really healthy until last March - yes right at the beginning of the Covid scare in the US - when I was diagnosed with a very rare liver cancer. My symptoms were the same as being eight months pregnant with a big baby that wants out! Really felt weird at age 67.

I had 4 months of chemo before changing to Keytruda (an immunotherapy drug). I have felt amazingly good through this ordeal - better appetite than ever, more energy than usual, a few aches and pains mostly in the hips is really my only complaint. The last scan two weeks ago showed more than 50% reduction of the tumor since starting Keytruda. We are thrilled and hoping it continues. My doctor wants me to try an maintain my weight or at least not gain or lose a lot right now. I would like to drop another 15 pounds at some point so I will keep trying to lose it slowly. Seem to be maintaining right now so the doctors are happy.
  • pacsnc6
    pacsnc6 Posts: 978 Member
    @1theresamcvean that is a pretty picture but looks cold! It must be very pretty in summer with all the trees filled with green leaves.
  • kandi3570
    kandi3570 Posts: 238 Member
    Also I just cleaned out my closet I have a lot of size 18regular jeans and 2x dressy shirts and sweaters that I’m giving away, if anyone needs them, PM me.
  • jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,004 Member
    The November Habit Tracker is ready to go! This is a simple tool made available to anyone on F2F who likes to see those check marks accumulate, or to revise their daily habits and commitment when they don't ----

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10814468/habit-tracker-november-2020#latest
  • tryingagain5
    tryingagain5 Posts: 1,037 Member
    I didn't work Friday night so I was able to sleep at night.😴 I think I slept around 7 hours, which is a lot for me.😊 but I also woke up around 4:30 am. Go figure, I can sleep longer and my body says, no.

Anyway, I decided to just get up, did a load of laundry, went to the store to find a birthday present for my great niece's birthday. Also, went to the grocery store to get items to make an Italian stew that my sister made for me a couple weeks ago. I needed minute tapioca but couldn't find it on the shelf, so I asked someone who works there. He said they got a shipment in a month ago but are having trouble getting more shipments in. He also said they can't keep it on the shelf. He suggested cornstarch as an alternative. What I find funny is that my brother in law said there's no toilet paper on the shelves at the store in his area but there was plenty of toilet paper in my store but no minute tapioca.🤣

I started the stew, had some lunch and of course my body decided it was tired so I took a 2 hour nap.

Later I went for dinner with a friend in my condo complex. She has been pretty busy with her kids and grandkids lately so it was nice to catch up.

• brown6267
    brown6267 Posts: 476 Member
    10/31 steps 3318
  • kandi3570
    kandi3570 Posts: 238 Member
    My steps for yesterday were 1803. I didn’t wear it half of the day. And I cleaned out my closet.
  • mxlaw90
    mxlaw90 Posts: 75 Member
    Hey everyone!
    I cannot believe it is already November I feel like October was a week long. This month I am going to set some small goals for myself, no more daily starbucks make coffee at home, drink 60 oz water daily, and complete a minimum of 4 workouts per week. It's also marathon month with my gym so I need to run a total of 26.2 miles this month to complete a full marathon.

PW 157.2
    CW 156.8
  • annliz23
    annliz23 Posts: 3,239 Member
    Pw 124
    CW 122
    Steps
    Sun 13,286
    Mon 3,832
    Tue 8,455
    Wed 8,251
    Thu 3,645
    Fri 5,448
    Sat 11,661

Posted this earlier this morning but for some reason it seems to have disappeared so posted again.

• Beka3695
    Beka3695 Posts: 4,126 Member
    dfjaor9qrtfx.jpg
    n2a5hey0nxng.png
    gtfv9ta6w1i0.png
    m9tih09mrdv2.png

PLACE TEAM PERCENTAGE
    crn6tyld85y7.png

PLACE TEAM LBS LOSS
    w2c6u4ssh8et.png

PLACE INDIVIDUAL PERCENTAGE
    1st @draby2011 3.25%
    2nd @pizzafruit 2.10%
    3rd @darleenturner 2.05 %

PLACE INDIVIDUAL LBS LOSS
    1st @draby2011 7.8 Lbs
    2nd @pizzafruit 5.8 Lbs
    3rd @cnb124 4.9 Lbs

HONORABLE MENTIONS
    @gharvey2753
    @Zumba_Luvah
    @Beka3695
    @jenmurphy3
    @adhmrh
    @TeresaW1020
    @boehle
    @Melzz19
    @kos33

t6ztg753fdyr.png

• Beka3695
    Beka3695 Posts: 4,126 Member
    lcrhzz76sqxc.jpg
    g5y0hngqr3tf.png
    16q9ftb9d4va.png
    6t7to0t576k9.png

PLACE TEAM PERCENTAGE
    oi82mbih0rfz.png

PLACE TEAM LBS LOSS
    q9qbfghmtm5d.png

PLACE INDIVIDUAL PERCENTAGE
    1st @Megan_smartiepants1970 5.14 %
    2nd @Beka3695 5.08%
    3rd @cnb124 4.81 %

PLACE INDIVIDUAL LBS LOSS
    1st @cnb124 16.3 Lbs
    2nd @happimess01 13.4 Lbs
    3rd @davidji82 13.3 Lbs

HONORABLE MENTIONS
    @TASCascalho
    @davidji82
    @imgwendolyn2015
    @PlaneMonkey
    @mbakhtiaruz
    @adhmrh
    @izzyred9400
    @kandi3570
    @floecity

s97bp5gwa671.png

• sleepymom5
    sleepymom5 Posts: 2,453 Member
    I will check in tomorrow for the weekend-I have to run!
  • kirsten11872
    kirsten11872 Posts: 519 Member
    @1theresamcvean not sure if you saw my post in the October thread, but I would like to stay in the weight-loss part of the challenge. I’m hoping to drop 5-7 pounds this month. Let me know. Thanks!😊
  • Cafelelia
    Cafelelia Posts: 1,298 Member
    edited November 2020
    Hi team and happy November! My name is Lisa and I am from Toronto, Canada. I live here with my husband of many years and our two boys, ages 14 and 10. I am a lawyer and run a part time practice from home so that I have more time for family and myself as well. I spent many years in the corporate world, and starting putting on weight in my mid-thirties with a busy career, and then pregnancies. I have lost a few times, but have yo-yo’d. I have been on this team just over a year and half. The support and advice here has been invaluable, and I have spent a lot of time researching, trying things out and reflecting on what I have done in the past. So, I have tried a different approach to weight loss this time with the goal of stopping fluctuations. I am doing IF, lower carb and also a very slow and steady approach, with some rest time in between losses as well. Also, I have discovered that stress management is more important than I ever realized, so I have been really focusing on when I feel stress and how I deal with it. At my heaviest I was 168.7 lbs. That was a lot for my height (just under 5’4”) and smaller frame. My loss goal is 30 lbs and I am 4 lbs away! I definitely had hiccups along the way, particularly with the pandemic. I am a runner and have done many races, including some half-marathons, but was sidelined about a year after an injury in 2019. But I have learned that no matter what, I am able to focus on myself and my health, and a bad day or week does not have to set me back permanently.

I did not too badly on my October goals. My weight loss goal was 3 lbs and I lost 2.3 lbs, which is just fine. I also did well continuing with IF/lower carb eating, doing a small stress busing activity each day, and enjoying various October celebrations and holidays. The one goal that I need to improve on was exercise. I did get in walking, but not weights consistently. We have had more than our fair share of stress this October with my kids being back at in person school and our city experiencing a second wave of the pandemic. So overall, I am happy with my October and feel better about the coming months too.

November goals:
    Weight - Lose 4 lbs (I am going for those final 4!)
    Exercise - walking, weights 2x per week, and try out at least one run
    Eating - Continue IF and lower carb eating
    Stress managementt - Remember to post here on the bad, stressful days! Also, keep doing “Hygge” things including reading, board games and relaxing without screens. I have a nice Hygge book that I just started, which is really inspiring. Also, listening to the Calm app daily is really nice, especially the music.
    Early Christmas prep - For the past several years, we packed up and went to my in-laws out of town for Christmas as my FIL had Parkinson’s and could not travel. Sadly, he passed away last December. This year will be our first Christmas at home since our kids were little. So I am going to decorate a bit more and get organized early for all the festivities. I am not seeing this as something stressful, but as a way to honour our past traditions and create some new ones. I figure this will also help us get through this second wave of the pandemic, particularly the colder weather setting in.

Welcome all new team members and welcome back to everyone returning! Also, congratulations to our our October challenge winners!

Hope that everyone has a fantastic November!!
This discussion has been closed.