What's on your mind?

Replies

• slimgirljo15
    slimgirljo15 Posts: 269,440 Member
    Diatonic12 wrote: »
    Yes, siree.

The private groups fall flatter than a flounder after the title is written. There's so many with one member and no posts. Connection matters. It's everything.

The beating heart. @slimgirljo15 That woman is amazing. I think she operates with a photographic memory. She remembers everyone. She goes out of her way to make everyone feel welcome and when you're having a hard time...she's right there.

She's the first person I reached out to on this forum. She didn't know me but I knew she was someone who cared. Really cared. She still does. Nothin' has changed.

MFP is one big puzzle. We all have one piece and when you put us together we are a perfect fit.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mSZXWdKSQNM&pbjreload=101

Thank you my sweet friend for such lovely words.. I really appreciate it and what a lovely way to start my day 🤗❤

As for the forums, I think they'll continue although maybe paid for some how.. Companies are always chasing the almighty dollar so Im guessing they'll find a way to make it out of us. 😒
  • slimgirljo15
    edited October 2020
    Double post :#
  • Diatonic12
    Diatonic12 Posts: 32,344 Member
    edited October 2020
    @slimgirljo15 Do you think chitchat is going to bite the dust?

I've checked out a few other food forums. :p Dull. Dead, dead, dead, deadski. Not even as interesting as watching paint dry.

Today, I ate a tuna sandwich, 12 potato chips and 2 dill pickles.

tenor.gif?itemid=9327851
  • slimgirljo15

no, I don't think so.. but then I could be wrong lol. I think it will all continue on but like I said there maybe a small fee somewhere.
  • Diatonic12
    @slimgirljo15 No more free lunch. Mmm hmm, I can see that. Wouldn't it be great if they would conduct a survey for some new ideas and not just a few questions. Really get in there and get some feedback from everyone.
  • slimgirljo15
    @slimgirljo15 No more free lunch. Mmm hmm, I can see that. Wouldn't it be great if they would conduct a survey for some new ideas and not just a few questions. Really get in there and get some feedback from everyone.

That would be great, not likely though. ;)
    I can only assume that Francisco partners aren't going to throw away $345m so hopefully improvements will be made.
    Im not sure if community is considered part and parcel of the app.. so 🤞
  • slimgirljo15

I've checked out a few other food forums. :p Dull. Dead, dead, dead, deadski. Not even as interesting as watching paint dry.

Today, I ate a tuna sandwich, 12 potato chips and 2 dill pickles.

tenor.gif?itemid=9327851

I used Noom years ago when it was free and also I did Spark people.. the forums here are far better I think.
  • Diatonic12
    edited October 2020
    @slimgirljo15 Alrighty then and I know why Community is big here. I know why they hang here. Ooo, don't you know I know, Chitchatterarians <3<3<3
  • dylanalexander5781
    dylanalexander5781 Posts: 27 Member
    Should be asleep
  • Diatonic12
    Should be asleep

Nooo, you need to wake back UP. We're having a party.
  • ReenieHJ
    ReenieHJ Posts: 9,724 Member
    @Kickassamazon You've got them all. No more anywhere around your house. Vamoosh. Disappeared. You scared the bejeezus out 'em.

Oop, what was that?? Thought I saw something....
  • ReenieHJ
    ReenieHJ Posts: 9,724 Member
    I used to belong to a book-swapping site. It was a good site, especially the talk-about-everything-else-except-books part of it. Then they changed the rules and started charging people. :( Everything changed.
    Food is good, nutrition, exercise, health, it's all important and that's how we probably all found our way here. But chit chat is the icing on the cake; it's the stuff that keeps us here. JMO
  • Diatonic12
    edited November 2020
    @ReenieHJ It's just like going fishin'. There are many fish in the sea and we snag some newbies but many show up and never come back again. One post and they're gone. Potentials. Customers. They need some new and different bait to reel in the big fish and small guppies.

I have a theory why many only write one post then disappear never to be heard from again. In my culture, when you foam and blather at the mouth, sharing your dream with the world, there will be naysayers who will talk you out of it and there will be those who will laugh and tell you that you're a complete dodo for dreaming something big or small. It takes the wind right out of your sails and by always talking about it rather than actually doing it, it doesn't happen. Gone like a vapor. Up in smoke.

The best way to stoke the fire and passion for your own dreams is to keep your mouth shut. Now this translates over into telling the world your story. You've been on the biggest thrill eating ride of your life that takes you to the highest weight you've ever been in your entire lifetime.

You come here and tell your story. Confession is good for the soul. You get everything off your chest and somehow you feel completely and totally relieved of the burden. You fall right back into your old habits until you can't stand it anymore.

Pain is the precursor to change. When the pain is great enough, that's when people will make a change. First comes the confession and then they disappear because it's therapeutic to get everything off your shoulders....never to be heard from ever again.

I've watched it happen so many times and I wonder what happens to these people. The seeds are planted for a change on down the road but there's no such thing as the perfect timing or day to start. It's right now. With every passing day and year the ground grows colder.

ChitChat. Never underestimate what's going on out here until you've taken a walk on the wild side. There are many here working just as hard on their goals, silently and quietly behind the scenes. Frankly, they're kicking some serious @$$ without anyone else ever knowing it. The unsung heroes of MFP.

True grit. Take a walk on the wild side.

• stevehenderson776
    stevehenderson776 Posts: 324 Member
    Three days! No mice in the traps!

P A R T A Y

Either you out of mice

Or the mice are on to you and are biding their time.
  • mommabear4315
    mommabear4315 Posts: 3,424 Member
    So...
  • Miss_Chiev0us
    Miss_Chiev0us Posts: 1,592 Member
    Motorsheen wrote: »
    my wife just told me that I needed to 'grow up'.

I didn't say anything to her to return.

I would have, except I had seven, fun size, halloween candy bars in my mouth at the time.

🤣

7?? Impressive..
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,492 Member
    Motorsheen wrote: »
    my wife just told me that I needed to 'grow up'.

I didn't say anything to her to return.

I would have, except I had seven, fun size, halloween candy bars in my mouth at the time.

🤣

7?? Impressive..

well.... they were fun sized.

*shrug