WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR NOVEMBER 2020

Replies

• grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,638 Member
    edited November 2020
    Barbie- thank you again into bringing us into another month ..
    Not much of anything new will get up and make some tea...
    Alfie has his sweater on and is snuggled under the covers.
    And Tom trained me lol to change the clocks during the day as you go..so by the time you go to bed your all set..
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,706 Member
    For those of us who are still making our way through ...

nfnbs9qdullg.png

I was nearing the 12 months without ... I was starting to feel hopeful ... but nope. Still going.

M in Oz
  • Faetta
    Faetta Posts: 1,059 Member
    edited November 2020
    3:30 AM PST Nov. 1 and page 2 already. I feel like I am running in heels yelling, "Wait for me girls, wait for me."

My goals this month
    Gain 1.5 lbs
    Reduce waist 1"
    Increase low hip 1":
    Maintain health
    Get married

I braved the cold at 38 degrees for moonlit patio scant bikini Fae She. After 5 minutes of pending hypothermia, I finished inside at a balmy 68 degrees. Tomorrow I will wear leggings.

Fae embarking on her 71st trip around the sun at 3 AM MST this very morning.
  • Machka9
    New Ways November
    https://www.actionforhappiness.org/new-ways-november

"Covid is restricting our lives, but we can find new ways to keep making progress. Trying out new things can actually boost our well-being. When we open up to new ideas, it helps us stay curious and engaged. It can also bring a sense of accomplishment and help to boost our self-confidence and resilience. There are so many ways to learn new things and this month we're encouraging everyone to find new and creative ways to overcome our frustrating situations."

gbdg2db70vgy.png

November 1 - Make a list of new things you want to do this month.

There will be a lot of renewed things this month. Visiting all the clothes in my dressing room and deciding which can go to the OP Shops. Revisiting my website. Reacquainting myself with my camera. Rediscovering sitting and reading a fiction book. :)

M in Oz
  • spikeyhair
    spikeyhair Posts: 2,078 Member
    Sorry BARBIE forgot to say thanks for Nov thread

Kate UK ❤️
  • Faetta
    edited November 2020
    Thanks, Barbie for the new thread. I have read all the posts to this point and enjoyed them all. All you ladies are the best. Now off to guitar practice and then fixing something special for breakfast #2 to celebrate this historical day.

Hugs to all whether you need them or not.

Fae in North Central Oregon

I love my new custom handmade top
    be4u12d40lrx.jpg
  • Machka9
    Faetta wrote: »
    3:30 AM PST Nov. 1 and page 2 already. I feel like I am running in heels yelling, "Wait for me girls, wait for me."

My goals this month
    Gain 1.5 lbs
    Reduce waist 1"
    Increase low hip 1":
    Maintain health
    Get married

I braved the cold at 38 degrees for moonlit patio scant bikini Fae She. After 5 minutes of pending hypothermia, I finished inside at a balmy 68 degrees. Tomorrow I will wear leggings.

Fae embarking on her 71st trip around the sun at 3 AM MST this very morning.

Happy Birthday!
  • SophieRosieMom
    SophieRosieMom Posts: 3,285 Member
    Good morning! <3

Barbie- thanks for getting us set up in a new month. Already, wow. :)

Love all the photos of the littles and their Hallowe'en costumes. <3

Machka - thank you for putting 2020 into perspective. Last century, countless families were impacted by wars. This virus is a war of sorts, but the vast majority of us will survive and learn from it.

I found Tim Spector on Twitter yesterday, and he's moved from researching the microbiome to Covid. It's fascinating, for me, to read about what's happening in the UK with lockdowns and how the virus is acting there. Looks like they are working on predicting who gets the "Long Covid" (takes a long time - sometime months- to recover, major medical intervention) - and who gets over it quickly with mild symptoms, and in between. Kate and you gals in the UK probably get this info on your nightly news.

Discovered this weekend we have some distant relatives who caught it a couple weeks ago. Husband is 74, breezed right through. His wife, 63, also caught it and breezed right through but then suddenly took a turn for the worse and has now been in the ICU for days. So I'm hoping the research Spector mentioned will shed some light on this. Digging into that will be my project today.

Fae - Happy Birthday!! Your new top is super cute, love the backdrop in the photo. The mighty Columbia. B)

Patti in OKlahoma, welcome. And welcome to all new ladies who have come aboard recently. <3 Keep popping in, you'll get tips on just about everything including strength training, exercise, Keto, CICO, intermittent fasting, and others. Hopefully you can find something you can use to tweak your programs if needed. :)

Just finished turning the clocks back, now have to convince the dogs they are on a new feeding schedule. Not, lol.

Make it a fabulous day! <3

Lanette B)
    SW WA State
  • KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    edited November 2020
    Fae!

t3345.gif

• cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,124 Member
    edited November 2020
    HAPPY 70th BIRTHDAY Fae. :D:pB)

DH has just gone out to buy ingredients to make a Christmas Cake. I decided, he's the one that loves it and eats it, so he should make it. I don’t mind advising. I did make a list for him of ingredients and checked my larder. In the past we have made it together, with me as head cook. He seems very happy with the new arrangement. <3
    Traditionally the rich fruit cake is made ahead so it has time to mature and to be drizzled with brandy. I don't know if he will want to put the traditional marzipan and icing on it. Currently he is eating a naked one from the supermarket.

Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx
  • Faetta
    edited November 2020
    Machka Thanks for the birthday wish and the inspirational post.

KJ Dear Scorpio sister, Put your best breast forward, achieve your goals this month, and make turning 54 a joyous occasion. No reason you won't make 100. Sorry, I won't be able to attend your 100th soiree, but I don't think 116 is a realist goal for me to set. The attitude of "f you I will do it myself" is just part of being Scorpio. Embrace it and use it wisely.

Heather Karen Lanette Thanks! Turning 50 and then 60 didn't phase me a bit. Something about 70 has me feeling strange this morning. Mentally I am still a teen and the class clown and physically, all disorders considered, I am doing alright. Not sure what it is but I will shake it before dawn. That is my first goal.

Fae
  • LuciBThinner
    LuciBThinner Posts: 207 Member
    I miss you, Ladies! All my own fault for having guilt as my eating habits have been atrocious! I gained back my weight and am starting again...sigh!

Barbie - Thank you for starting November off...is it really November?? I will attempt to read 2-3 times a day in order to keep up with the number of pages that accumulate each day.

Machka - Congratulations on your Master's!!! Your perseverance is so admirable!

Happy Birthday - Heather and Fae!

I hate that I have missed keeping up with everyone! I hope you are all well and hanging in there during this unusual year!

The children and pets are so adorable! I had to skim back to see some pictures!!

Have a wonderful day! <3 to All! Luci in WNC (where we just survived Tropical Storm Zeta with only a 3 day power outage)
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,878 Member
    edited November 2020
    :)Patti in OK, I don't think any of us arrived here on a winning streak. We came here seeking a solution and by joining together we have supported and encouraged each other. I found MFP at age 62 after decades of failed attempts to lose weight and keep it off. I showed up here and took it one day at a time and took baby steps. Today I have some great habits that have been acquired over time. I've lost weight and kept off. One thing I tell myself is "Do not be discouraged." I hope you will keep coming back.

:)Fae, Happy birthday.

:) A friend told everyone who would listen that she had stopped having birthdays so when her 70th birthday came and went with no one acknowledging it, she got sad and resentful having no idea that her problems were of her own making. At our house, we believe that every day on this side of the grass is a good one.

:) When I walked Sasha yesterday afternoon, we saw a table at the front of a neighbours yard with a jack-o-lantern and baggies of mini candy bars. They are new here this year and possibly don't know that no one trick-or -treats here. I didn't pick up one of the bags, but Sasha seemed extra interested in the table.

:)<3Kelly, Do not be discouraged. Adding a daily walk and sharing with us will help you map out a solution for too much to accomplish and not enough resources.

:) We set our clocks back late yesterday afternoon and still managed to get to bed on time and enjoy the extra hour of sleep.

:)Luci It's good to see you again.

:)Katla, How about starting to knit a blanket with the faith that there will be a place to take it. My friend and I had knitted a lot of hats even knowing that the place we used to take them wasn't open. Then I found that Project Linus was taking blankets to a center serving families burned out by wildfires and they were delighted to get hats. We brought them 39 hats between us. I just found out that the hospital that usually accepts blankets from Project Linus here, isn't accepting anything, but the local leader found several community service agencies that were delighted to get all the quilts and knitted and crocheted blankets we could provide.

:) My Sunday morning walking friend will be here this morning so I'll have two walks today.

:) I finished October averaging over 14,000 steps a day. I am very pleased with that.

<3 Barbie in NW WA
  • Faetta
    Patti Welcome to the group. Victimhood mentally only makes us weaker. Become a survivor. You can do it! We are our own worst enemies when it comes to disciplining ourselves. Hang with this group and share frequently. Get to know all these amazing ladies and their stories. Transforming our minds to accept responsibility is the first transformation necessary. We have two minds, the conscious and the subconscious, so yes, maybe there is another power at play causing you to make bad decisions. This is why so many have found meditation, yoga, Tai Chi, prayer, and hypnosis to be effective. You have a tough battle that can never be won as a victim. You can't call the police to come and arrest the perpetrator. Fitness and health cannot be bought, stolen, or gifted. You have to earn it. Set your goals realistic considering your genetics, build, permanent disabilities, etc.

Fae
  • Peach1948
    Peach1948 Posts: 2,473 Member
    Fae
    Happy Birthday! I too had a difficult time when 70 came. Being 50 and 60 did not bother me, but, turning 70 made me realize that my life was flying by way too fast.

We actually had a trick or treater come. The front light was not on and he did not seem to have a parent near by. DH said he looked to be in 2nd or 3rd grade.

The other day I complained about my 2007 Honda Accord dying. DH got a new battery and it has come back to life. So happy I can put off buying a new car for a while. It needs a good cleaning but drives like a dream.

Carol in GA
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,433 Member
    edited November 2020
    For the 1st time I weighed myself in the morning and then after my workout for the day last month. I mentioned that since retirement I gained some weight and wanted to see how long it would take to lose that weight, I wasn’t worried about it.

I started out at 141.6 on 10/3 for a morning weigh in. The lowest morning weigh in was 133.2 and that was on 10/30. This was the same day we got the spin bike.

I didn’t start recording my weight after my workout until 10/5 and my weight that day was 133.8. The lowest my weight was was on 10/16 and that was 131.6. As I always thought, it still holds true for me, I lose an average of 2lbs of sweat after the workout.

I would list my b4 and after weight weigh in for October but that’s too much. But at least I’m back down to my goal weight.
  • mrsbfe
    mrsbfe Posts: 52 Member
    363days wrote: »
    New to the group and want to be as cheerful as others but I'm not there today. I basically signed in in 2012 3 pounds less than my joining last week. I didn't realize how long I had been up and down the same 10 pounds. Depressing! For 4 days I've been below calorie goal and last night I overate - I wouldn't call it a binge, and gained 1.2 pounds. Yes, I know it may be water weight, etc, but I'm tired of using those responses. Today I feel like a victim and I acknowledge it. I feel like someone else is in control of my eating, not me. I'm just going to take the steps a person working on weight loss would take and put one foot in front of the other...Patti in Oklahoma

I'm relatively new as well, and have very similar feelings as you do. I saw another thread that suggested making mini goals, which I'm going to try to do. I'm trying to find ways to stop being so critical of myself. My doctor said to focus more on what I'm eating rather than how much I'm eating, and have some kind of protein at every meal/snack.

I haven't been participating much here, but read everything. Seems like it would be helpful if I participated more.

I wish you well.

Sheri in OH