NON WW & WW NEWBIES, OUR NEW LIFE, THE START OF SOMETHING WONDERFUL

Replies

• theslightedgeforever
    theslightedgeforever Posts: 2,211 Member
    @trooworld I got 50%. Yaaay on your 75% and 50% So make good choices since you have your weigh in coming up. I hope you get a manager that will bring out the best in you. From the beginning voice your concerns telling her this is how I work best. I know you want me to do the best I can for this company because that will make you look good.....
    You made me laugh with you and hubby seeing who can go to bed earlier just to get the bed. Again I laughed about your comment to Teresa. South vs SoCal. It's funny cause hubby likes to open doors for me but he will suddenly stop and move out of the way to let me go through first (which is nice) but in my head I'm thinking, just keep moving. Why are we stopping I can get the door.

@teresaw1020 Tweaking is the best. Hooray for your lb. It's working. Thinking about chivalry, my hubby would say you women keep demanding equal rights, equal pay, we can share the couch equally. Although in reality, his actions are different and I always get the bed in these instances. I play both sides of that coin. Whatever gets me what I want. I can be dependent woman or independent woman. >:) He knows it too. I've got a good guy.

@mswatson0777 Woohoo on your killer workout. I am trying to learn to listen to my body and not just eat what's in front of me. Cause that can be alot. Sometimes I win and sometimes not. OMG Your doggies are so cute and I'm not a dog person. lol Well, a pet person. That's great that you found another option to have some chill time despite covid. You made me think of something someone put on social media. It's all about our perspectives. I'll have to go find it and post. This lesson can be useful for more than just covid. My kids all went to college in N. Iowa. So walking in -25 degree weather is normal for them. I guess you get used to it just like people who live in hot climates get used to it. Personally, I wish the world was 75 degrees year round. Blue skies with fluffy clouds.

@cbabie Yaaay on tracking and walking. Keep up those healthy habits. Interesting how we are both not animal people because our parents were. I know what my reasons are. Does yours have to do with colored cotton. :D:D:D Yes on escaping with books. You know I can be >:) or o:) Psychology wise, my first choice was the smiling devil. Interesting choice. At least your Zoom meeting doesn't have smell. So as you are learning new skills, you can begin working on journaling your emotions instead of eating them. A lot less calories that way. Maybe you can keep some gum on hand to get the chewing motion going. Or keep cut up carrots in the fridge so you can grab the container and take it to your room or lock yourself in the bathroom even. Begin by writing, I want to eat my emotions right now because of ..................... Get everything out. Then you could put down, But I'm not going to eat my emotions because I am trying to..........and I want to ...................

Green- Stayed OP 213/238
    Intentional movement: 22 min strength training 37 min walk
    26 zone minutes minus 1 for inactivity 7/8

October goals; Green dot day. o:) Drink 6 glasses of water :| Burn 300 calories o:) Preplan food :(

• trooworld
    trooworld Posts: 5,868 Member
    @mswatson0777 Yeah, I really liked my last manager. She had her flaws but I was really attached to her so when she retired, it was really hard for me. I hope I do like this one. Hang in there, it's Friday, you've got the weekend to look forward to! <3

@cbabie 60s freezing lol...while mswatson0777 is talking about walking to work in 20F weather lol. ;) I hope it warms up for you! That's funny about the micromanager you worked for. Good thing she quit! Nice walk, WTG!!!

@TeresaW1020 I do hope so. I mean, we are adults, we are in professional positions, we know how to act. I hope she realizes this. That's great that your pastor is like that. That is how I want her to be!!! :D LOL what a relief to replace those bright red bows it must have been?

@theslightedgeforever I got 50% yesterday. I didn't make a good choice yesterday: we got pizza. :( I hope the new manager brings out the best in me, too. That's a good idea to talk to her. I don't know if I can do it. I'm not that gutsy. re: going to bed early...I made sure and went to bed even earlier last night, I went to bed at 7:10 p.m.! ;) I knew he wasn't going to go that early lol. lol about the door. How are you doing? It looks like you are doing well except for preplanned foods.

Hi all. Well, the braces for the bed came yesterday but my husband said it looked like something he wanted to wait until today to put together. I wasn't about to sleep on the couch again, so I made sure and said I was tired and wanted to go to bed at 7:10 p.m. usually we go to bed at about 7:40 p.m. (we get up at 4:30-4:45 a.m.). I knew he wouldn't go to bed this early and I would get the bed to myself lol. It worked. So, we will put the bed back together tonight hopefully. We got pizza last night, it tasted good but will definitely sabotage my weigh-in on Saturday. It was probably already sabotaged though. Now it's just definitely sabotaged.

COMMITTED.
    Goals for Oct 25-Oct 31:
    - rate my hunger on a scale of 1-10 before eating
    - track 90% of food intake
    - get at least 7 hours of sleep every night
    - drink 2 (26 oz) bottles of water a day
    - meditate for at least 15 minutes a day
    - put my utensil down between bites
    - ask myself if I'm really hungry before eating anything
  • TeresaW1020
    TeresaW1020 Posts: 3,231 Member
    @cbabie HaHa YES!! That graphic is so me. :D

@theslightedgeforever I too am very good at playing both sides of the coin and my sweet DH is very good at letting me. :)

@trooworld Good strategy to get to the bed last night. I hope the frame is able to be put together easily and you both get a good night’s sleep. Maybe the pizza won’t hurt you that badly and if it does you know why and what to do to get the gain back off. I had pizza last night too, but I made it using Flatout flatbread, turkey pepperoni, light mozzarella, veggies, and Rao’s pizza sauce. It was good! :)

Good morning! I am super happy that my weight was down 1.4 for the week. I lost 2 lbs for the month. Not bad considering the first half of the month wasn’t very good, and I’ve only been on my new fasting plan for a week. I’m for sure sticking to this plan for November and am hopeful it will work for me. Today is my 500-calorie meal and I’m planning to have chicken tenders and roasted veggies. I’m also going to go back to Barre Blend this morning for my workout. I plan to modify where I need to and be extra mindful of my back, but this program is very low impact so I’m going to try. Then I need to clean the house, make a menu for next week, and get started on the Christmas card project that Pastor has assigned me to do. You all have a good day! :)
  • stephtra49
    stephtra49 Posts: 168 Member
    Canceled my WW subscription & paid for MFP for a year! Going to start Keto😳! I’ve been slowly working my way into it & since Wednesday I’m down 3.4#. Pretty happy with this! Hope you are all well!
  • theslightedgeforever
    @trooworld I got 30% today. Must do better on this front. So channel me when you are talking with your new boss. ;) If my morning is slow, I preplan. If I'm rushed in the the morning it just rolls over and I never end up preplanning. Saturday's weigh in might not go so well, but where are you for the month? How much have you lost? Sometimes we have to look at the war instead of the individual battles.

@teresaw1020 Very good on the weight loss. Doing the happy dance for you. Oh, yeah, you reminded me it was time for November goals.

@stephtra49 Welcome to the group! Woohoo on your weigh in. Lots of my friends do keto and they like it. I'm currently doing a carb cycling program.

I ended up with a 1.5 loss the last 30 days. My goal is 2.5 per month so I have some catching up to do in November so I reach my quarterly goal in Dec. I'm sure if I drink more water than I have this past week, that would help. Movement has been spot on. Food has been better the past two weeks.

Yellow- Stayed OP 162/164
    Intentional movement: rest day
    4 zone minutes minus 4 for inactivity 4/8

October goals; Green dot day. o:) Drink 6 glasses of water :| Burn 300 calories *** Preplan food :(
  • trooworld
    @TeresaW1020 Your pizza sounds good. We usually make 2-ingredient dough pizza but DH said, "Let's get takeout pizza so we can work on the bed" and then we didn't work on the bed. :( What is your plan for Thanksgiving in relation to your new eating plan? How's your back been?

@stephtra49 Hi, welcome! Congrats on 3.4 lbs down, that's awesome!

@theslightedgeforever I must do better, too: I got about 70%. I have had a chronic headache for 2 weeks, I'm wondering if it is because of water consumption. I do need to channel you! Can you pre-plan the night before? I'm down 7.2 lbs for the month of October before I weigh in today. I'm very happy with that. We'll see what the scale says in a few minutes. 1.5 lbs in the last 30 days is nothing to sneeze at either! Congrats!

Hello all. I still have to weigh in this morning, I'll do that shortly. The bed is still not fixed, we are going to attempt to do that today. We have to: tonight, we are having his sister over for Halloween and she's spending the night on the couch, so where is he going to sleep if the bed isn't fixed lol? Tonight...it should be fun. I'm making some appetizers and we will have drinks and watch scary movies. We are going to dress in costumes, too. Except not my husband, he's a party pooper. I love Halloween! Okay, I just weighed in and I gained 1.2 lbs. I think some of that is sodium retention because my fingers are swollen. So, I lost 6 lbs for October, still not bad! Happy Halloween, everyone!

COMMITTED.
    Goals for Oct 25-Oct 31:
    - rate my hunger on a scale of 1-10 before eating

89eb6fp98mxn.jpg
  • TeresaW1020
    @stephtra49 Welcome and congrats on your loss! I’ve done Keto and now I am also doing carb cycling like @theslightedgeforever. I do try to stay over on the Keto side more often and I also do intermittent fasting. :)

@theslightedgeforever Congrats on your 1.5 lb loss for the month! How will your goals be different next month? I think I’m keeping mine the same since I just started this new fasting/eating plan and it seems to be working. If it ain’t broke!! :D

@trooworld Fortunately, Thanksgiving falls on my bigger eating day and I will probably keep Friday higher so we can have leftovers and then I will drop it down on Saturday and hope that all the weight gain goes away. None of us big on turkey so we will have ham, stuffing, veggies, and of course my yummy cranberry sauce. What is your plan for this year? Have a great Halloween and don’t worry about that gain. You will get it off next week for sure. :)

Good morning! It is a beautiful cool day here. I’ve been working on my menu for next week so that it fits my eating plan and still keeps mom and hubby happy. Speaking of my mom, she hit ONEderland this morning and is super happy. It’s great seeing her feeling so much better than when she first arrived. I was seriously worried about her declining health. I don’t have much planned today. DH has a football game on at noon and I might try to finish this puzzle. I need my table so I can start decorating for Christmas! :grin:

• cbabie
    cbabie Posts: 1,562 Member
    Morning all, sorry I was MIA yesterday...wasn't a good day..spent afternoon in bed..depression hit. I did get out for 2 walks in spite of it..so that is a plus. I didn't eat well..had ice cream for dinner. But I logged my food, so that is a plus.

@TeresaW1020 So glad your. mom is seeing the results of your/her efforts. I hope you enjoy your quiet Saturday.

@theslightedgeforever congrats on the loss for the month. That is a positive, could have maintained or increased..so you are getting your game back on course.

@trooworld LOL I hope your hubby gets to sleep in the bed..floor won't be so good. Congratulations on the loss for October..you have found your plan. Yes you are probably correct about the water...that's why I don't eat pizza or pork. LOL. I can do enough damage with ice cream, so I truly am all or nothing it seems. LOL. I hope you guys have fun tonight, even with the party pooper...Hey he can put the bed together while you visit. :)

@stephtra49 Welcome... So glad you have you here. Sounds like you got your plan and it's working!

Cbabie
  • mswatson0777
    mswatson0777 Posts: 290 Member
    @cbabie way to get in your walk. Sorry to hear you ate your feelings though :( What happened?

@TeresaW1020 Sounds like the holidays are a busy time for you at work! And my dogs aren't huge fans of wearing clothes but they are resigned to their fate and don't put up a fight when I put them on. Congratulations to your Mom on hitting onederland, it sounds like you're both having a lot of success!

@theslightedgeforever A 1.5lb loss is awesome, way to go!!! I know it's not quite as much as you wanted but I hope you're celebrating your successes

@trooworld 6lbs lost for the month of October is a fabulous success, way to go!!! And I LOVE Halloween, what are you dressing up as? And what movies are you watching?

@stephtra49 Welcome!

We had a bit of a dramatic day yesterday. I came home around 2pm to let my dog out of the crate. Normally he shoots out like a cannon, but he cowered, whined, slowly walked out and rolled onto his belly which had two firm bumps around his urethra. I freaked out and rushed him to the emergency vet. I was an absolute mess and could not stop crying I was so worried. It turns out the bumps were inflamed glands (they fill up with blood when a dog is in pain). He must have injured himself in the morning but neither my husband or I noticed and he wasn't acting odd. We've got him on a 10 day pain regimen and are watching his movements like a hawk. I was so relieved that he was okay (and that we didn't have a $2000 emergency surgery bill). But thanks to two hours at the emergency vet I didn't eat lunch until 4pm, and I picked up chinese food because I was in no mood for healthy food. I didn't do too bad calorie-wise since it was my lunch AND dinner. I ended up sleeping 11 hours last night I was so emotionally exhausted. Today I took him on a long car ride and I leisurely walk around the neighborhood (two of his favorite things). I'm just so grateful he's okay.
  • stephtra49
    Happy Halloween everyone!
    @cbabie @trooworld @TeresaW1020 @theslightedgeforever
    Thanks for your words of encouragement!
    So far so good 😊! Now to set some goals for November!
  • theslightedgeforever
    @trooworld I do better following my plan when I preplan in the morning. I used to do it at night but then when I wake up what I planned for breakfast really didn't sound good so I would change it. I guess I need to add it to my Success Wizard app so it can remind me. I got 25% today. Here's to a better week for both of us. My goal for this week is to get 100% at least 4 days. See, You are winning this war. Just keep focused and don't let the little down things distract you. What did you dress up as?

@teresaw1020 I think my November goals will be pretty well the same except I will tweak my breakfast on Thursdays just a bit. I'll keep part of my PB French toast but add in an apple yogurt parfait. I can't believe we are already talking about Thanksgiving. Yaaaay on your mom and ONEderland. You have been a good influence on her.

@cbabie Hooray for the extra walk and you tracked your food. These are becoming habits. At least you didn't eat dinner AND have ice cream. Silver lining. Yes to the all or nothing but there is always hope for change. Look how you are walking outside and tracking. That's change right there.

@mswatson0777 That's good that you didn't go over too much on your calories. Sorry to hear about your doggy. That must have been scary. I'm glad it wasn't too serious.

@stephtra49 I hope you are settling in. How can we best support you in your journey?

Well, I didn't realize that I had an extra day in October to lose some weight and so my end of my total is now 2.3 So close to the 2.5 that I was shooting for. All the days seem to run together since hubby has been home since March.

Green- Went Over 277/238
    Intentional movement: 20 min walk
    26 zone minutes minus 3 for inactivity 5/8

October goals; Green dot day. :( Drink 6 glasses of water :| Burn 300 calories :( Preplan food :(

• trooworld
    @TeresaW1020 Oh that works out well then! Sounds like a good plan. I'm not sure what our plan is yet, probably take food over to my brother-in-law's apartment...the usual turkey etc. and not have too many leftovers. Oh wow, congratulations to your mom! That's so wonderful!!!

@cbabie I'm sorry the blue bug hit you. I hope today is better for you. That's good you got out of bed for 2 walks even though you were feeling bad and you logged, WTG! I am all or nothing a lot of the times it seems, too lol. He did put the bed together, I guess he was sick of sleeping on the couch lol...more on that later.

@mswatson0777 I was unsure what I was dressing up as until about 5:15 p.m. I have a bunch of costumes from previous years and so I decided to reuse Little Red Riding Hood. We watched a stupid horror movie on Hulu called "Bad Hair" with Vanessa Williams in it about a hair weave that is evil and attacks people lol. Oh your poor pup! And poor YOU! That would be dramatic. I would have eaten Chinese food, too. I'm glad your pup is okay. <3

@stephtra49 Happy Halloween!!! A day late :) I always get on here at between 5:00am-6:00am so I just saw your message on Sunday

@theslightedgeforever I see. That's a good idea to add it to your app. I got about 25% yesterday, too. I was just too distracted by all the hoopla. Yes, here's to a better week! I dressed up as Little Red Riding Hood. That's great that you got an extra day in October, see you did great! :D

Hi all. So we started the "Bed Project" at about noon. We worked for a bit before we realized we had to go to Lowe's to get brackets and wood screws. We consulted with no fewer than 3 different Lowe's employees, getting their advice, and finally left with $30 worth of hardware. When we got back to the condo, my husband said I could clean the kitchen while he worked on the bed and he would call me if he needed help. Say no more! So I left him to his labor. He managed to do it on his own, finishing at about 3pm and asked me to test it, it seemed okay. We slept on it last night rather gingerly and it held us both but I'm still worried it is going to collapse on us.

We beefed up our Halloween decorations around the condo and made our appetizers and my SIL came over. I was dressed as Little Red Riding Hood and my husband wasn't dressed up but when my SIL arrived, he decided to put on an old costume combined with a wig, he became what looked like Rick James in a pimp costume lol. He had a red velvet blazer on with zebra trim and a curly wig that had bits of sparkly in it. It was hilarious. My SIL was the Queen of Hearts. The food turned out really good, we had baked jalapeno poppers (note: please make sure to wear gloves when de-seeding a large amount of jalapenos! Your hands will thank you for it), a Middle Eastern dip called Muhamarra with pita chips, Chinese dumplings, and Gochujang Chicken Wings. All pretty healthy.

COMMITTED.
    Goals for Nov 1-Nov 7:
  • mswatson0777
    mswatson0777 Posts: 290 Member
    @theslightedgeforever Congrats about the additional loss, it sounds like it's right on track to your goal!

@trooworld I've been wondering about that movie, was it worth a watch?! I'm so glad you have the bedframe back (and that your hubby took over the project so you didn't have to do it!). Your appetizer spread sounded amazing and I love your costumes! What a fun night!

Happy Sunday All! Halloween is legitimately one of my favorite holidays, and we had a lot of fun last night. We had the Quaranteam over and had a big meat and cheese tray, brats, and homemade candy corn cinnamon rolls. Considering all the less than healthy food we had I wasn't as over on calories as I expected, but I'm definitely reigning it in today since we've got another event Tuesday night with the Quaranteam to watch the election. I got almost all the junk food out of the house and we had a ton of trick or treaters so they cleaned us out of all the Halloween candy (we didn't answer the door, we just had a bowl full of candy outside).The increased COVID numbers are really worrying me so we're keeping it to our closed friend group, but even then it's a risk.
  • stephtra49
    @theslightedgeforever, @mswatson0777, @cbabie, @TeresaW1020, @trooworld
    Thank you all! So far I’m doing pretty good,I’ve staying OP & today I’m done to 178# 💃🏻💃🏻💃🏻
    GOALS for this week, stay on plan, track & weigh everything & lose 2#.
  • cbabie
    Afternoon all, I didn't finish tracking last night. Baby went to bed at 7, woke up at 8, went back to sleep but in my bed..LOL. She was restless all night, So I think the bad food I ate got wrestled out in bed. NOT. I can dream right though? I feel like I was awake all night. But I went to church in a mood, but got out of it during practice. Then came home and had 2 fish patties with a little of tarter sauce. Baby is getting a nap right now, so this night should be better. I WI tomorrow, not sure that I am expecting a loss, but we will see.

@stephtra49 I think your goals are possible!!

@trooworld I can just see your DH in his costume.. I am so glad you had a good time. AND you got the bed up. Yea.

@theslightedgeforever LOL and you thought you would never make it when DH retired...See how you have adjusted. I am still working on it..and it's been over a year. LOL Coffee and cigs all day until 5? Then he will say I guess it's the last cup of coffee for the day...If I had a $$ for every cup of coffee and cigarette he had from the time he got up tilll 5...I wouldn't need an income. LOL. Kidding He is a good hubby..he does laundry, dishes, yard work etc..how can I complain.

My Nov goals are to still continue to track and be accountable on here.

Cbabie
  • TeresaW1020
    @mswatson0777 Ohh my goodness that is so scary for you and for your poor doggy! I am very glad that he is OK. I totally understand how your dogs are your babies. My Maggie Mae has my DH and I totally wrapped around her little paws. You are a good dog mama! <3 I’m glad that you had a fun Halloween night.

@theslightedgeforever Yum, PB French toast!! <3 Thanks, I have tried to be a good influence on my mom. I was truly worried about her health when she moved in last March. There are still things I wish she would do but I’ll take what I can get out of her. Yayyy for almost making your October weight goal!!

@trooworld Your Halloween night sounds like tons of fun and the food sounds amazing! I’m glad that your bed is fixed and that you and DH don’t have to race to see who gets it. Fingers crossed it doesn’t collapse! :grin:

@cbabie How is baby handling the new time change? Do you all do the time change? Fingers crossed for you to have a good weigh-in. :)

Hi everyone! It’s almost the end of the day and it’s been a long one. This morning I had a happy surprise by seeing another low number on the scale. It looks like my new plan is really agreeing with me and I plan to keep it up. :grin: Church this morning was great and then on the way home DH and I saw that our little local brewery was having a classic car show. So, we had a quick lunch and then went over and had a beer and walked around looking at all the amazing cars. My dream 1965 Mustang was there, which ironically was the car that my first boyfriend drove. DH didn’t seem too impressed with my stories of our backseat make-out sessions. :D Speaking of, I better go hang out with him before he falls asleep on the sofa. This time change thing messes with him much more than it does me.

My November Goals:
    1) Continue on the MADF (modified alternate day fasting) eating plan. I will also continue to keep my 500 calorie meal Keto so that I don't raise insulin more than I need to.
    2) Workout 6 days a week
    3) Drink at least 96 oz. of water a day.
    4) Have grace if I stumble, as well as the determination to get right back on plan the next day.
  • theslightedgeforever
    @trooworld I got 25% I had to go look up that Muhamarra dip. I love dips. I just learned I like baba ghanoush I've been making it at home but substituting summer squash for the eggplant for a different taste. It's good on toast with some chopped up eggs in it. One way to get me to eat vegetables. Yaaaay on your bed. A good night's sleep always helps to make good choices. I actually had to go back and see what I was supposed to add to my app. It's only been a day but I literally forget when I read replies from you all what I was talking about. lol It has been added to my app now so I'll see it everyday. I saw a lady at the grocery store in a Dorothy Wizard of Oz dress. I kept looking around Toto. :D The whole time I was walking behind her I kept thinking is that a costume or does she just like dressing like that. I mean Halloween was over. Rick James. lol Although I do like me some Rick James. My Jeopardy team is called Queens of Hearts. We usually wear a big red heart on our cheek. I want to go buy some crowns for next time.

@mswatson0777 Did you figure out some November goals? An election night party. That sounds interesting although I think alot of booze might be in order. lol

@stephtra49 Your goals sound good. What is your ultimate weight goal? Share with us your favorite keto recipe. I'm always looking for new things to fix.

@cbabie But you tracked part of the day and that is an improvement on what you used to do. Count your small wins. We will help you stay accountable. Yeah, I'm okay now when hubby retires. God threw the dress rehearsal at me. I thought it would be a constant "what are we doing today". Now I've trained him that I will make breakfast once I've had my workout and I sit outside for awhile enjoying nature and a book. He's learned that he can make a bowl of cereal if he gets hungry before then. Plus I don't do lunch. Feel free to grab whatever is in the house and if it's not to your liking, you have money and a car and a GPS to help you find the grocery store. But I will cook a nice dinner.

@teresaw1020 Yaaaay on the low number. Your plan is working. Woohoo! I love classic car shows. HA on the Mustang. Your November goals look good.

Green- Went Over 253/238
    Intentional movement: rest day
    8 zone minutes minus 2 for inactivity 6/8

November goals:
    Green dot day :(
    Drink 6 glasses of water :|
    Burn 300 calories***
    Preplan food :(
    Thursdays: Reduce amount of French Toast and add Apple Walnut Parfait

• trooworld
    @mswatson0777 It was stupid, but entertaining I guess? I'd say it might be worth watching if you want to laugh at a dumb type horror movie. The advertisements make it seem like Laverne Cox is the star of the movie but she's really only in it for about 5 minutes lol. The real star of it is Vanessa Williams. I'm glad my hubby took it over, too, I had too much to do that day lol. It was a fun night, I needed a fun night after all these nights of isolation and doing nothing! :) Your Halloween sounded fun, too!

@stephtra49 You are doing great! WTG!

@cbabie I hope you had a better night last night. ((( SKINNY VIBES ))) for your weigh-in today, friend! My hubby looked hilarious. I wish I could post the picture we took! :D Good November goals, you did well in October.

@TeresaW1020 Thanks, it was a lot of fun Saturday. 2 nights, no collapse lol! Yay for a low number on the scale. lol...I wonder why your hubby wasn't impressed by your steamy stories? ;) That sounds fun to walk around a car show. You have good November goals.

@theslightedgeforever What happened with your 25%? I got 50% so I wasn't much better lol. Below is a picture of my Muhamarra dip. It was so good. Here's the recipe, if you are curious: https://www.gimmesomeoven.com/muhamarra/ It's my new favorite dip. Baba ghanoush is so yummy, too. That's interesting to substitute summer squash. I might have to try that. I forget things, too. I have to email myself while I am reading the posts lol. That lady definitely needed a little Toto. You saw her on November 1st like that? That's strange. I like me some Rick James, too, although he was a strange fellow. You definitely need to wear a crown, I think you need to wear a crown.

Hi all. Well, I had kind of a nice day yesterday. It was nice weather and I went for the morning walk with the husband and the dog and then we had a healthy breakfast and took a nap. After I dropped my husband off at his brother's, I meal prepped one meal for one day this week. It's only one meal but it will help. We had something good for dinner last night, Goddess Curry Chicken Salad on croissants. The chicken salad has spices including curry powder, onion and garlic powders, golden raisins, and pistachios. It was really delicious. I didn't add the olive oil but did add a little mayo. Here's the recipe, if you are interested: https://pinchofyum.com/curry-chicken-salad#tasty-recipes-38881 And finally, here is a picture of my dip from Saturday night that was so good, it's called Muhamarra. It's made from roasted red peppers, walnuts, pomegranate molasses, and some other stuff. Sooooooo good!

COMMITTED.
    Goals for Nov 1-Nov 7:

6lvhbg8fd700.jpg
  • TeresaW1020
    @theslightedgeforever Maybe Dorothy paid a lot of money for that costume and isn’t ready to pack it up. :D

@trooworld Yum on the curry chicken! I love to curry anything but never make it very often. I need to fix that issue. I just Googled Muhamarra and that looks amazing too!! Where do you find pomegranate molasses? You are such a good cook. :)

Good morning! Well, the time change had me up at 6 am. I had my coffee, did a good workout, cleaned the kitchen, and went to Aldis. It’s cold here and I was freezing inside the store. It was the first time that I actually appreciated wearing my mask. :D OK, I’m going to get my floors soon and then work on my puzzle. Today is my 500 calorie meal day and I need to stay busy. ;)
  • cbabie
    Morning all, I just got back from my walk. My fitbit tab to change screens broke...so I couldn't get to the exercise screen..but my phone says I walked a little over a mile. I have been tracking, so that's improving. Baby slept better last night, but I am up and down up and down. I think thats a sign of old age. NOT>>>>>>I will always be young in my mind. Well the scale was down...a WEEE bit. I went down .6 lb. I am taking it!! LOL

@trooworld I am not a dip kind of person..but yours looks good. You day yesterday sounded so relaxing...

@TeresaW1020 My DH and I used to love car shows..he still does..I say I would rather read a book. LOL. We don't change time zones. We stay the same. Its nice..I just have to remember everyone else does. You are right about what you are doing..so keep doing it.

@theslightedgeforever That sounded just like mom...you know she hated the kitchen anyway..so her and dads routine worked out. LOL I had to reread you post that says (Intentional movement: rest day). I thought it said international movement: Rest day...I thought what kind of movement is that , never heard of them. LOL

Cbabie