WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR NOVEMBER 2020

Replies

• pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,492 Member
    Q
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,326 Member
    Katla - remember, that's 160 meals for one day. And they serve 5 days/week. So, that's 800 meals/week (give or take, some days it's more, some days it's less). So, one piece of candy certainly won't hurt.

Michele NC
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,901 Member
    :) One of my line dance friends asked me if I'd consider teaching a line dance class in her garage to a small group. She has been teaching folk dance there for a few months. I thanked her for wanting to dance with me again but told her that I am not doing anything with other people that is not essential (groceries, post office, doctor).

:) I am only about 30 rows away from finishing another knitted blanket for Project Linus. If I watch enough TV in the next few days, I'll have it ready to deliver on Wednesday which is the day the nearby drop off place is open. The woman who chairs the local chapter is such a hard worker and so positive and cheerful that I love the opportunity to talk to her. They are hoping to have 300 blankets to deliver in early December.

:) My walk with my friend this morning went well. We had a great conversation about the genealogy project she's doing for her uncle.

:) We watched another episode of the new season of the Great British Baking Show. The whole cast is so much fun to watch. I love that they compete for the glory and the baking and not for a big cash prize....and they are all so creative.

<3 Barbie in NW WA

• Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    🦆
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,492 Member
    W
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,799 Member
    We had one person walking down the street the other day wish us Happy Halloween. I'd forgotten about it and was so surprised I just managed "Yeah you too".

Onward into the last month of spring and we are having some lovely weather. ☺

M in Oz
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,183 Member
    Awake at 4 am. So much going on in the UK and the world. I think my head wouldn't settle, though I wasn't anxious as such.
    Eventually I gave in and did my Duolingo German and an Easy German video on What Are Your Weaknesses? Great fun! :D

I'm going to the hairdresser today after lunch for a quick trim before lockdown starts on Thursday. I am washing it myself beforehand to keep it quick. Rough partial dry. They wear masks and visors, use temperature guns and have hand washing and sanitizer. Perspex screens everywhere. Feel so sorry for them that they have to shut again.

DH also wakeful with aches and pains. The weather has been absolutely atrocious and is still blowing a gale. He hasn't been able to get out for his usual walks by the sea. Upstairs, where I retreat to, it sounds like a ship in a storm. I haven't run for over a week.

Otherwise, we are counting our blessings. Which are many. <3

Now for breakfast. :D DH makes us homemade muesli with fresh fruit salad (lots of berries) every morning. :)

Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx
  • Machka9
    Machka9 wrote: »
    New Ways November
    https://www.actionforhappiness.org/new-ways-november

"Covid is restricting our lives, but we can find new ways to keep making progress. Trying out new things can actually boost our well-being. When we open up to new ideas, it helps us stay curious and engaged. It can also bring a sense of accomplishment and help to boost our self-confidence and resilience. There are so many ways to learn new things and this month we're encouraging everyone to find new and creative ways to overcome our frustrating situations."

gbdg2db70vgy.png

Monday 2 November

dpkcezwylr0w.png

M in Oz
  • Katla49
    Machka- So far our weather bas been beautiful, too. 😎
  • Katla49
    <3
  • auntiebk
    auntiebk Posts: 2,481 Member
    edited November 2020
    "Get to do"s and "chose well"s
    Chose well: livestream church, dogs to powerline, STAS challenge Day 3, watched Day 4 video, completed fire district best practices survey.
    Bonus: one load laundry, transplanted 3 salvaged violas, vacuumed and cleaned 40 mins each.
    Get to do: submit grant pics and receipts, call credit union with questions, finish IRA w/d form, call bank about missing credit card statement, call eye center pay by phone, post office, bank deposit, Curry Pilot, STAS challenge catchup, firehall for postings and minutes to history, fast for tomorrow's blood work, take pics of car, test Bluetooth speaker so can do BB&B or T’ai Chi from voice recordings, make experimental almond paste, declutter sideboard, practice new dances (Nothing but You, Shake it like that, Larger than Life, Here I Go Again/Mama Mia, Real Deal, Get it Right); prep potato area and raised beds for beets, carrots, parsley root, parsnips, radishes and sow; weed drive again, finish weeding flower bed, mulch flowerbed; invest another 10 minutes in prepping living trust, Freddie’s for complete series TDAP <$48, get Shingrix vaccine, find and configure a screen time popup. figure out where to plant naked lady bulbs, Tuesday: bloodwork, call Progressive adjustor, shop for part D. Reward: inventory seeds, plan fall cool season garden, order replenishments
    New Ways November
    2: respond to a difficult situation in a new way: PRACTICE trying gentle humor instead of annoyance, compassion instead of judgement.

Kate think of you every day as I try to balance on one foot while brushing my teeth. Seems like my electric toothbrush is slowing down, 2 minutes can’t be that long! :laugh:
    Welcome Patti in Ok! Even baby steps are positive actions you are taking for yourself. Good job.
    Lanette “convince the dogs they are on a new feeding schedule” :noway: The Princess is not amused. :laugh:
    KJ likewise think of you every day, when I wring out the sponge Joe left soaking on the sideboard. ;)
    Fae welcome to the 70s! With respect, I think it’s too soon to know all about Covid-19’s source and future. Sorry your friend wasn’t able to help you celebrate your birthday. Hope you two can meet up some other time, that restaurant sounds very appealing.
    Weclome back Luci in WNC. Good to see you again!
    Flea ((hugs)) precious time, but so very hard.
    Katla give the candy to the food bank. Food insecure people need treats too!
    Margaret :brokenheart: (hugs) :heart:
    Tracey SMH at that doctor. To me, the decision should be for the patient to make, it is their risk either way.
    Michele, you reminded me of the trophy I won at one of our company's bonding/bowling events. I was... "The Most Atrocious Bowler." :laugh:

Lighter, lovelies!

f8qt1s098sxm.gifBarbara, the Southern Oregon Coastie AHMOD
    November: better than October.
    daily: sit with Joe: 1, weigh: 1, steps>5491=4443 vits=1 log=1 CI<CO=1 CI<250<CO=1 Tumble & Shadow 5=2 mfp=1 outside=1 up hill=1
    wkly: T’ai Chi or BB&B x3=0 rx=0 dance=0 clean 30 mins=2.5
    mnthly: board mtg=0 grant=0 20for20=0
    bonus: AF=0 play=0 sew=0
  • Machka9
    exermom wrote: »
    The thing that really s***s about this whole pandemic thing is that kids won’t get to sit on Santa’s lap.

I've never visited Santa and have never sat on Santa's lap. I didn't even know who/what Santa was until I was about 6, in school.

I've often thought that in this day and age, sitting on Santa's lap should become a thing of the past. I find the idea of children sitting on some old guy's lap kind of creepy.

Instead, the shops around here are planning a distanced Santa event for kids which is probably more appropriate anyway.

exermom wrote: »
    q1g4kjwtvmzf.jpg

Nice puzzle!

M in Oz

• spikeyhair
    spikeyhair Posts: 2,078 Member
    MICHELLE love the puzzle I’m struggling with a butterfly puzzle, can’t even complete the edges which is where I always start. To be fair started it when I broke my wrist but couldn’t concentrate so only just got back to it.
    Took part in a zoom session last night, bit strange but managed, have another on Wed a knitting 🧶 group I miss the face to face though.
    Haircut tomorrow before lockdown

Stay safe

Kate UK ❤️
  • okiewoman510
    okiewoman510 Posts: 1,286 Member
    Morning Ladies -

Trick or Treaters - We had 8. Normally we have 25 or so.

Katla - Donate the extra candy to the food bank. Food insecure people enjoy treats as much as anyone.

I am venturing outside my bubble this morning for a haircut. I haven't had one since lockdown happened in March. I have below my shoulder length curly hair so I just threw it up in a ponytail most of the time. It has reached the point of so much frizz on the icky ends I can't hide it with product so I am venturing out. I am hoping they don't lock things down again here, but if they do, I will have a haircut done that will last me several months if it needs to.

Okie in the TX Hill Country
  • LisaInAR
    LisaInAR Posts: 2,020 Member
    edited November 2020
    Betsy
    Always glad to see you!

Machka

I think I said it, but many congratulations on your accomplishment in finishing your degree—and dropping some of your other responsibilities. You deserve breathing space and to make the summer one that is wholly enjoyable!

Barbara AHMOD
    Glad Joe’s feeling better. Hope it doesn't mean TOO much work for you afterward...
    :)

Michele
    Hope your down mood has lifted and you're back to your usual busy self.

Kate UK
    The Zoom sessions sound like fun, hope you’re enjoying them.

@363days – Patti in Oklahoma
    Welcome to the group!

Fae
    Happy belated birthday!

LuciB
    So good to see you pop in! Hope you stay, no worries about keeping up with everything.

Evelyn, Vancouver
    Clocks have not been my friend late, either.

Flea

Well done on the weight loss in a stressful time! My best friend had to move her Hawaii trip either three or four times due to COVID, then caught COVID, which delayed things as well (she seems to be fine so far). Her daughter and son-in-law live there, so for her, it’s family.

KJ (Kelly)
    Love the plan… but I overwhelm quickly, and my head would have exploded before I got it all that written down. It's only been like that the last five years, though. I used to love them!

Katla
    I agree with the chorus of “donate the candy to a food bank.” While they will get a ton of it this year, it keeps, and with candy individually wrapped, can be easily slipped into what they give folks in small amounts.

Margaret

John’s marker is so lovely. So glad you have Drew to love…

Heather

Your before and afters are always inspirational, and your smile just glows now.

Tracey
    Love the Halloween pics of the kids!

Terri
    Your hair looks good long or short!

Regarding the Santa thing, I remember nothing about Santa until I was up around age six, as well – when my mother said we could write a letter to Santa, and after she made sure the spelling was right, would put it in the fire, and the smoke would go straight to the North Pole. She was quite creative. Never sat on Santa's lap until my sister and I were grown, and gave the picture to our mother as a gift that Christmas. Santa looked a little stressed, though.
    :smiley:

Still jet lagging on the time change. Egg, however, came in the bedroom yelling at 3:30 clock time (I’m usually up by 4:30 a.m.) Hard to sleep when a cat is sitting on your chest saying, “Mommmmmm” and didn’t want her to wake Corey, so I got up and obliged the request. Probably not a good precedent to set.

Regarding hair, I lost at least a quarter of my hair mass, and possibly half of it during the last months, and hadn't gotten it cut for a year, so it what was left hitting my collar bones. Didn't look like me, didn't feel like me, and the mirror showed a horribly old woman with wispy, horrible hair. So even though I said I wouldn't, went and got my usual short cut. Instant pick-me-up.

On the rest, there were so many days when I couldn't eat last month, but for the last couple weeks, the appetite came roaring back, as has some of the weight. The fatigue is slowly, slowly getting better, but my ability to move has not come back as fast as I want it to. After a few steps, it's much like trying to walk through water, with the whole world trying to slow you down. I did inch my steps over 4,000 a day yesterday for the first time in a long time, but it's all too incremental and very little calorie burn yet.

But, I'm back to counting, being mindful. I'd still rather have a few pounds back on than go back to last month, but if I can get them off or prevent getting more back, that would be good.

Later, y'all,
    Love, Lisa
  • Faetta
    Faetta Posts: 1,059 Member
    Even though I wore leggings for patio Fae She, I have decided to discontinue this ritual until spring. Eye appointment today for checking pressures after 3 days of not using drops. This will evaluate the laser treatment. The drops cause me sinus problems. Sniffling and a runny nose is almost a crime these days and can lead to solitary confinement. The doc will also review the glaucoma test results. He always ends his assessments with, "remember to eat your greens, beans," and I forget the third one that rhymed with greens and beans.

Fae not enjoying the cold

• linder4866
    linder4866 Posts: 11,068 Member
    ❤️❤️
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,022 Member
    ☘️