Food, Exercise, or other Reports

1303132333436»

Replies

• bmeadows380
    bmeadows380 Posts: 2,981 Member
    walking backwards is a recipe for disaster lol

There's been some change up to the diet because of the cold temps and next week will be a change due to the camping trip. it is easy to get into a rut; I realized the other day its had been months since I'd had meatloaf!
  • conniewilkins56
    conniewilkins56 Posts: 3,391 Member
    I didn’t mean to WALK backwards lol....I meant go the opposite direction!....
  • eliezalot
    eliezalot Posts: 620 Member
    I went for another run today (W2D1 of C25K), and my foot still feels okay! I'm so, so happy/relieved/excited!

I've really missed running. It is a combination of the exercise (helps my anxiety almost more than anything else), the outdoors, and the quiet me-time in the mornings that always puts me in a good mood. It has been foggy every morning this week, especially down by the river trail where I run, and I think dark fog is my new favorite running weather. It is so quiet, and private, and mysterious. I've been actually waking up earlier just so I can spend more time walking around in it before the sun comes up. :lol:

I'm anxious to get back to some longer distances, but want to be super cautious to not upset my foot again. I'm really not sure how slow to take it. I don't think I need to fully re-do C25K from start to finish, but I know I can't jump back into running an hour again either. So far I've done a new "week" of c25k for each run (w1d1, w2d1) and think I'll continue like this and see how it goes.
  • eliezalot
    eliezalot Posts: 620 Member
    Hahaha back below 200 (again). I do think a good many of these 10 lbs are water weight, but I also am pretty sure that at least 3-4 (maybe even 5) is fat. Oh well. It sure feels good to be back to my normal food routine.

Breakfast: One slice of sourdough toast, topped with half an avocado and a hard boiled egg. Sprinkled with coarse salt and fresh ground pepper. Coffee. Ready in 5 minutes, feels gourmet.

Lunch: Something fast and easy. Today will be leftovers that I am extremely excited for.

Dinner: A friend mentioned alfredo with broccoli the other day, and I've been craving it ever since. I made this lighter alfredo recipe last night: https://www.gimmesomeoven.com/skinny-fettuccine-alfredo-recipe/. I mean, a true alfredo with cream and butter is always better, but this definitely served its purpose. I'd make it again. I roasted up some broccoli, and then sauteed onions, red peppers, zucchini, and spinach. Mixed them all in with the pasta (cut down pasta to 8 oz) and sauce. It was everything that I've been craving, the flavors and veggies were fabulous, and it clocked in around 500 calories when all was said and done.

Work has been super busy this week (I basically have 2 full-time projects that overlap this week), so I haven't had time to go for another run. I've been getting up early still (5:30-ish), but that's only so I can work for an extra few hours before the regular workday begins lolol. I worked from 6 am - midnight last night (with a long 2-3 hour supper break). Fortunately, the end is in sight. I only have to survive a few more days of this (I hope) before things go back to normal.
  • bmeadows380
    bmeadows380 Posts: 2,981 Member
    I'm back but don't have a whole lot of time to respond much right now.

The camping trip went well; I'm actually a little hoarse today from all the talking we did! The cold didn't bother me; I just put on warm fleece underneath the jeans and a t-shirt under a sweatshirt and jacket and I was fine. I didn't need the propane heater much at all. I enjoyed the time with the friend and getting away and totally forgetting about work for a few days.

Of course, the stress was waiting for me when I got home, starting this morning. And during the camping trip, I got absolutely no exercise in at all; no walks period, so the only activity was what I was doing around camp. Unfortunately, eating resistance was non-existent and having no food scale or body weight scale, I went over and big time. Old snacking habits are still there even after 3 years. *sigh*

Of course, getting back home, guilt has set in on the over eating, and the scale this morning was horrible: 231.5 lbs. I could almost cry seeing that; I'm up 14 lbs from the first of October and my lowest scale weight. There is no way that is all water, knowing how badly I've been on the over eating and lack of activity all month.

There's a set of verses in the Bible that talks about how wretched a person the writer Paul feels because what he knows he should be doing, he doesn't, but the things he doesn't want to do, that's what he finds himself doing - those are my life verses, I swear!

I swore to myself I was just going to fast today and not eat anything, but I know that's not really the right answer. Besides, I came in to find that I'm going to have to make a trip to one of the service centers today to pick up a monitor because I need one down here pronto, and I know I won't be able to keep from eating out. But I did skip breakfast other than milk in my coffee. Otherwise, I really need a new game plan apparently.
  • conniewilkins56
    How can you get the most accurate number for the amount of calories you burn exercising?....I never eat 100% of my burned calories because their is no way MFP number are actually right...I usually eat 25% of them back....this week I lowered my weight loss from 2 lbs a week ( which only gives me 1200 calories a day ) to 1.5 lb a week that gives me 1400 calories a day....I am going to try to get by without eating my exercise calories unless I am really hungry....I am still sedentary but daily steps have increased from about 1700 (May, 2019 ) to about 4200 a day now just from being more mobile....
  • conniewilkins56
    When I was set to lose 2 lbs a week and I ate back 25% of my exercise calories I was eating around 1500 calories a day...so will I lose more weight now, or is this not enough calories?