Myfitnesspal

Message Boards Chit-Chat
You are currently viewing the message boards in:

Little things that irk you 🤬

Replies

• glassyoglassyo Member Posts: 5,332 Member Member Posts: 5,332 Member
    glassyo wrote: »
    So I got yelled at yesterday while minding my own business getting the mail at work. My mask had slipped down over my nose and all of a sudden this woman comes up behind me and starts yelling about my mask and how she has cancer. I was like, "it JUST happened!" and defending myself while walking back to my office.

Why am I irked? Because after this encounter I came up with all the reasons yelling at me was unnecessary and out of line and, of course, now I can't lecture her on why she didn't need to be such a *kitten*.

People are very stressed right now, which is leading to a lot of misplaced anger. If she really does have cancer, she's probably more on edge than the rest of us. I'm giving people the benefit of the doubt these days. No, you didn't deserve to be yelled at, but you also don't know what is going on in this woman's life.

I wouldn't normally have that opinion. In "normal times" I'd agree this woman was being a "kitten" and should mind her own business. But right now, there's too much anxiety in the general population, and that's going to come out sometimes.

I get misplaced anger. I don't get letting myself be a punching bag because of it. I'm sorry she has cancer but I would have more sympathy if she hadn't come out of the gate yelling at me. Not to mention she was standing awfully close while yelling. All that misplaced anger must have made her forget to social distance. Since I'm not psychic and she had ample room to walk around me, I don't feel bad for wanting to set her straight...in my after incident fantasies.

• MaltedTeaMaltedTea Member, Premium Posts: 5,624 Member Member, Premium Posts: 5,624 Member
    When people review a book and give it a poor review based solely on their political disposition as opposed to actually reading the book and trying to delve into the author's mindset.

In this instance; it's a non-fiction book about a certain subset of American folk and the life that the author had growing up (very different than where he is nowadays).

Yes and similar to this, I don't get giving poor/negative reviews for accounts of people's lives, generally. Books, movies or other media. Documentary or fictionalized.

Like, you disapprove of their life, the sharing of their perspective or...? It potentially points to a concerning range of intolerance and inflexibility to me 🤷🏿‍♀️
  • sweet_ermengardesweet_ermengarde Member Posts: 1,296 Member Member Posts: 1,296 Member
    MaltedTea wrote: »
    When people review a book and give it a poor review based solely on their political disposition as opposed to actually reading the book and trying to delve into the author's mindset.

In this instance; it's a non-fiction book about a certain subset of American folk and the life that the author had growing up (very different than where he is nowadays).

Yes and similar to this, I don't get giving poor/negative reviews for accounts of people's lives, generally. Books, movies or other media. Documentary or fictionalized.

Like, you disapprove of their life, the sharing of their perspective or...? It potentially points to a concerning range of intolerance and inflexibility to me 🤷🏿‍♀️

also when people on recipe sites give a recipe a bad review and are like “i subbed out three ingredients for what i had on hand and it was terrible! 2/5 stars” like wtf is that
  • KosmosKittenKosmosKitten Member Posts: 9,999 Member Member Posts: 9,999 Member

also when people on recipe sites give a recipe a bad review and are like “i subbed out three ingredients for what i had on hand and it was terrible! 2/5 stars” like wtf is that

This always makes me chuckle when I read it on a recipe I want to try. Like why bother commenting that you tried it at all when you subbed out half the recipe for other things??
  • KosmosKittenKosmosKitten Member Posts: 9,999 Member Member Posts: 9,999 Member

Pretty much. What's even more odd is that this guy even admitted upfront that because it was a memoir of sorts about his childhood (he was only 31 when the book was published), there were probably parts that were inaccurately portrayed or glossed over because as we get older, we forget certain things, embellish others and otherwise alter memories. That's just what all humans do. He ended up having his sister proofread and go over it since she was slightly older and might have recalled things a bit differently.

But again, he was upfront that the book while as true as he could recall, might still be flawed as human memory is fleeting at best.
    Why isn't my Halloween candy on sale at Target yet? I mean, I can still buy my mini baby ruths but I'd rather not pay $15.99 for them.

And speaking of Target, when did most of their sale items become "with one day shipping"? Don't you pay extra for that privilege? What's the point? 😀
  • slimgirljo15slimgirljo15 Member, Premium Posts: 261,239 Member Member, Premium Posts: 261,239 Member
    Feeling like I have an eyelash in my eye but can't see anything 😤
  • stevehenderson776stevehenderson776 Member Posts: 324 Member Member Posts: 324 Member

Ive got an eye wash station in my garage for just such occasions. Well, technically it's for washing chemicals out, but it's used for getting shmutz out of my eyes much more often.
  • J_NY_ZJ_NY_Z Member Posts: 2,228 Member Member Posts: 2,228 Member
    What really irks me is a political response to a non political question.
    When spotify says watch this video for 30 mins of ad free content but It's only like 10
  • slimgirljo15slimgirljo15 Member, Premium Posts: 261,239 Member Member, Premium Posts: 261,239 Member

Ive got an eye wash station in my garage for just such occasions. Well, technically it's for washing chemicals out, but it's used for getting shmutz out of my eyes much more often.

Hmm never heard of such a thing.. Ill look that up. The worst of it is I know there is something there but I can't see it.. Im trying hard not to rub it.
  • PAPYRUS3PAPYRUS3 Member Posts: 9,674 Member Member Posts: 9,674 Member
    Going through a coffee drive through and they totally screw up your coffee order
  • Diatonic12Diatonic12 Member Posts: 32,351 Member Member Posts: 32,351 Member
    @slimgirljo15 Steve is smart with that eyewash station, most construction/maintenance/welding/mechancial/electrical places have them. Go stand in the shower if you haven't already. Don't rub your eyeballs.
    Diatonic12 wrote: »
    @slimgirljo15 Steve is smart with that eyewash station, most construction/maintenance/welding/mechancial/electrical places have them. Go stand in the shower if you haven't already. Don't rub your eyeballs.

Its settled down now, I think what happened is I got sunscreen in it without realising.. irritated it. It feels much better.
  • ReenieHJReenieHJ Member Posts: 7,051 Member Member Posts: 7,051 Member

Hmm never heard of such a thing.. Ill look that up. The worst of it is I know there is something there but I can't see it.. Im trying hard not to rub it.

How does it feel today? My mom always told me to pull the upper lid down over the lower lid. While I hated doing it, it did sometimes work. I wonder if you somehow scratched your eyeball?
    Hope it feels better soon. Eyeball irritation can be mighty irritating.
    ETA: just saw your latest update, so hopefully it's good today too. :)
    edited November 2020
  • CacoEtherCacoEther Member Posts: 2,465 Member Member Posts: 2,465 Member
    When I’m wrongfully accused of being helpful 😤
  • MotorsheenMotorsheen Member Posts: 19,937 Member Member Posts: 19,937 Member
    CacoEther wrote: »

..... like that ever happens.
  • CacoEtherCacoEther Member Posts: 2,465 Member Member Posts: 2,465 Member
    Motorsheen wrote: »
    CacoEther wrote: »

..... like that ever happens.

I try to make doubly sure that it doesn’t