Random Thought For the Day

Replies

• steph6556
    steph6556 Posts: 575 Member
    Diatonic12 wrote: »
    steph6556 wrote: »
    Is it weird that I want to be that American hostage in some God forsaken country that gets saved by a team of smoking hot navy seals? Is that wrong? 😏

Steph, I was rescued by the fire department and every handsome sonuva gun showed UP. It was the one of the best days of my life. The treatment was first class. I blew my shower up by mixing draino and something else that was down there that I was not aware of. Anyhoo, I blew it straight to smithereens. The basement was smoking and the chemical vapors found their way upstairs and out the door. It was a chemical sheetstorm. It could've been of the end of me but sigh and alas it wasn't my time to go. The firemen memories will stay with me forever.

This isn’t funny but the way you tell it has me chuckling like mad! There’s something about these men with their tight bods and form fitting costumes, saving the day! Delish!

• ReenieHJ
    ReenieHJ Posts: 9,724 Member
    It's amazing, to me, to think my older sister was only 3 1/2 months old the last time we had a full moon on Halloween. And our mom would've been a young first time mom.
  • mommabear4315
    mommabear4315 Posts: 3,424 Member
    Shine bright like a diamond...
  • PlentyofProtein00
    PlentyofProtein00 Posts: 3,570 Member
    I'm spooked...why do I do this to myself????
  • Diatonic12
    Diatonic12 Posts: 32,344 Member
    It's November 1, 2020. When you look at that doesn't it just blow your mind. We're almost coming to an end of one of the biggest dumpster fire years we've seen in quite awhile.
  • honeybee__12
    honeybee__12 Posts: 15,688 Member
    s0ez7qsv9d0u.jpeg
  • Miz_Owl
    Miz_Owl Posts: 3,026 Member
    Covid-19 has put such a strain on people this year , that suicides & drug overdose is on the rise .
    Please if you are hurting .
    Help is available
    National Suicide Prevention Lifeline .
  • kinetixtrainer2
    kinetixtrainer2 Posts: 9,062 Member
    JessBbody wrote: »
    ^^

There was a piece on the CBS Sunday Morning show today that said 53% of Americans report that Covid has affected their mental health and that prescriptions for anti depressants have gone up 14%.

I'm very glad that this situation is putting the spotlight on mental health, but saddened that many people are suffering.

Agreed, health anxiety can be awful.
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,493 Member
    Miz_Owl wrote: »
    Covid-19 has put such a strain on people this year , that suicides & drug overdose is on the rise .
    Please if you are hurting .
    Help is available
    National Suicide Prevention Lifeline .

It seems that the government attention towards Covid is myopic and their collective concerns are only of the virus.

By combining their extraordinary hubris & selfish politics, a lot of mental health suffering has been ignored. I've seen it firsthand.

It makes perfect sense tho'; there's no paycheck in it for a politician when it comes to tackling mental health issues.

...... and for the record, this post isn't taking a shot at any one particular individual or political party.

• honeybee__12
    I think I’ll just sleep until Wednesday. ~~
  • yukfoo
    yukfoo Posts: 871 Member
    edited November 2020
    My procrastinator's meeting was postponed 'til Wednesday...or maybe Thursday. Sometime this week for sure.
  • ReenieHJ
    ReenieHJ Posts: 9,724 Member
    I thought robins were smarter than this; hardly ever do they stick around here in the northeast but I saw about 8 of them yesterday, and many looked like they were carrying eggs. How do baby birds survive in brutally cold weather. :(
  • Miz_Owl
    Miz_Owl Posts: 3,026 Member
    1bwsc3n8blc4.jpeg
  • jamloche
    jamloche Posts: 109 Member
    If life gives you lemons, smile politely and then throw them in the trash when life isn't looking.

Maybe I should have posted this on the introvert thread ...
  • vanityy99
    vanityy99 Posts: 2,583 Member
    sjr35fgeg51a.gif
  • yukfoo
    yukfoo Posts: 871 Member
    Hmmm. note to self for new business idea...

Hair club for bald eagles?
  • honeybee__12
    os6ypzn9kqgw.jpeg
  • Diatonic12
    Diatonic12 Posts: 32,344 Member
    Follow your heart but take your brain with you.