NON WW & WW NEWBIES, OUR NEW LIFE, THE START OF SOMETHING WONDERFUL

Replies

• mswatson0777
    mswatson0777 Posts: 290 Member
    @stephtra49 Congrats on the loss, way to go!

@cbabie Bummer on your fitbit breaking, but congrats on the loss. That's awesome!

@TeresaW1020 Congrats on the loss! It sounds like you and your husband had a blast at the car show, what fun! And it sounds like you definitely made use of the extra time with daylight savings, I just slept lol

@trooworld I agree, we definitely needed some fun nights to mix things up. Those recipes look fabulous, thank you for sharing!

@theslightedgeforever Oh there will definitely be a lot of booze involved. I'm not even going to bother tracking because I'm counting it as a "special occasion". My November goals are to track every day and lose 1-2lbs over the month.

Happy Monday all! I am back in quarantine since another one of my coworkers tested positive (surprise, surprise). I don't have any symptoms and I haven't been in a room with them since last Tuesday so I'm likely in the clear but I got tested just in case.

Quarantine makes it hard to stay motivated food-wise since I'm next to the kitchen all day. Luckily my house is empty of junk food (and I plan on keeping it that way!) so any snacking I do will be on the healthy stuff.

My dog is doing MUCH better which makes me happy. He's basically back to his usual naughty energetic self. We did TWO walks yesterday and probably will do an extra long one today too.

Hope you all had great days!

• stephtra49
    stephtra49 Posts: 168 Member
    I had a GREAT DAY! Didn’t cheat at all, stayed just under my calorie intake goal, drank all my water & came close to my steps goal. Well I’m going to relax & get ready for tomorrow! Hope you all had a GREAT DAY too!
  • theslightedgeforever
    theslightedgeforever Posts: 2,196 Member
    @trooworld I got 80% today. Yesterday, It was a rest day so no water for the early morning. I was out from 9-1 and no water then. I didn't start water til about 4 oclock or so which just when I took my meds. Bad day all around. You did really good getting in a walk and a healthy breakfast. Yes on November 1. Maybe she just likes that style of dress. It was blue gingham though. No ruby slippers. lol Ooh, I think I would like that curry chicken salad too. I like all of the ingredients.

@teresaw1020 Yaaay on your workout and being a busy little bee in the morning. Too funny on Dorothy. Possibly. Maybe I just had Wizard of Oz on the brain because it was my final Jeopardy question and I saw a lady and say Dorothy. lol Does the mask still fog up your glasses in the wintertime? I know you didn't like that before.

@cbabie Yaaaay on your weight loss. Anything down is a good thing. Just think of dips as a thicker smoothie or protein shake. Tell your dh you want a new fitbit for your birthday. Or buy one and tell him he bought you a fitbit for your birthday. Cyber Monday is coming soon. International Movement: Rest Day. You know I would totally start that. Cooking: I hate spending longer in the kitchen cooking food than it takes for them to eat it. But I'll be a good wife and mom one time a day. I'm training them to survive without me if I go first. ;) Of course they will never find anything but.....

Yellow- Stayed OP 163/164
    Intentional movement: 33 minute walk
    20 zone minutes minus 3 for inactivity 5/8

November goals:
    Green dot day o:)
    Drink 6 glasses of water :|
    Burn 300 calories :|
    Preplan food :(
    Thursdays: Reduce amount of French Toast and add Apple Walnut Parfait
  • trooworld
    trooworld Posts: 5,788 Member
    @TeresaW1020 Yes, that curry chicken was amazing! You do need to fix it. Girl, why did you need to Google the Muhamarra when I posted a picture of it lol? The pomegranate molasses I found at a local international market but I see Amazon sells a bunch of different kinds. Aw, thanks! I try! Yeah, that's the good thing about wearing a mask, it keeps you warm. ;)

@cbabie That's a bummer that broke but at least you can check on your phone still. WTG, walking a mile! You are doing great with tracking, keep it up. And the scale is going in the right direction, woo hoo! My day was relaxing and the dip was good!

@mswatson0777 You are welcome! That's good you are playing it safe. Yay for your dog doing better!!!

@stephtra49 You did have a great day, congratulations!!! <3

@theslightedgeforever That's about what I got yesterday, too. That's too bad she didn't have her ruby slippers. You should try that chicken salad. It was like it was from a fancy deli.

Hello all. I met my new manager yesterday at work. I was so nervous I wasn't going to like her but I actually liked her quite a lot. She was really nice and seemed to really be passionate about our field and was excited to join our team. I think everything will be okay. On another note, at 4:00 a.m., whooooooomp! Yes, the bed broke again! But only semi-broke. The screws held the bed in place but the legs/braces we bought on Amazon moved out of place and that's why it went down. So, I've been up since 4:00 a.m.

COMMITTED.
    Goals for Nov 1-Nov 7:
    - track 90% of food intake
    - get at least 7 hours of sleep every night
    - drink 2 (26 oz) bottles of water a day
    - meditate for at least 15 minutes a day
    - put my utensil down between bites
    - ask myself if I'm really hungry before eating anything
  • mswatson0777
    Way to go @Stephtra49!

@trooworld Oh no! You cannot catch a break with the bed! Is it fixable or do you have to order another one? Being up at 4am is awful

@theslightedgeforever Sorry to hear it was a rough day for your goals. I hope today goes better!

Happy Tuesday All! While I'm not super thrilled to be back in quarantine it is pretty fun to have the extra time in the morning to take the dogs for a long walk and eat a leisurely breakfast (not having to style the back of my hair and wearing yoga pants all day is also pretty great!). No word on the test yet, but so far no symptoms. I did an 80 Day Obsession workout this morning which is no joke and it didn't feel any harder than normal which I figure is a good sign. Wish me luck on staying away from the kitchen (we are ordering pizza and drinking tonight for the election, but I want to make good choices leading up to that).
  • cbabie
    cbabie Posts: 1,547 Member
    Morning all, I went for 2 walks yesterday. One at night and earlier I decided I was going to FIX my fitbit. Well I got a little pin and started poking where it should have been a button...and YEA I got it back to the main screen. I just have to swipe and only stop on the exercise mode...and when I am done..It will let me swipe back to the main screen. So it's a temporary fix.. I don't want to walk without knowing my numbers..LOL. The phone doesn't show me my zones...but it does track the miles.. I know take what I can get. LOL. Tracked again, was over 200 calories, but tracked.

@TeresaW1020 LOL Glad the mask was a benefit! Which puzzle you working on? I want a picture when its done, I am sure it will be beautiful.

@mswatson0777 Sorry you are in quarantine again.. LOL I am with you when I know I am going to make some choices food wise that are not good. I try to make it up before hand. Yea on the 80 day obsession workout.

@trooworld I don't mean to laugh, it was just when I read whomp , I laughed..hey it's all DH fault he put it together right? LOL. kidding. I am so glad you like your new manager. How exciting to actually have someone in charge that is passionate about the field they are working in. I tracked and walked... :)

@theslightedgeforever Sorry you had a bad day yesterday. LOL you are like mom, she hated cooking because it took longer to cook for people to eat it...AND we had to do the dishes...not her. LOL

@stephtra49 Great job!!!

Cbabie
  • TeresaW1020
    TeresaW1020 Posts: 3,231 Member
    @cbabie It’s a picture of the train and depot that DH and I went on for our anniversary trip. I will take a pic as soon as it’s finished. Which if I stay up super late watching the election it just might get done! :D Good job getting in two walks. That is great that you repaired your Fitbit.

@mswatson0777 Bummer about the quarantine but good that you get extra time with your dogs. Wearing yoga pants is definitely a perk, which is why I love that I now work from home most days. 80 Days is NO joke! I’m going to do Barre Blend for the next 7 weeks and then I will see if I can start back on 80 Day where I left off, which was week 3. I will be staying up late tonight too watching the election but not with my beloved wine. I will be drinking coffee. I vowed no drinking until Thanksgiving. :grin:

@trooworld Ohhh I forgot that you posted the picture. Lay off of me! I’m old. :D I am sooo glad that you liked your new manager. I know that had you really stressed. Ugghhh on your bed!! Will you be able to fix it? :#

@theslightedgeforever Yes, the mask still fogs when I’m in the store but not as bad. After all these months I’m kinda getting used to my nose pushed down on my nose so they don’t fog up. I’m dreaming of a new year where we can all have mask burning parties! B)

Hello! I woke up at 5 am this morning and forced myself to stay in bed until 6. I did my workout and mom and I went to Walmart. I have Bible study tonight which doesn’t thrill me since I really just want to veg in front of the TV and surf the news channels. DH is under orders to watch until I get home. :D At this very minute, we have a repairman in the house trying to fix our garbage disposable. What is up with things breaking in my house!! :s
  • theslightedgeforever
    @trooworld I got 50% today. SIGH. I'll keep trying. I'm glad you like your manager. Too bad about the bed. Was it his side again? lol I have a couple of guest beds that I bought from IKEA. Evidently one of them falls down during the middle of the night according to my sister in law. lol I told her it's to prevent guests from staying too long. >:)

@mswatson0777 I hope your test comes out negative. So keep in mind all of the positives of quarantine. Yaay on getting some walks in with your doggy. Glad he's better. Plus you got in your other workout. Good for you. Maybe put some cut up f&v, nuts, cheeses in a different room other than the kitchen so you don't actually have to go into the kitchen if you get hungry.

@stephtra49 You are doing so well. Such an inspiration to us. Just keep repeating and see how you will crush your November goal.

@cbabie That's great that you walked and tracked. Plus fixed your fitbit. I think the main thing I use mine for is heartrate and zone minutes. Then I use the phone at the end of the day to see how many calories I've burned and if I need to get up and go do a walk like I did today. I do look at sleep totals and hourly activity on my phone. Too bad they don't let you build-your-own Fitbit with the functions you like best. I don't use half the stuff on my Versa. Oh the timer. Major feature. Mom certainly knew how to delegate.

@teresaw1020 The way we are going it might be 2022 before we can have those mask burning parties. Sometimes I fantasize about living in New Zealand. Plus the scenery is a perk.

Well back to watching more election coverage. I know it won't be called tonight but I keep saying just 30 more minutes. Then I'm going to be tired tomorrow and grouchy. I've already told dh to stay out of my way if he knows what's good for him.

Yellow- Stayed OP 142/164
    Intentional movement: 28 min strength training 40 minute walk
    33 zone minutes minus 2 for inactivity 6/8

November goals:
    Drink 6 glasses of water :|
    Burn 300 calories o:)
    Preplan food o:)

• trooworld
    edited November 2020
    @mswatson0777 I know, right? LOL It was fixable, we went back to Lowe's and figured something out with the help of one of their genius workers. Those guys know everything! Being up at 4:00 a.m. is not too bad for me, I usually get up at 4:30 anyway. ;) I'm glad you are making lemonade out of lemons there in quarantine. We stopped by Little Caesars and picked up a pizza ourselves.

@cbabie 2 walks? WTG, cbabie!!! Look at you, fixing things! Maybe I should have had you come fix my bed! LOL I know, I know, it IS funny! It's totally his fault...he didn't want any help, so it's definitely his fault. :D But the good news is we were able to fix it with some stuff from Lowe's. Yes, I hope I continue to like her. I'm glad to hear you tracked and walked...keep it up lol!

@TeresaW1020 HAHAHAHA! :D I am glad too, now to see if I like her when we actually are interacting during work scenarios. I was really stressed. It kept me up at night. Yes, we went to Lowe's and got some stuff and fixed it. Hopefully, it is a more permanent fix. Your house sounds like my house! Things breaking all the time lol. I hope it gets fixed and nothing else breaks.

@theslightedgeforever Yeah, that's about what I got, too. All we can do is keep trying! <3 It was actually the braces in the middle: we put 3 legs in the middle supporting the bed and they fell over. So, we went to Lowe's and got something to rig it so they wouldn't fall over. That's funny about your guest beds. It's like a timer. ;) I'll be watching the election coverage while I'm working today. I'm going to be tired and grouchy regardless. ;)

Hi all. Well, I wanted to watch the election results and hubby wanted to fix the bed so we stopped on the way home and got a Little Caesar's pizza for dinner. Now that there isn't a clear winner yet, I will be working from home, distracted all day lol. I am not doing very well on the below goals right now: I haven't meditated in two days and I am not drinking enough water or putting down my utensil. I've got to snap out of this.

COMMITTED.
    Goals for Nov 1-Nov 7:
  • cbabie
    Morning all, I so stayed up and watched the elections..went for a walk, came back and gave baby girl a bath and started watching..LOL I did however, eat my ice cream and I had made home made apple crisp..oh it was SO GOOD. I was over on calories...I had to laugh when I was tracking it said I had 2000 calories I could eat.. NOT..must have really put in the exercise yesterday. My fitbit is not really "fixed" I would say more working, but still need to start putting the idea in DH head for a new one. LOL

@theslightedgeforever I had to laugh when you were talking about the beds falling and telling your SIL the reason. Do you remember when mom used to set the timer on the stove so "company" would leave? I use the timer on my fitbit all the time. I used it more when I was working..but I still use it. I hope DH stayed out of your way.

@trooworld SNAP! there I just snapped you back into your groove. LOL. Glad you got the bed fixed. Cause DH would HATE sleeping on the couch. LOL

@TeresaW1020 We went through things breaking for awhile .. yesterday, my DH told me to turn on the fan on the patio...well I pulled the chain and broke it..I thought he was going to cry. LOL. he fixed it...I am grateful for my mechanic husband. Wow already been to Walmart? You are a busy woman. I am still in my PJ's. I have a Bible study in about 1 hour. I have to go get my face on. LOL

Cbabie
  • mswatson0777
    Morning all. I am struggling today, definitely too much junk and booze last night. I did get 4 hours of dissertation work in and took the dogs for a long walk so I'm being somewhat productive, but bleh. I'm sure this is everyone right now, but everything about the last 24 hours just makes me really sad and there's no definitive answer yet so we just continue to doom scroll (being hungover certainly doesn't help). So far no COVID symptoms which is good. I haven't gotten my test results back but I'd be really shocked if I was positive.

I'm going to get a quick workout in and then the SO may go on a bike ride later with me to get us both out of the house. Quarantining bites.

@cbabie Apple crisp sounds delicious! And I hope you get a new one since having a broken fitbit must be so frustrating

@trooworld I have a feeling everyone is pretty distracted today. I hope you're able to refocus on your goals once all this is over.

@theslightedgeforever I was totally in the same boat! We just kept doom scrolling and channel flipping thinking something would get called. I finally gave up around 12:30. I hope you got some rest.

@TeresaW1020 You have much better control than I do, I would have skipped bible study to stay home and channel flip with the husband! I hope he kept you in the loop!

• theslightedgeforever
    @trooworld I got 100% today. Woohoo! So on your goals, can you do a small mini task on one of them? Like for instance when you start to eat set your timer on your phone for one minute. Then when that goes off, set your fork or spoon down. It will help you to remember. What about temporarily cut your goals in half? So for instance instead of 15 min of meditation you say I'm only going to do 8. Make your goals easy to reach if your focus isn't where you want it.

@cbabie Good for you for your walk. Dh and I cannot stay in the same room and watch news together. I'm fire and he's gas. lol Yes on mom. Rude now that I think about it.

@mswatson0777 Did you get in a workout today? I was thinking of you today. lol Some parts of today I was thinking I wish I was a drinker. Then other parts I thought "I hear Xanax is nice".

Yellow- Stayed OP 137/164
    Intentional movement: 45 minute walk
    35 zone minutes minus 5 for inactivity 3/8 (sat scrolling looking for news. lol)

November goals:
    Drink 6 glasses of water o:)
    Burn 300 calories o:)
    Preplan food o:)
  • TeresaW1020
    @theslightedgeforever Look at all those o:) that you got! You are in the zone!! Going to New Zealand is one of DH’s and my ultimate fantasy trips. It’s so super gorgeous! :)

@mswatson0777 Hubby was texting me during Bible study as the results were rolling in. I stayed up to midnight and then went to bed. This whole thing is going down pretty much exactly how I expected it would. Very sad but that is our reality. :/ I’m glad that you haven’t shown any COVID symptoms!

@cbabie Mmmm apple crisp and ice cream sounds soooo good! Yeah, I never go by what my Fitbit tells me that I can eat. It lies!! :D

@trooworld You have got to stop and make yourself a priority that you have been doing! You have to become obsessed with doing all the things that work for you. Draw a mental line in the sand and say, “enough is enough,” and get back to it. I believe you, girl!! <3

Good morning! Yesterday, I went and had my hair done and was there for over three hours! I got a color and highlights and then went crazy and had my girl cut it short! I really love it and got lots of compliments at church last night. I’m going to try to change out my profile pic on here as soon as I can get DH to take a pic of me that I don’t hate. :grin: My weight is steadily dropping and again this morning I’m at another new low. I’ve never been on an eating plan where I could say that my weight is falling off of me. I might be thinking I could say that now and I’m just so happy! I need to go get my workout done and take mom to an eye doctor appointment. You all have a great day! :)
  • trooworld
    @cbabie I hate when it overestimates exercise! Apple crisp sounds amazing! When you say you are putting ideas in your DH head about your Fitbit, I'm picturing Ralphie's attempts at putting ideas in his parent's head for the air rifle in a Christmas Story...you know, he puts the ad in the newspaper, he drops hints every chance he gets? I forget what else. lol Thanks for the SNAP! lol Yes, I'm glad the bed got fixed, too. DH is motivated to do things when it involves making him sleep on the couch....hmmm, maybe more things should involve that??? lol

@mswatson0777 Yes! I know what you mean. I'm glad you have no COVID symptoms and I hope you continue to show none. Yeah, I may have to wait until the election is over before I refocus lol. I was able to get some work done during work hours but after that, nothing productive was done.

@theslightedgeforever Yes! Congrats. I got about 65.5%! Yes, that is a good idea to temporarily mini-goal them. Thanks for the idea.

@TeresaW1020 Thank you! Yeah, I'm going to do a better job of taking care of ME today. Wow, I can't wait to see your hair! Congrats on the weight falling off you, that's fantastic! Woo hoo!!!

Hello all. I did get some work done yesterday although I had the news channels on the whole time I was working. After work, I had to run a bunch of errands and then picked up my hubby from work. We had Thai Peanut Chicken Wraps for dinner which were really yummy. Tonight's dinner is already made, I made it on Sunday (thankfully). It's supposed to get cold this weekend (cold for here lol), so I'm already planning to make a big batch of chili.

COMMITTED.
    Goals for Nov 1-Nov 7:
  • cbabie
    Morning all, I am trying to breathe deep and be at peace. LOL I walked twice yesterday, however, I could only get my fitbit to work on 1 of the walks. LOL. Oh well I got movement in. That's what counts. I also over did it with ice cream yesterday..so today no ice cream. (it's the apple crisp calling my name). :) I tracked after the fact, but I tracked.

@mswatson0777 I think it will be great for you to go on that ride..that's what I do on my walks. Its my out when I am frustrated. LOL Yes the fitbit is VERY frustrating...

@TeresaW1020 Oh yes please post a picture. I really need to get my hair cut. It is half way down my back. It seems when I get in the mood, something comes up I can't. So maybe for Christmas..LOL. So glad you are going down and you found something that works. I am still working on that. LOL

@trooworld I laughed when you talked about making chili, I was just thinking the same, it will be in the 60's here next week. I will have to try to stay away from comfort food. I love eating when it's cold out. LOL.

@theslightedgeforever Great job on the 100%. I laughed thinking about you and DH with the news...that was mom and dad. Can you imagine with what is going on in this world rn how their living room would be? LOL I like your timer idea...not sure why I didn't think of that...oh that's right your the creative one. LOL

Cbabie
  • RetiredAndLovingIt
    RetiredAndLovingIt Posts: 1,394 Member
    Hi all..I am still around, lol. We are done with the trees, might go out tomorrow so dh can do some mowing, but that will be it for this fall. Someone said about awhile back that they hope I can enjoy the fall, too. Going out to the farm is peaceful, even if we are working, lol. Just chuckled at cbabie when she said about eating when its cold & then said 60's. Perspectives..it has been 60-70's here for a week or so & seems so warm! We have done a long walk outside most days this week.

@cbabie Glad you are getting walks in, but too bad about your Fitbit. I really miss mine when I forget to wear it. It is a Charge 2. Right now, I have a big crack down the face, but still working. Deep breathing is good! I need to try to do more of it.

@mswatson0777 Glad you don't have any Covid symptoms. Too bad about not feeling well re:too much drinking..guess that is why I don't drink any more. I used to get enough headaches, I didn't feel I needed to cause them, too, lol We are really getting cases here. I just saw on Facebook last night that a woman I know (not close friend, but still know) died recently of a Sudden Covid death. She was probably about 50. And dd has a friend whose 10 month grandson has it, & the baby's father, and not sure who else)

@trooworld Glad you got your bed fixed. I think everyone is on edge until the election is finallized. Just try to do some self care. Chili sounds good..maybe next week. Supposed to be colder then. This week is sp nice, so we are grilling.

@theslightedgeforever I love how you are always trying to come up with ideas for everyone to tweak their plans. And you did have a lot of happy faces the other day, great job.

@TeresaW1020 Glad your plan is working so well. & I would like to see the picture, too. I havent gone to a beauty shop since about Jan. I kinda wanted to let my hair grow, but think I am tired of it already & thinking of a shorter hairdo. I had my eye doctor appt this am. Was really impressed with how they were cleaning & sanitizing everything. (at least they had signs all over saying it was cleaned & sanitized, lol)

We have been walking quite a bit. Doing my treadmill most mornings & then after lunch we are doing an outside one, too. Just waiting today until my eyes are not dilated so we can go. My eyes havent changed, which is good. Too early for cataract surgery, no macular degeneration like my mom, and no new glasses this year. (saved some money!) I had my first shingles shot on Sunday & other than a red, sore arm, it didn't seem to bother me too much.

Well, not much more from here. We really lead a pretty boring life, lol. Just trying to stay safe, I guess.

• mswatson0777
    @theslightedgeforever It looks like you killed it on your goals, way to go! And I did get a workout in. It was a lighter one but it still felt good to get my body moving

@RetiredandLovingIt I had to laugh at your comment about 60 degrees, it really does feel like a heatwave after all the snow we've been getting! It sounds like you've been keeping really busy at the farm, I'm so glad you enjoy it. Our COVID numbers have been rising rapidly too, I'm just glad I seemed to have dodged another bullet.

@cbabie Way to track! I'm still trying to figure out my zen, so if you figure out a trick you should let me know. Right now I'm playing calming music which seems to help. I can't wait until it's 4:30 and I can go back outside.

@trooworld I'm intensely jealous of your thai food dinner, I adore thai food but we live super far away from the nearest restaurant. And my husband and I have been doom scrolling as well, I've tried to stay away from it today and hopefully just check after 7 tonight when the numbers should be more up to date.

Happy Thursday all! It's been absolutely beautiful weather this week so I've been taking the dogs out on double walks. I can't wait until the workday is over and I can get out again. I was originally going to take a half day tomorrow, but with quarantine I figured what was the point so I cancelled it so I'll be working the full day. With all this vacation I'm saving up I'm definitely doing an epic two week vacation next year to somewhere fabulous (I'm thinking Thailand).

I was talking with my advisor and she mentioned if I stay on track I could potentially graduate at the end of fall 2021 which would be an absolute dream (I think it's unlikely but a girl can hope). At least there's an upside to all this extra time being trapped in my house with nothing to do but work on my dissertation. I've got my chapter 2 up to 26 pages and it's really starting to come together!
  • TeresaW1020
    @trooworld I am such a news and political junkie but for some reason yesterday I completely didn’t care. I think I’m just drained by it all and I figure at the end of the day what difference does it really makes. Maybe the Amish have a point about living a happy life with no media. Do you like it when the weather turns cold? This week we are in the low 70s which is the perfect temp for me. :)

@cbabie Good for breathing and working on being at peace. Yeah, that apple crisp would call my name too if it was in my house! I’m hoping to get a picture taken today. :)

@RetiredAndLovingIt Yeah it might be time to go see your hairdresser. ;) I took my mom to the eye doctor yesterday and they don’t even let me in because they are super careful. But I get it because this is a place where a lot of elderly are going in for cataract surgery. Yayyy for saving money on not needing new glasses. Your farm sounds lovely.

@mswatson0777 Wow, Thailand would be amazing!! I always wanted to go somewhere super exotic and different from the culture I live in. I hope you get to go. That is great that you have a goal to shoot for with your graduation. Maybe you won’t make it but I’m sure you will get as close to it as you can. :)

Good morning! So, I’m super happy to have lost 2.5 lbs this week. I NEVER lose that much in a week! :grin: Today is my 500 calorie day but I’m thinking about fasting the whole day. I will have to wait and see how I feel later this evening. This afternoon I am going over to sit with my favorite two-year-old while his parents go to the closing of their house. This is the family who lost their little boy, Noah back in March to that terrible genetic disorder Trisomy 13. Well, she is pregnant again with another boy and everything looks perfect this time. She is due in February and I can’t wait to hold him! <3 OK, I’m going to work out and get this day started. I’m working on getting ready to tear this house apart and put up my Christmas!!! :mrgreen:
  • trooworld
    @cbabie I hope your Fitbit holds out for you. Yes, what counts is you are getting your walks in. That's good you tracked even if it was after the fact (I did that, too). Yeah, it's going to be in the 60s here, too: that's about as cold as it gets lol. I love eating comfort food when it's cold out, too. Stews, soups, hearty foods.

@RetiredAndLovingIt 60s seeming warm lol...that is a perspective thing lol. Yes, I'm glad the bed is fixed, too! :D Self-care: definitely! Enjoy your grilling. That's good, no macular degeneration. I had the shingles shot, too, and I was a little bothered by it but not too much. Stay safe!

@mswatson0777 Well, this wasn't REAL Thai food, we just made it at home so it wasn't nearly as good as getting it at a restaurant BUT we do have a zillion good options to get takeout or sitdown Thai food lol! I adore Thai food, too, it's my favorite. Yesterday, I didn't doom scroll as much. While I was working, I put on music and listened to that, and after work, I took a nap. See? Self-care! That's good you cut down on it, too. Ooh a vacation to Thailand: just think of the FOOD! And I hear that it is a fabulous place to visit. That would be wonderful for you to graduate at the end of fall 2021!

@TeresaW1020 I think we are all getting burned out on it. I didn't watch much of it yesterday either: I put on music and listened to music and then I took a nap lol. Do I like the cold weather? Well, I like it AT FIRST. But then I complain about it lol. The low 70s is perfect for me, too! Oh my gosh, 2.5 lbs is AMAZING!!! Congrats!!! That's great that the family is pregnant again with a healthy baby. You are so excited to put up your Christmas decorations, aren't you???

Hello everyone. @theslightedgeforever, I got OVER 100% yesterday, YIPPEEE!!! Speaking of water, here's a short article on the Benefits of Drinking More Water: https://www.sparkpeople.com/blog/blog.asp?post=you_asked_what_are_the_benefits_of_drinking_more_water I took better care of myself yesterday. I didn't doom scroll politics all day, I actually was productive. Now, to rinse and repeat!

COMMITTED.
    Goals for Nov 1-Nov 7:
  • mswatson0777
    @TeresaW1020 I'm so happy that that family seems to be doing well. I can't even imagine losing a child and I am so excited for them that their new baby seems to be healthy! And my Mom reminded me that I've got many, many years to make it to all the countries I want to go to so if it's delayed it's no big deal. Travel is one of my favorite things so not going anywhere is killing me.

@trooworld way to go on not doomscrolling! I tried to stay off of it too, but I still popped in about four times last night to check on Georgia. All the memes about Nevada have been hilarious! Tonight I'm going to try to stay away, watch Disney+ and pull out my adult coloring books.

Happy Friday all! Originally I was going to take a half day today but with being quarantined I didn't see a point so I'll be working all day. I'm hoping it will be quiet since it's a Friday. I've got some online trainings I need to get done so the time should go by quick.

Last night I put on the Great British Baking Show and I wrote out my goals for the weekend. My plan is to get at least one workout in and walk the dogs both days. School-wise my goal is to get my Chapter 2 draft out to my advisor by Sunday night. It's an aggressive goal but I think I can do it.