Calorie Counter

Message Boards MFP Suggestions/Feedback
You are currently viewing the message boards in:

Junk foos ads on MyFitnessPal??

lynetteholtzhausen2762lynetteholtzhausen2762 Member Posts: 1 Member Member Posts: 1 Member
Maybe this won’t motivate me to sign up as a premium member.... and rather eat take aways??
After competing my daily diary, the advert displaying on my weight goal page is for Macdonald’s, KFC, Pizza Hut?? I don’t mind the ads, but this is maybe not a good fit for the brand #justsaying

Replies

• Go_DeskerciseGo_Deskercise Member Posts: 1,522 Member Member Posts: 1,522 Member
    Not everyone sees the same ads ... they are targeted towards you specifically.

My ads are always for grocery store (kroger) and pet stores

Ads on my page currently: Kroger, Chewy, Petco
    edited November 2020
  • Go_DeskerciseGo_Deskercise Member Posts: 1,522 Member Member Posts: 1,522 Member
    Another example: I recently bought contacts and glasses and look what just showed up lol

66cnhjoook11.png
  • durdendurden Member, MFP Moderator, Greeter, Premium Posts: 405 MFP Staff Member, MFP Moderator, Greeter, Premium Posts: 405 MFP Staff
    All the above being (accurately) said, we typically don't allow junk food ads on our platform and have filters to try and keep that stuff out. If you're able to take a screenshot of the ad, you can report it to our Support Team who can look into having it removed.

To reach our support team for assistance, please visit https://myfitnesspal.zendesk.com/hc/en-us or email directly to [email protected]

I hope that helps!
  • lemurcat2lemurcat2 Member, Premium Posts: 6,464 Member Member, Premium Posts: 6,464 Member
    The ads are based on you, not MFP. That's not to say they make sense: my current ones are for U of Miami and Mazda. If we are going to screen ads, in the future I'd prefer to see junk food ones (although I never do) rather than political ones (which I do at times), please.