Myfitnesspal

Message Boards Chit-Chat
You are currently viewing the message boards in:

Little things that irk you 🤬

Replies

• slimgirljo15slimgirljo15 Member, Premium Posts: 261,267 Member Member, Premium Posts: 261,267 Member
    ReenieHJ wrote: »
    Feeling like I have an eyelash in my eye but can't see anything 😤

Ive got an eye wash station in my garage for just such occasions. Well, technically it's for washing chemicals out, but it's used for getting shmutz out of my eyes much more often.

Hmm never heard of such a thing.. Ill look that up. The worst of it is I know there is something there but I can't see it.. Im trying hard not to rub it.

How does it feel today? My mom always told me to pull the upper lid down over the lower lid. While I hated doing it, it did sometimes work. I wonder if you somehow scratched your eyeball?
    Hope it feels better soon. Eyeball irritation can be mighty irritating.
    ETA: just saw your latest update, so hopefully it's good today too. :)

🙂 thank you for the thought. Its feeling much better. I'll be way more careful with the sunscreen today lol
  • thereshegoesagainthereshegoesagain Member Posts: 1,056 Member Member Posts: 1,056 Member
    When people don't take down their yard sale signs afterwards.
  • Bluetail6Bluetail6 Member, Premium Posts: 2,110 Member Member, Premium Posts: 2,110 Member
  • jamlochejamloche Member Posts: 106 Member Member Posts: 106 Member
    Measuring weight in stones irks me. I'm from the US, but I have no problem using the metric system if it better suits a given situation ... but using stones as a unit of weight measure is exactly the same as giving the whole world a word problem to solve. It's trolling.
  • CacoEtherCacoEther Member Posts: 2,465 Member Member Posts: 2,465 Member
    Motorsheen wrote: »
    Bluetail6 wrote: »
    Mosquitos
    jamloche wrote: »
    Measuring weight in stones irks me. I'm from the US, but I have no problem using the metric system if it better suits a given situation ... but using stones as a unit of weight measure is exactly the same as giving the whole world a word problem to solve. It's trolling.

I've decided to combine the last two posts and start weighing myself in Mosquitos.

I can provide some industrial strength mosquitoes
  • stevehenderson776stevehenderson776 Member Posts: 324 Member Member Posts: 324 Member

I use pennyweight. Down to 65200.
  • ReenieHJReenieHJ Member Posts: 7,058 Member Member Posts: 7,058 Member
    CacoEther wrote: »
    Mosquitos

I've decided to combine the last two posts and start weighing myself in Mosquitos.

Will squishing them make them weigh less or more? Do you need to live capture them to have true weight?
    Weighing in mosquitos is going to be so disheartening. I weigh 100,698,899.5 mosquitos. I only lost 433 mosquitos last week. :(
    edited November 2020
    Mosquitos

Will squishing them make them weigh less or more? Do you need to live capture them to have true weight?
    Weighing in mosquitos is going to be so disheartening. I weigh 100,698,899.5 mosquitos. I only lost 433 mosquitos last week. :(

Oh that’s easy. If you squish them, they weigh less. Kinda like how a cup of melted butter is less than a cup of hard butter
  • MotorsheenMotorsheen Member Posts: 19,950 Member Member Posts: 19,950 Member
    Mosquitos

West Dakota is know for their military grade mosquitos.

We don't have many mosquitos, our swarms Flying Gila Monsters eat them.
    Mosquitos

I have an honest question

When i was in arizona, why did i randomly hear (twice) someone shouting “ARGH GOATHEAD”
  • GymGoddessGoalsGymGoddessGoals Member Posts: 2,057 Member Member Posts: 2,057 Member
    Mosquitos

Oh that’s easy. If you squish them, they weigh less. Kinda like how a cup of melted butter is less than a cup of hard butter

You said butter.
    Mosquitos

You said butter.

Why, what does this mean
  • MotorsheenMotorsheen Member Posts: 19,950 Member Member Posts: 19,950 Member
    Mosquitos

When i was in arizona, why did i randomly hear (twice) someone shouting “ARGH GOATHEAD”

@CacoEther

One of two reasons:

Here in Arizona, as a social pastime, we routinely take part in animal sacrifices and dismember Goats. It's pretty common to find Goat parts most anywhere around the state..... shopping mall parking lots, freeway overpasses, hiking trails and backyard pool parties.

You probably just heard someone stubble upon a Goat part or two.

or......

In Arizona, every plant found in the desert contains a thorn. (It's a state law.)

A common thorn is called a 'GoatHead' because of it's shape. They're pretty nasty and get caught in hiking boots, flatten mountain bike tires, get snagged in your socks and tend to bite. They're no fun.

Goathead-thorns.jpg

• GymGoddessGoalsGymGoddessGoals Member Posts: 2,057 Member Member Posts: 2,057 Member
    Mosquitos

You said butter.

Why, what does this mean

It's like saying "hard" but butter.
    Mosquitos

@CacoEther

One of two reasons:

Here in Arizona, as a social pastime, we routinely take part in animal sacrifices and dismember Goats. It's pretty common to find Goat parts most anywhere around the state..... shopping mall parking lots, freeway overpasses, hiking trails and backyard pool parties.

or......

In Arizona, every plant found in the desert contains a thorn. (It's a state law.)

A common thorn is called a 'GoatHead' because of it's shape. They're pretty nasty and get caught in hiking boots, flatten mountain bike tires, get snagged in your socks and tend to bite. They're no fun.

Goathead-thorns.jpg

Oh my gosh you guys have the tiniest little goats, how cute
    Mosquitos

@CacoEther

One of two reasons:

or......

Goathead-thorns.jpg

Oh my gosh you guys have the tiniest little goats, how cute

...... yeah, but they keep falling thru the grill during the backyard bbq.

Omg 😂😂😂😂😂
    Mosquitos

You said butter.

Why, what does this mean

So what if i say hard butter 😱
    Mosquitos

You said butter.

Why, what does this mean

So what if i say hard butter 😱

m0cfc0uz4281.gif