Guys/Girls: What is your real opinion on..

Replies

• CacoEther
    CacoEther Posts: 2,465 Member
    jjpptt2 wrote: »
    Going back a couple of pages to the questions about messages/comments being misconstrued...

Most of my "interractions" are online. I have little use or patience for people IRL. I've perceived more and more momentum behind that idea that any comments about another person not explicitly asked for are unwelcomed and could border on shaming, harrassment, etc.

Is my perception off in that sense, or do other people have similar impressions/feelings? If so, do you feel this is now the social norm, or is it just a small portion of people making a lot of noise?

To be clear, I am aware of the difference between commenting, "you look great" and "nice tits"... I'm not *that* oblivious.

Hmm. Maybe true online in general but I wouldn’t see it that way here in chit

I’d say the vast majority of people feel good when singled out and given a compliment. A small but noisy minority might disagree. (I don’t mean this with any lack of sensitivity to true harassment issues, i’m talking about general well-meaning commentary)
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,492 Member
    Guys,

Do you like it when your girl calls you baby?

pfft ... call me anything you want.

Just don't call me late to dinner.
  • Motorsheen
    CacoEther wrote: »
    Going back a couple of pages to the questions about messages/comments being misconstrued...

Most of my "interractions" are online. I have little use or patience for people IRL. I've perceived more and more momentum behind that idea that any comments about another person not explicitly asked for are unwelcomed and could border on shaming, harrassment, etc.

Is my perception off in that sense, or do other people have similar impressions/feelings? If so, do you feel this is now the social norm, or is it just a small portion of people making a lot of noise?

To be clear, I am aware of the difference between commenting, "you look great" and "nice tits"... I'm not *that* oblivious.

I’d say the vast majority of people feel good when singled out and given a compliment.

That cat tower of yours is pretty hot.
  • CacoEther
    Motorsheen wrote: »

I’d say the vast majority of people feel good when singled out and given a compliment.

You should see it when it’s on fire 🔥
  • Motorsheen

You should see it when it’s on fire 🔥

I'm sure that's only a matter of time.
  • CacoEther wrote: »
    Women: if a man messages you, what is your reaction? Be real

Curiosity and interest. He could, after all, want the recipe for something I was talking about in a forum, or to ask me how the heck I cope with having a boyfriend AND a girlfriend, doesn't he get jealous, and that's not a problem. I like to talk to friendly intelligent people. I have even been known to flirt on occasion. I am even willing to talk about how my kink works in a 24/7 relationship. I'm a very friendly open person.

Actually the people who think that it's appropriate to message me and assume I'm here to help him with the problem in his pants aren't a problem either. I have a delete button.

• hawkeye45_
    hawkeye45_ Posts: 812 Member
    How can you tell the difference between someone wanting attention and someone wanting your attention?
  • MaltedTea
    MaltedTea Posts: 6,286 Member
    hawkeye45_ wrote: »
    How can you tell the difference between someone wanting attention and someone wanting your attention?

Not sure if either is too healthy if done for an extended period of time.

That said, I'd think someone who wants your specific attention will commit to actions they assume (or know) will be of interest to you whereas general attention-seeking looks like them doing the same thing(s) with any and every person repeatedly.

Basically, lack of originality.

Also, you can just ask them.
  • CacoEther

Those could be the same thing

If she wants attention in general, her selfies are posted publicly

If she wants attention from you specifically, she sends you selfies that you won’t find publicly

But if you really want to know if she’s interested in you specifically, she:
    asks you why you have to live so far away
  • CacoEther
    Guys: how you take it when she tells you “you should selfie more”
  • hawkeye45_
    hawkeye45_ Posts: 812 Member

Low cost of living and no state income tax.
  • CacoEther

Low cost of living and no state income tax.

Uh huh, so you live in SD then?
  • Revolu7
    Revolu7 Posts: 1,013 Member

If i was 16 id be all swole and proud......after 40.....id say......just stop.....
  • CacoEther
    Revolu7 wrote: »

If i was 16 id be all swole and proud......after 40.....id say......just stop.....

Explain
  • Mr_Healthy_Habits
    Mr_Healthy_Habits Posts: 12,588 Member

My best guess is intuition...
  • Motorsheen

source.gif
  • CacoEther

source.gif

Could you BE any worse at explaining? 🤣
  • Revolu7
    Revolu7 Posts: 1,013 Member

Explain

As a teenager its normal to get all happy if a girl wants you to selfie more. Its a boost to your self esteem, its part of the process. Its silly, but its how it is.

If a mature adult is seriously asking for more selfies, id say grow up. I of course do take them occasionally, its part of todays society. And for people that are achieving life changing goals of progress its awesome too. But to just be part of the look at me movement....and it not be a joke....no thanks. And i wouldnt date a woman that is part of that either. I workout practically every single day of my life, i dont think once i ever stopped to take a selfie. Its just not why i do it. I dont condemn those that do, to each their own....but i dont hang around with too many selfie taking kind of people.
  • Mr_Healthy_Habits
    Mr_Healthy_Habits Posts: 12,588 Member

Oh she wants the dp's bad... 😏😂
  • CacoEther

Explain

As a teenager its normal to get all happy if a girl wants you to selfie more. Its a boost to your self esteem, its part of the process. Its silly, but its how it is.

If a mature adult is seriously asking for more selfies, id say grow up. I of course do take them occasionally, its part of todays society. And for people that are achieving life changing goals of progress its awesome too. But to just be part of the look at me movement....and it not be a joke....no thanks. And i wouldnt date a woman that is part of that either. I workout practically every single day of my life, i dont think once i ever stopped to take a selfie. Its just not why i do it. I dont condemn those that do, to each their own....but i dont hang around with too many selfie taking kind of people.

I used to be that way but I’ve come around to the dark side. I love seeing people’s faces, especially when they aren’t people i can ever see in person. Makes them more human ❤️