Belly Dancing Anyone?!?

:blushing: I just ordered a belly dancing workout on dvd. Has anyone else tried this weight loss approach? I havent been feeling very sexy lately. And I thought it looked like a fun way to spice things up. But now that it is finally here...well...I feel a little silly. :embarassed:

Replies

• :blushing: I just ordered a belly dancing workout on dvd. Has anyone else tried this weight loss approach? I havent been feeling very sexy lately. And I thought it looked like a fun way to spice things up. But now that it is finally here...well...I feel a little silly. :embarassed:
  • incorporeally
    incorporeally Posts: 27 Member
    I've actually always wanted to try one of those, but I never get around to ordering it. I like the funky workout stuff, because it is so fun that it distracts you from the fact that you are actually working out :happy: . Let us know how it turns out!
  • Ladyleo
    Ladyleo Posts: 26 Member
    I took a belly dancing class years ago. Loved it, not only a good, fun way to burn calories, you learn new moves that will enhance personnal play time also.:bigsmile:
  • :smile: Yeah I thought I would surprise my hubby with some new moves...lol! Now I just gotta get the courage to open it!! Im sure my 2 yr old will be right beside me!! He loves to dance!! But how will I explain that to daddy lmao!! Guess its good I didnt get that pole dancing one!! And to think I was just worried about where to hide the pole!!!:noway:
  • omid990
    omid990 Posts: 785 Member
    belly dancing is fantastic. i used to do perform back home. loved it.
    its fantastic for your stomach and back muscles. probably one of the best workouts for that area.
  • Awesome I am gonna try it for sure !! Wish me luck!! I will let ya all know the results!! Does anyone have any thoughts on before and after pics? R they really effective for motivation?
  • Great work out. Your arms, your legs, your back, and different areas of your tummy will be sore. I took a class a few years ago and now do a tape at home. It is a great work out and the best thing is the more curves you have the better you look doing it. It is a chubby womans sexy dance and your confidence goes way up.
    I tried a pole dancing class to. It is an incredible work out. Just even the floor moves and you feel it. It does take a while to be able to hold your self up on the pole. But if you can it is an even better wotk out that the belly dancing. If you have the chance to either, do the pole dancing. From my experience the pole dancing is way harder. The moves are very chalenging when you get up to the pole work.
    Good luck and have fun.
  • I absolutely love before and after pictures. Because you look at yourself every single day you don't see how big or small you are actually getting. So when you take a before and then a month later take another...you can really compare where you were and how far you have come..or how far you still need to go for that matter. I like them because they keep me motivated!!! I have pictures of fitness girls I think are beautiful and I have a picture of when I was my happiest sitting side by side. Its not about looking like someone else...its about being the best you. It works for me. Seriously. :)
  • I went and looked a few old pics up...gonna post them...but now gotta take a few current! Thanx for al the imput!!!