OMG!!! I did it~~I got to my goal...lost 17 lbs!!!

Hi everyone. So I have 2 children, a 3 year old and a 7 1/2 month old. I gained 35 lbs with each. with my 3 year old it came off right away with NO effort. Well with my son, he was measuring small in the womb so my doctor made me drink 2 Ensure a day and eat way more calories! I breastfed but the weight with my 2nd child just wouldn't budge, especially around my mid section! So I hired a trainer, she is the one who told me about this site. I became obsessed for about a month, lost about 7 lbs, then dropped the working out and eating thing. I gained back 5 and new I was on a road to distruction!!! My 30th birthday was coming up in Feb, so I KNEW I wanted to get to my goal by then. So I hired my trainer again and was working out 5 days a week!!! Times got tought $ wise and I couldn't afford the trainer, I was so scared I would fall off the bandwagon again, but I did the complete opposite!!! since my 30th birthday was still weeks away I went into my OCD mode and motivated myself. My supportive husband stays home with the kids in the early morning and I get my self to the gym 5 days a week, 1 1/2-2 hours a day. I haven't even missed a day, except the day after my 30th! I have been working SO hard and am so proud to say I did it!!! Now my next goal is 5 lbs more and then I'm done! I love this site! For those of you who do not feel motivated, remember my story. I didn't kick into gear on my own until the 4th week or so, then the weight on the scale AND the measurements started melting away! Once you start to see the weight come off you are SOOOO motivated! Congrats to those who have reached their goals, and DON'T GIVE UP, to those who are still trying.....YOU will get their, as long as you believe in yourself and make your life a priority! :)

Replies

• emilee21
    emilee21 Posts: 16
    Hi everyone. So I have 2 children, a 3 year old and a 7 1/2 month old. I gained 35 lbs with each. with my 3 year old it came off right away with NO effort. Well with my son, he was measuring small in the womb so my doctor made me drink 2 Ensure a day and eat way more calories! I breastfed but the weight with my 2nd child just wouldn't budge, especially around my mid section! So I hired a trainer, she is the one who told me about this site. I became obsessed for about a month, lost about 7 lbs, then dropped the working out and eating thing. I gained back 5 and new I was on a road to distruction!!! My 30th birthday was coming up in Feb, so I KNEW I wanted to get to my goal by then. So I hired my trainer again and was working out 5 days a week!!! Times got tought $ wise and I couldn't afford the trainer, I was so scared I would fall off the bandwagon again, but I did the complete opposite!!! since my 30th birthday was still weeks away I went into my OCD mode and motivated myself. My supportive husband stays home with the kids in the early morning and I get my self to the gym 5 days a week, 1 1/2-2 hours a day. I haven't even missed a day, except the day after my 30th! I have been working SO hard and am so proud to say I did it!!! Now my next goal is 5 lbs more and then I'm done! I love this site! For those of you who do not feel motivated, remember my story. I didn't kick into gear on my own until the 4th week or so, then the weight on the scale AND the measurements started melting away! Once you start to see the weight come off you are SOOOO motivated! Congrats to those who have reached their goals, and DON'T GIVE UP, to those who are still trying.....YOU will get their, as long as you believe in yourself and make your life a priority! :)
  • kellya
    kellya Posts: 208
    CONGRATULATIONS!!

All your hard work has paid off! Take a bow!! Don't you feel awesome!! I am happy for your success and you have made yourself PROUD!! Keep at it every day!! :smile:
  • way to go!!!! Its awesome that you made your goal. Always such great motivation for you, and for the rest of us that are still plugging away...
  • GameOver
    GameOver Posts: 90 Member
    Way to go! Thanks so much for this post. I joined here about 2 months ago and didn't stick with it, but now, with a new account, I can do it! I feel very motivated this time and I am so ready for a change in lifestyle (not just some quick fix diet that never lasts). Part of my motivation is that when I have kids, in about a year or so, I want to be able to lose the baby weight. There's no way I would have lost it without changing my diet, so I am trying to get a "head start by losing weight BEFORE the baby...haha. :laugh:

Anyway, Congrats! :drinker:
  • mommared53
    mommared53 Posts: 9,543 Member
    Congratulations! :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: That's got to be such a wonderful feeling. :happy:
  • Jelybe
    Jelybe Posts: 266 Member
    Woo!!! Congratulations!!
    :drinker: :flowerforyou:
  • MOMOFTWO29
    MOMOFTWO29 Posts: 8,276 Member
    Congrats, that is awesome. Keep up the great work.