Daily Activity Challenge

spirit7125
spirit7125 Posts: 77 Member
I’d like for us to share what we are doing for activity each day, whether it’s a full workout, a walk, or just mobility. Working out alone in my basement bc of covid is lonely. Hope to hear from you all!

Replies

• energyseeker
    energyseeker Posts: 855 Member
    I’ve been waiting for a low maintenance place to be held accountable to get some exercise in each day. I’ve hit maintenance weight and I have a sweet tooth. I need to keep up with some form of daily activity. This past month has been very stressful for me. My workplace, my parents, and myself affected with Covid-19 virus. I will Keep my future posts positive.
    My goal is low for this week. Just some form of stretching/ standing ab workout for 15 or more.
    So today So far I’ve did squats, wall sits, running in place for 15+ minutes.
    What have you done @spirit7125 ? I need motivation!
  • rosebud69155
    rosebud69155 Posts: 445 Member
    Thanks for starting this thread! :)

I use Beachbody On Demand. I am currently working through my own calendar I created that consists of 3 of their programs (10 Rounds, The Work, and Liift4)

Today was Week 1 - 10 Rounds: Boxing 3 and Week 1 - Liift4: Legs 50/50.
  • spirit7125
    Hello! I’m so happy you responded! I was going to a CrossFit gym prior to covid and now have a gym in my basement. I miss just talking about exercise with like minded people. Rosebud, I’d love to hear more about your program! Energyseeker I am so sorry you were affected by the virus. So many of my friends were as well. I know how it can take all of your energy away!
    Yesterday I did squats and deadlifts and was able to increase my 1rm for the deadlift to 175#! I’m not super strong and 51 yo but I’m happy when I see small gains. Today I’m going to do a low impact hiit workout from you tube bc I’m short on time. I’ll post the link to it here

https://youtu.be/aFBRopKNGfw

Looking forward to hearing your daily reports!!
  • energyseeker
    Day 2. Like I said I just need to get in some exercise when I can. Today 30 minutes of squats and boxing type workout at home. I’ll be 58 in 2 months and want to keep body as strong and flexible as possible as I age.
    Spirit you are strong 💪 , congrats on exceeding a goal.
    Welcome to you 🌹 Rosebud
    Stay healthy!
  • spirit7125
    Fantastic job! I want a heavy bag!! I used to go to title boxing and it was so fun. Great way to work out frustration! Tomorrow I have to get up super early to go vote so getting a workout in will be tough. I’m planning to walk at lunchtime at the very least!
  • energyseeker
    14 hour work day , mostly on my feet. No extra exercise today. Another long day tomorrow. Wish I could have walked at lunch, the weather warmed up but didn’t have the time.
    Hope you had a good day.
  • rosebud69155
    @spirit7125 Here is a run down of my programs. :)
    10 Rounds is 6 week boxing program. A normal week has 3 days of boxing and 2 days of lifting (one day is upper body and the other is lower). It's a progressive program where you start with your basic jabs and build on to it from there. Each workout is 10, 3 minute, rounds (hence the name).

The Work is another 6 week program. The easiest way to sum it up is to say that it is agility weightlifting. The trainer takes a move we would normally do without weights and adds a weight to it. Or he takes a weightlifting move and adds more movement to it. By far, this has been my favorite program to date. The trainer trains NBA players for a living too, and you can definitely feel his basketball background. LOL.

Liift4 is an 8 week program, 4 days a week. This is the first program I did with Beachbody On Demand and is definitely my go-to. It combines weight lifting with hiit, which is why they call it liift :D) Each day targets a certain part of the body (chest & triceps, back & biceps, shoulders & legs) with core being everyday. Some days you might have lifting and then hiit, other days might be straight lifting, and every other leg day is straight hiit. There is a tracker sheet with this program. This allows you to track how heavy you are lifting, so you can push yourself to lift heavier. :)

So my calendar (see pic below) is The Work M-F (with their stretching workout on Sundays), 10 Rounds Tu, Th, Su (I only do the boxing days) and Liift4 is M, W, F, Su.
    7vgfdjspebmc.png

• rosebud69155
    Today was W2 The Work - Isometrics. A great burner with low impact. One of my favorites! 💜💜

Followed it up with W2 10 Rounds- Boxing 2. Lots of leg work today as we focused on rolls. We also added resistance bands to the agility rounds.
  • rosebud69155
    Happy Friday!

Today was Week 2- Liift4 Shoulders Intervals. 10 reps/3x - Lateral Raises, shoulder presses, 30 sec soccer run; 10 reps/3x - Front raises, shoulder flys, 30 sec catchers (kind of like a burpee, but you only come back up to a squat instead of standing); 10 reps/3x - Y-raises, upright rows, 30 sec squat jumps; 3 minutes of core work.

Followed by Week 2 - The Work: The Crucible. 8 moves, 50 reps each with 45 second army crawl sliders in between each move. 1) burpee sliders (you use sliders to slide your feet instead of jumping), 2) weighted plyo lunges, 3) arnold presses, 4) weighted plyo sumo goblet squats, 5) dead bug alternated chest press, 6) diamond push ups (I had to do mine on my knees), 7) t-plank snatch, 8) single leg plyo runners lunge (50 each side).
  • spirit7125
    Good morning! It’s been a crazy week! Tuesday was Election Day so I couldn’t work out but I did get out for a walk at lunchtime and it was beautiful out. Wednesday I did arms and shoulders, including push presses, shoulder presses, bicep curls, skull crushers and a few others. Thursday I did a quick 20 min low impact hiit. Yesterday I did:
    20 min amrap
    10 cleans (55#)
    10 medball thrusters (20#)
    10 abs (varied)
    10 push ups
    10 box step ups (16”)
    This morning I am going for a 2 mile run while the weather is nice and tomorrow going hiking in NH.
    Rosebud thank you for sending your schedule! I’ve also been checking out ttsl daily workouts for some ideas on variety.
    Energy seeker, how was the rest of your week?
    I will try to be better next week at writing daily. New habits are hard to get started!
    Have a great Saturday ♥️
  • rosebud69155
    Awesome workout yesterday!! Enjoy your hike tomorrow! I'm super jealous, we don't really have hiking terrain here in Nebraska. LOL.

I am away from home this weekend so I couldn't do my Cross Fit *kitten* with my friend Peanut. But I did Beachbody's Core de Force Power Sculpt. It's an MMA inspired HIIT workout. :)
  • energyseeker
    @spirit7125 I don’t like to give up on challenges but my dad died passed away. I will be off MFP for awhile. Keep up your healthy habits.
  • rosebud69155
    Sorry to hear about your loss @energyseeker! Sending you healing and comforting vibes your way! 🥰🤗🥰🤗
  • rosebud69155
    Doubles again today.
    Week 2 - 10 Rounds
    Week 2 - Liift4 Legs No weights, all hiit.
    3 rounds:
    60 sec high knees -rest 45 sec-
    45 sec triple bears -rest 30 sec-
    30 sec catcher jumps -rest 15 sec-
    15 sec plyo lunges
    2 rounds burnout: all of the above moves, 30 secs each, no rests
    3 rounds for core:
    30 sec each move
    windshield wipers
    floor to ceiling leg lifts
  • spirit7125
    So sorry to hear @energyseeker about your dad. My condolences to you and your family.
  • spirit7125
    edited November 2020
    Yesterday I did a family hike up in nh that was relatively short but strenuous for most of it. It was a beautiful day. Getting up now to do a strength workout upper body:
    Strict press, push press, bicep curl, triceps kickback, chest pull, shoulder pull, push-ups, and rows. Have a great day!
  • rosebud69155
    Week 3 Liift4 - chest & triceps 50/50 (lifting first, hiit 2nd)
    Week 3 The Work - Push
  • rosebud69155
    Today was #TortureTuesday
    Week 3 10 Rounds - Boxing 1 Lots of footwork with this one!
    Week 3 The Work - Leg Day Oof! That's all I have to say about this one. LOL.
  • spirit7125
    Wow! Sounds intense. Yesterday was legs and back: back squats, deadlifts and peripheral work. I use the weider 5-3-1 program for lifting and it has helped me lift heavier than when I was going to the gym. I also walked the lake at lunch and even got in some meditation time! Today, I’m doing a hiit workout. Have a great day!
  • rosebud69155
    Awesome workout!!

This morning was Week 3 Liift4 - Back & Biceps Circuit (No Hiit) followed by The Work - Endurance & Agility