Are you over 200pds, let's diet together

Replies

• celticck77
    celticck77 Posts: 113 Member
    Okay so yesterday was a bust. I logged in the morning but was wiped out in the afternoon. Another audit at work so worked late then had to do a bunch of running around. I have an appointment tonight after work but my plan is to go home and work out before my appointment. Hopefully I stick to the plan. Next week I am going to try to get up before work to workout. Last time I did it I was in my 30's we will see if I can still do it in my 40's. Nothing good on TV right now anyway so here is hoping.
    Hope everyone is doing okay.
  • lisa_newmum
    lisa_newmum Posts: 10 Member
    Hello

I'd like to join if still possible.

I've just left the 300 lbs world and can't wait to get to 'one derland'.

I'm 36, first time mum to my 4 month old boy. I have a couple of chronic health issues that make exercise difficult and restrict my mobility and all this extra weight is a further burden.

I developed an eating disorder in my late 20s and it took me years to get some kind of control over it.

I was overweight before my pregnancy, but then I had such a difficult pregnancy, I pretty much didn't move for 9 months and lived off bread and potatoes as everything else, even the smell, made me sick.

I've been here for just over 4 weeks and am 16 lbs down.

I have a big family reunion abroad in January (covid allowing of course) and I'd love to feel confident and look good. At least to be my pre pregnancy weight.

My diary is open and I'm happy to share and support.

Oh and I'm in London, UK

X
  • Hello

I'm 36, first time mum to my 4 month old boy. I have a couple of chronic health issues that make exercise difficult and restrict my mobility and all this extra weight is a further burden.

I developed an eating disorder in my late 20s and it took me years to get some kind of control over it.

I was overweight before my pregnancy, but then I had such a difficult pregnancy, I pretty much didn't move for 9 months and lived off bread and potatoes as everything else, even the smell, made me sick.

I have a big family reunion abroad in January (covid allowing of course) and I'd love to feel confident and look good. At least to be my pre pregnancy weight.

Oh and I'm in London, UK

X

I also have mobility issues (arthritis in my feet and ankles) and did most of my first near-50 pound loss entirely with diet. It's really amazing how reinforcing it is just to hurt that little bit less when you do have to stand and move, and then it gets better and better. At about 45 pounds down I suddenly found I had a ton of energy every day to Do Stuff, and even though I'm still hauling 80-100 pounds extra, it's SO much easier now. This way you'll have all that energy once that little boy of yours gets mobile, and you'll need it! (I had two, who are now grown up.)
  • lisa_newmum
    lisa_newmum Posts: 10 Member
    Hello

Oh and I'm in London, UK

X

I also have mobility issues (arthritis in my feet and ankles) and did most of my first near-50 pound loss entirely with diet. It's really amazing how reinforcing it is just to hurt that little bit less when you do have to stand and move, and then it gets better and better. At about 45 pounds down I suddenly found I had a ton of energy every day to Do Stuff, and even though I'm still hauling 80-100 pounds extra, it's SO much easier now. This way you'll have all that energy once that little boy of yours gets mobile, and you'll need it! (I had two, who are now grown up.)

He is my motivation! I want to join in his adventures and run around and play.

Can't wait to start feeling better!
  • celticck77
    @lisa_newmum - welcome! It is never too late to join.
  • celticck77
    Another wonderful day. How is everyone doing today?
    I had not worked out for a few days - the change in weather is draining me. I also forgot to take my vitamin D for about a week and I am feeling that too. I don't have to take it as much in the summer but as the days get shorter and there is less sun I have to start taking it again.
    I worked out again yesterday and I always feel better after working out. It is funny how we struggle to get there even knowing we will feel better after. :/
  • We cut our camping trip short while family is sick. We all got tested awaiting results. Son is negative but 2-6 days wait for the rest.
    Sw 210
    Lw 183
    Cw 180
    I'm now officially at the weight I moved here at. 20 more pounds to go anything beyond is a plus.
  • celticck77
    We cut our camping trip short while family is sick. We all got tested awaiting results. Son is negative but 2-6 days wait for the rest.
    Sw 210
    Lw 183
    Cw 180
    I'm now officially at the weight I moved here at. 20 more pounds to go anything beyond is a plus.

Hope everyone is okay. Feel better soon.
  • celticck77
    Well I had a bad weekend. On Friday I tweeked my knee. I had actually irritated it during a workout and just kind of brushed it off... Paid for that one. So I have not worked out since Thursday. I weighed myself Saturday and was down to 235. Then Saturday night I was bored and couldn't work out, I was feeling like crap and started eating and eating continued it into Sunday and more mindless snacking and I am now 237.
    I am hoping it is stress and will see what happens when I weigh tomorrow morning...
    But I am back at it today - still no working out - though I may try some upper body stuff today - the knee is just in a lot of pain and is distracting. But I will try at least and I will make better food choices this week.

Hope you all had a good weekend. Remember you don't have to stay down after falling. Keep getting back up.
  • I'm doing touchup painting today, which at least is standing up and doing stuff, though I'm having a slight increase in overall pain and some definite foot pain. That's related to the cold front coming through, though.

I'm plateaued about 5 pounds from where I want to be. I know that it's mostly water and stress, but it would be a nice thing in the midst of all this to hit the "I lost 50 pounds" mark.

Boyfriend is very needy right now and wants to have me near him for comfort, so I'm not liking to go to the gym in the morning when he might wake up and need me. I'm going to have to see what I can do to get there at some point during the day, because I need to be doing something.
  • celticck77
    Happy Friday everyone! Hope everyone is doing okay.
    I fell off the workout track but I am still doing my best to log my food and keep within my calories. Hoping to get back to my gym tomorrow morning. I will be hanging out with family this weekend. It should be fun. :)
  • WD is Thursday. Sorry unpacking trailer with everyone being sick it was a day of cleaning and needed to get groceries and just have a down day on Friday. The lo just went to school on Thursday. We all got tested all came back negative. Hubby's sinus just went to his ears he sounds like he has chickadees his quote. He is doing well with his weight loss to last he was at 185 from 205.
    Sw 210
    Lw 180
    Cw 179
    Ltd 31
    I am in shock for the last three days I've over ate. I've not counted so I have to really get back into it. Being sick didn't help as far as keeping on track. I always ate all my calories plus some. Last night I think I was good for calories. So off on another adventure with just myself and daughter. Going to a remote cabin no electricity or water. Spending the night then going trail horse riding for her birthday. Brought some junk stuff but will eat in moderation because I bagged it all ah ha, two thumbs up. Lots of card and board games, makeup, nail polish, and tattoo pens. Happy birthday to my almost 9 year old. Instead of smores I brought a bananna chocolate chips and marshmellows and a bottle of sprinkles for her. The cabin is sight unseen hope it's good because there is an outhouse. It is on a ranch so hope we can go feed them as I have carrots and apples. She still doesn't know it's a surprise.

• ladycopnh1
    ladycopnh1 Posts: 287 Member
    Starting Weight: 271
    Total January loss: -9
    Total February loss: -10
    Total March - 10
    Total April - 4
    Total May - 4
    Total June - 6
    Total July - +2
    Total Aug - +1
    Total Sept - +4

Oct 06 - Vacation
    Oct 13 - Vacation
    Oct 20 - 238
    Oct 27 -
  • celticck77
    HI all!! Hope everyone is still doing okay. Not seeing a lot of posts lately. Anyone still checking?
    I am doing okay - fell off again. Messed up my knee and my back so I stopped working out and took that as a way to eat junk also. This time of year is good for junk food eating...
    Hope Halloween and time change was good to everyone. Stay safe - hope to start seeing people posting again soon.
  • takera16
    takera16 Posts: 23 Member
    These past few months have been ROUGH mentally. I seemed like the more I focused on counting the more and more negative I got on myself. I couldn't get on scale without basically devolving into anxiety and loathing... so yeah. And at home no one gets it, my bf lost about 100 lbs just by starting a treadmill regimen. So I should weight in but I'm afraid the positive moves I've made will get overshadowed by the numbers not match9jg the effort. Somedays I feel like my chronic pain wins both mentally and physically. I don't like it....
  • ladycopnh1
    Starting Weight: 271
    Total January loss: -9
    Total February loss: -10
    Total March - 10
    Total April - 4
    Total May - 4
    Total June - 6
    Total July - +2
    Total Aug - +1
    Total Sept - +4
    Total Oct - + 4

Nov. 03 - 241
    Nov. 10
    Nov. 17
    Nov. 24
  • celticck77
    takera16 wrote: »
    These past few months have been ROUGH mentally. I seemed like the more I focused on counting the more and more negative I got on myself. I couldn't get on scale without basically devolving into anxiety and loathing... so yeah. And at home no one gets it, my bf lost about 100 lbs just by starting a treadmill regimen. So I should weight in but I'm afraid the positive moves I've made will get overshadowed by the numbers not match9jg the effort. Somedays I feel like my chronic pain wins both mentally and physically. I don't like it....

I get really down when my scale doesn't match what I feel I put in. I try to remind myself that the scale is not my focus. How I feel is my focus - the scale is just a tool for me to check on.
    Ask yourself -
    How do I feel?
    Am I more comfortable being me that I was a week ago?
    Do my clothes fit better?
    Am I able to do more than I was?
    Is it easier to work out?

Or develop questions of your own to track your progress. The scale is a tool but it should only be used as a tool. Your progress is more about how healthy you are and if you feel better.
  • A lot of things have resolved and I'm under way less stress. I hit my "50 pound loss" mark, and am on a calorie budget that I find very sustainable. The US elections have happened, and my boyfriend's therapy is definitely helping him to be less hyperaroused and more able to challenge his perceptions with reality.

The holiday season is coming up, but given COVID, I'm honestly planning to go with what my family feels okay with. If my mother and my sons (they live with her and help with the property now that my father is gone) feel okay with coming to dinner here, okay. If not, I don't mind having leftover turkey and trimmings, which freeze well or make into meat pies.

If that means dropping off stuff early for my biosister and her husband and daughter, so that can quarantine before they open it, okay. If that means going and having the usual Christmas with them, Okay. I'm not going to be doing a lot of Christmas baking because I'm not going to eat it, and because Boyfriend isn't working where he can take a plate of cookies to the breakroom. At most I'll figure out a way to do a loaf of sweet bread for Younger Son (he's got gluten and dairy issues anyway, so now is gluten-free, dairy free, and low FODMAPS while he tries to get his gut to settle down.) and do a loaf of chocolate peanut butter bread for Eldest, who also has to watch his dairy but he can handle a little milk in the bread.

So things are resolving, and now I just have to keep on keeping on with my diet. I'm waiting for the delivery of a recumbent stationary bike, so both Boyfriend and I can use it. (He's got spinal issues that make using an upright bike painful.) A little more movement may help jostle my body into letting go of a little more weight before the new year, and that would be nice.

• ladycopnh1
    Nov. 03 - 241
    Nov. 10 - 239
    Nov. 17
    Nov. 24

WOW.....what a summer and fall. I was doing fine till July. Then I started turning a bob house into a shed, which everyone was VERY impressed with, then I built a two level deck onto the front of my camper, During all this I am a caregiver for my husband which keeps me busy and we ended up losing my niece to heart failure, just 34 yrs old.
    obviously diet was not the first thing on my mind and the treadmill became a dust catcher.

I am so bummed out that I let myself go.....again. BUT, I am proud of myself for the fact that I still came back, good and bad and posted my weekly results.

This past week I dusted off the treadmill and walked on it every day this week. Now I have to control the food intake. Not so much what but how much.
  • ladycopnh1
    If there is anyone out there that has browsed this site wondering if it's for you, come in and say hi. You don't have to join, it's not a club, we have no monthly dues, it's just people who are over 200pds who want to lose weight with some other people who are doing the same and know what you're going through. We are here to give each other support and reassurance that we can do this.

This year is quickly coming to an end and January 1st is headed our way. THANK GOD !!!!
    Kiss 2020 goodbye forever more, one NOT to be remembered.

What a better time to start fresh.
    We'll be here for you <3