What's a food you're currently obsessed with?

Replies

• PAPYRUS3
    PAPYRUS3 Posts: 13,259 Member
    Forgot how good these are

SAME. Broadbeans are like crack. I might need to hit up an Asian grocer soon

Have you ever roasted them? I like spiced roasted chickpeas (over 360 calories/100grams) but broad beans are only 88 calories for 100 grams.
  • pancakerunner
    pancakerunner Posts: 6,137 Member
    Forgot how good these are

SAME. Broadbeans are like crack. I might need to hit up an Asian grocer soon

this flavor in particular. drool
  • beulah81
    beulah81 Posts: 168 Member
    Good Culture cottage cheese.
  • pancakerunner
    Brussel sprout season!
  • skelterhelter
    skelterhelter Posts: 803 Member
    beulah81 wrote: »

AGREED. It's the only cottage cheese that's not a soupy mess. I love how dry and dense it is.
  • pancakerunner
    I am not really a bread person, but the harvest bread from my local coop is TO DIE FOR
  • pancakerunner

AGREED. It's the only cottage cheese that's not a soupy mess. I love how dry and dense it is.

Old home 4% large curd is also really great
  • o0Firekeeper0o
    o0Firekeeper0o Posts: 416 Member
    PAPYRUS3 wrote: »
    Have you ever roasted them? I like spiced roasted chickpeas (over 360 calories/100grams) but broad beans are only 88 calories for 100 grams.

I’ve never roasted them myself no, I’ve only ever had the spicy or garlic ones. The garlic ones are my FAVORITE. @pancakerunner I just got the mesquite BBQ flavor of the Enlightened brand and I honestly don’t love them. :( They have too much seasoning and the beans aren’t crunchy enough, like what I’m used to!

Funny that comes up; I just got a small personal size of Good Culture for my husband to try. He’s a Daisy lover and we have tried SO many other brands, all of which he hated. But he actually quite liked Good Culture, and the Friendship brand too! So excited we now have some tolerable seconds as I can’t always find Daisy lol
  • beulah81
    beulah81 Posts: 168 Member
    edited November 2020
    @o0Firekeeper0o Daisy was my favorite until I tried Good Culture. I've never tried Friendship. @skelterhelter gave a perfect description: dry(perfect degree of dryness) and dense. I also enjoy the just-right amount of saltiness as well. I wish it was available at more stores near me.
  • o0Firekeeper0o
    @o0Firekeeper0o Daisy was my favorite until I tried Good Culture. I've never tried Friendship. @skelterhelter gave a perfect description: dry(perfect degree of dryness) and dense. I also enjoy the just-right amount of saltiness as well. I wish it was available at more stores near me.

For my husband it’s the aftertaste and he’s right, some brands have a VERY weird lingering flavor. Neither Good Culture nor Friendship seem to have that!
  • springlering62
    springlering62 Posts: 7,393 Member
    @Noreenmarie1234 i don’t know what thread you posted your pumpkin dessert in, but I screenshotted it and made up a bowl this evening.

Holy kittens. This is some good stuff. I used half yogurt and half water, and topped with with some canned whip cream and honey ginger crystals (15 cal/tsp). This is just like eating pumpkin pie. I bet it would be great with smashed graham crackers on top, too.

This definitely goes into rotation. Win win win!!!!! Thanks so much for sharing!!!!
  • o0Firekeeper0o
    @Noreenmarie1234 @springlering62 Ahem... I’m listening to this “pumpkin dessert” conversation... :p Sounds like a recipe I need!
  • o0Firekeeper0o
    x6z2glim1wcu.jpeg

ft3dwwh1bm2j.jpeg

Bought this on a whim to try. It’s GOOD! Tastes just like mac n cheese, nothing strange. And it’s fairly low cal. I made a couple little additions and was still able to eat both servings for lunch ;)
  • Katmary71
    Katmary71 Posts: 6,526 Member
    Brussel sprout season!

Yay, I had some for dinner tonight, they're so good! Worth the gas!
  • springlering62
    springlering62 Posts: 7,393 Member
    @Noreenmarie1234 @springlering62 Ahem... I’m listening to this “pumpkin dessert” conversation... :p Sounds like a recipe I need!

Screen shot of her version below.
    Mine was:
    Can of pumpkin purée
    Small box of sugar free vanilla pudding
    170gr fat free Greek yogurt
    240gr water
    Good shake of pumpkin spice blend
    Good shake cinnamon
    Two or three drops stevia
    Squirt of vanilla

I whipped it really good with my trusty OXO crank beater and refrigerated it an hour.

It made two giant cereal bowls full. I ate them both. *burp* Would have been around 300 for all this but I hit it with canned whipped cream and some honey ginger crystals for that full pumpkin pie experience.

Here’s @Noreenmarie1234 ’s version
    2qpgs56qyn32.jpeg

• o0Firekeeper0o
    @springlering62 Thank you! I’m excited to give this a try, it sounds DELICIOUS.

1kdsiuxe87zq.jpeg

qztwohviztq6.jpeg

This was actually pretty darn good. I recently had almondmilk yogurt which I thought was terrible (now valiantly trying to use it up via smoothie), so I was a little trepidatious but curious about the oat one, since I feel pretty “meh” on oatmilk. It’s very close to “normal” yogurt I think! My only gripe is that the strawberry bits (the little fruit leather pieces) were WAY too hard. I think they should put in maybe some freeze-dried strawberries into the granola instead.
  • brankaabbada
    brankaabbada Posts: 29 Member
    My new obsession is Rice cake with honey or peanut butter, slices banana and cinamon😋
  • teresadannar
    teresadannar Posts: 199 Member
    Sweet Potatoes: Curry Sweet Potato Soup, Roasted Sweet Potatoes in Olive Oil & Spices, Lentil-Turkey Sausage Stew with Sweet Potato Croutons....
  • pancakerunner
    Sweet Potatoes: Curry Sweet Potato Soup, Roasted Sweet Potatoes in Olive Oil & Spices, Lentil-Turkey Sausage Stew with Sweet Potato Croutons....

sweet potato croutons sound interesting