WaistAways - November 2020 Team Chat

Replies

• micki48
    micki48 Posts: 2,249 Member
    eggfreak wrote: »
    kmriedell wrote: »

Tomorrow I do the bodpod. I’m interested to see how my new scale measures up!

I had to look up what that is...very interesting! Happy Monday!

I wondered too. I guess I better look it up.

@KellyBgetsfit Hugs heading your way Kelly. Kid number 2 never slept through the night until he was 4 so I hear you on the sleep deprivation. Then I had a job with a long commute and routinely had 5 hours. Like @jugar said you need to give yourself some grace. You have so many tough things going on. I think you are doing amazing. Keep at it and do what you can do to take care of yourself. Hugs!!

@jugar Thanks for the buddy idea. Today has been my first great day in a very long time. I woke up to an message from the lovely @Pearl4686. It helps to have additional contact pushing you forward.

Exercise ✅
    Logging ✅
    Water 💦 above average
    Still have steps to get in but I’ll make my goal.

Hope you are all having a great day!
  • lovethyneighbor
    lovethyneighbor Posts: 270 Member
    @jugar Although this is a good idea, it isn't beneficial for me. While I love seeing everyone's consistency checking in, I just don't have enough time in the day to keep up with all of it. Hence the reason for me only posting my weight weekly. I honestly probably need to pull myself from the challenge as I feel it takes away from others' progress and who are better accountability partners. :(
  • YinxFed
    YinxFed Posts: 1,043 Member
    Steps update for 8th November:

Steps - 2192
  • reflectionofme
    reflectionofme Posts: 310 Member
    Username: reflectionofme
    Weigh in day: Monday
    PW: 125.7
    CW: 125.7
  • jguldi11
    jguldi11 Posts: 201 Member
    @jugar
    PW 242.6 lbs
    CW 242.4 lbs
    LTD 26.6 lbs

@micki48 my steps from last week:
    kvilelqahf4n.png

I also had 35 minutes of moderate strength training on Saturday 11/7.

Last week I decided to take it easy and not stress about exercise as I had enough other stress to worry about. I'm doing better this week though!

Mostly staying in calorie range and eating healthy most days.
  • CurvyCalorie
    CurvyCalorie Posts: 266 Member
    @micki48
    Good evening!
    No exercise today.
    Steps: 11,311

November 9 Monday
  • jugar
    jugar Posts: 9,891 Member
    @jugar Although this is a good idea, it isn't beneficial for me. While I love seeing everyone's consistency checking in, I just don't have enough time in the day to keep up with all of it. Hence the reason for me only posting my weight weekly. I honestly probably need to pull myself from the challenge as I feel it takes away from others' progress and who are better accountability partners. :(

I agree with @eggfreak ! Just checking in is OK. It is all good. If it helps you in any way at all, don't worry about anyone else. The most important thing is does it help you? If so, no matter how small your participation, stick with it! We love seeing your check-ins and knowing that it is a part of your process.
  • jugar
    I'm so glad your nagging voices were in my head today - it was SO beautiful outside, and I just wanted to sit around, watch the birds, paint a railing, feel the unseasonably warm air - but you all butted in and told me to work those muscles at least a bit! Thanks. I did a workout before making dinner and it was worth it.

Listen to the voices!

Tomorrow is our day off from weigh-ins - for some reason Tuesday seems to be the least popular day for that. It's a great day to reflect on things, ask questions, just report on how things are going, whatever works! If you feel like a small thought exercise, try this week's F2F challenge.
    https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10815158/november-week-2-postcard-to-your-younger-self#latest

I hope you Albertans are not buried too deep in the snow...
  • jguldi11
    jguldi11 Posts: 201 Member
    Question for the group - have any of you tried acupuncture? I've read it can be helpful for weight loss, stress reduction, and hormonal balance, which are all things I need.

If you've had it, what was your experience?

I've been debating for months whether I should try it and I'm getting closer to making an appointment.
  • PlaneMonkey
    PlaneMonkey Posts: 568 Member
    @jugar I won't have access to a scale tomorrow so I'll weigh in Thursday this week. I weighed myself today and it wasn't a number I liked so I'm going to work harder for the next two days to turn that around.
  • Terytha
    Terytha Posts: 2,097 Member
    jguldi11 wrote: »
    Question for the group - have any of you tried acupuncture? I've read it can be helpful for weight loss, stress reduction, and hormonal balance, which are all things I need.

I've been debating for months whether I should try it and I'm getting closer to making an appointment.

I have! I don't know about weight loss and hormones. But I immediately saw a reduction in the tension through my hips and lower back, which made it easier to move and sleep, which is probably what helps with those things.

It didn't hurt like I thought it would either. Felt strange that's all.
  • jugar
    jguldi11 wrote: »

I went for many treatments this summer for the first time in my life. It was not for weight loss, but it certainly helped with circulation of whatever it is that is around the large hematoma I have (although sadly not the hematoma itself!), it helped with ringing in the ears, and it reduced stress and anxiety a lot. I felt a lot better even if it did not really help the problem I went there for.
    Anyway, I have a NSV to share, if you have a fitbit you know in the app there is a section where it gives you a cardio fitness score.. Well when I started this journey I was fair, then average, I am now finally in the good section... I know seems silly, but it makes me happy, especially if you knew all the heart issues that run in my family...

Okay have a great day and keep up the good work ! Only 51 more days left in this year ! :)
    Excellent NSV! I have not really used that part of the fitbit info - I'll check it out. Heart issues are always good to keep at bay.

But my heart! Help! Only 51 one more days left this year????
    d4bgbd780ooy.png
  • micki48
    micki48 Posts: 2,249 Member
    @jguldi11 I had acupuncture once as part of a girls’ night. Only once. But it helped my hip pain a bit. It did not hurt. Like @terytha said just felt weird.
  • coffeetwist
    coffeetwist Posts: 18 Member
    PW: 83.1kg
    CW: 82.5kg

Hi everyone :smile: @jugar I love the idea of an accountability partner, I would be happy to give it a go. I'm relatively busy too, but I wonder if I would find it less cumbersome than trying to keep up with the posts here - which is why I often only end up checking in weekly.

Anyway, not sure how I ended up with a loss this week, but I'm taking it! My snacking has been out of control and my meal logging hasn't been too great. But it's a new day/week, so here we go...
  • YinxFed
    YinxFed Posts: 1,043 Member
    Steps and exercise update for 9th November:

Steps - 3973
    Exercise - 43 mins Full body strength workout
This discussion has been closed.