Living The Lifestyle - - Tuesday, November 10, 2020

whathapnd
whathapnd Posts: 1,231 Member
We meet here to explore, share, celebrate and (sometimes) agonize over how we do (or don't) incorporate weight loss guidelines into our daily lives. "It's a lifestyle, not a diet" is easily and often said, but sometimes not so simply put into practice.

This is a thread for everyone. If you're new to GoaD, or to weight loss, your questions and comments are always welcome. If you're maintaining, or a long-term loser, your thoughts on the topic may be just what someone else needs to hear. If you're reading this, join in the discussion!

Each weekday, a new topic is offered up for discussion.

Monday - 88olds (George)
Tuesday - whathapnd (Emmie)
Wednesday - misterhub (Greg)
Thursday - linmueller (Lin)
Friday - imastar2 (Derrick)

Today's Topic: 52 Pick-Up (And Go!)

There are 52 days left in 2020. What do you want to achieve regarding your weight/health by the end of the year? What might get in your way of achieving it? What are you going to do about the things that get in the way?

Bonus Question: Do you enjoy playing cards? If so, what's your favorite card game?

Replies

• podkey
    podkey Posts: 5,068 Member
    Oh bonus time first. Hearts has been my favorite card game. I liked the company of bridge but really needed to spend more time doing it.

52 days and counting. I don't have any big goals and just want to do a bit better with weight and eating. I am curious about what others are doing.
  • steve0mania
    steve0mania Posts: 2,925 Member
    I'd like to be 2-3 pounds below my personal target weight by the end of the year, as I feel like I need a little cushion to account for the usual fluctuations in weight that we all experience. I have to keep my head in the game, and keep that goal as a priority to help keep up with the key habits I'm trying to lock-in. My downfall will be alcohol and pita chips (my current favorite snack)!

For cards, I like to play poker most of all.
  • linmueller
    linmueller Posts: 1,354 Member
    edited November 2020
    I'd like to have completed my 3rd 10# challenge. I'd like to lose 8 pounds (hitting an important number) but honestly, I'll be happy if I am still on track and in losing mode. And I'd like to still be exercising regularly.

Bonus ?: Wizard, partner Skip bo, Skyjo, phase 10, and really anything with DS, DIL and DH.
  • misterhub
    misterhub Posts: 6,148 Member
    I want to drop below 250 pounds.
  • beachwoman2006
    beachwoman2006 Posts: 1,214 Member
    52 days -- I would just like to be at the same weight I was last years on December 31st. I don't even know how close I am. Guess I'll weigh tomorrow morning to see how far away I am.
  • beachwoman2006
    beachwoman2006 Posts: 1,214 Member
    Oh and bonus question...Gin Rummy is my favorite right now. I play a couple of games on Yahoo every morning while I have my coffee.

The ex and I used to play Spades with friends a long time ago.
  • 88olds
    88olds Posts: 4,462 Member
    Keep my walking going and not be over 174 lbs. Issue- snacking. I need to get out of the house more but where?

Bonus- cribbage.
  • whathapnd
    I'd like to end the year below 180. This means losing 6-ish pounds.The two biggest things that might get in the way are 1) not getting enough sleep and therefore doing random snacking and having lots of inflammation and 2) managing how much I eat of the holiday baking I do. (A lot is to be given as gifts.)

I should be able to get the sleep back on track over the next 4- 5 days. My plan for the baking is to not do any until I have a plan for getting it out of the house (i.e. it can't linger in my freezer.) Hardcore tracking would also help, but I'm not sure I'm willing to do it.
  • cakeman21k
    cakeman21k Posts: 5,799 Member
    I would like to drop the 5 pounds I gained in October.
    Bonus Not much of a card player unless you count computer solitaire games
  • whathapnd
    I forgot the bonus question. I love to play cards. My family plays a version of rummy that's really fun. I also love poker, spades, hearts, skip bo, phase 20, etc.
  • Al_Howard
    Al_Howard Posts: 7,843 Member
    Would love to drop another 10#.
    Bonus: Cribbage, followed by Hearts.
  • Flintwinch
    Flintwinch Posts: 700 Member
    Improve nutritional quality of food I eat.

Bonus: I burned out on card-playing when I was in the military. Occasionally play cribbage with SWMBO ('She Who Must Be Obeyed')
  • whathapnd
    I've never played cribbage, but I googled the rules, and that will change before the year ends. Sounds super fun!
  • misterhub
    misterhub Posts: 6,148 Member
    I love cribbage. I played it extensively while in the Navy. We often played for money: penny a point, dime a game. Occasionally for higher stakes. I play it now just for fun. Still one of my favorite games ever.
  • imastar2
    imastar2 Posts: 5,923 Member
    Get back below 300 lbs which wouldn't have been in the cards had I not gone crazy the last couple of weeks and picked up 10 lbs.

Getting in the way? Thanksgiving 🦃and Christmas 🎄 Dinners.

Bonus: Hearts or Spades either one.