Women 200lb+, Let's Never Surrender in November!!!

Replies

• Riddikulus89
    Riddikulus89 Posts: 17 Member
    🍁 NEVER GIVE UP, NEVER SURRENDER!

Highest Weight: 265
    Last weigh in in October: 250.2
    11/2: 249.2
    11/9: 245.2
    11/16:
    11/23:
    11/30:

🍂 RE-CENTERING month is going pretty well. I didn't achieve all of the goals I set out to do, but I did well this week regardless.

Goals 11/2 - 11/8:
    MOSTLY CHECK - 🍂 Stay under 1800 calories
    NO - 🍂 Exercise for 15 minutes minimum a day
    CHECK - 🍂 Journal each day

I let myself have more freedom this week, eating whatever I want as long as I was mindful and made conscious decisions. I dropped 4 lbs so it seems I was stressing my body too much.

I'm keeping the same goals for this week. I hope I'll make even more improvements and begin to build habits.

Goals 11/9 - 11/15:
    🍂 Stay under 1800 calories
    🍂 Exercise for 15 minutes minimum a day
    🍂 Journal each day

November goals:
    🍂 Log my food daily
    🍂 Exercise for any duration once daily
    🍂 Incorporate healthy self-care
    🍂 Show a loss on the scale (purposefully not quantified)
  • KMC55
    KMC55 Posts: 100 Member
    Struggle seems to be the current situation with a lot of us right now. I know I can keep going and not let the possible set back from this weekend cause me any real damage. Slow and steady progress for everyday. Keeping the exercise and stretching going to be strong and healthy. That is the main reason for this.
  • yvesste
    yvesste Posts: 2 Member
    Am I late to the party... the quarantine 15 hit me hard! In my early 20's I used MFP and lost 60 pounds from my original weight of 250, but over the past ten years I've gained it back steadily, but always kept myself at a weight I found more or less reasonable... until the pandemic. Alas. I'm not doing great right now body image-wise, but I am determined to get back on the horse.

Height: 5'7"
    Highest: 255 (Sept 2020)

SW: 249.6
    GW (this month): 245

9 Nov - 249.6
    15 Nov -
    22 Nov -
    29 Nov -

Goals for the month:
    🍂 Track everything--my calorie goal is a generous 1920 a day, it's manageable.
    🍂 Eat mindfully! Plan and prepare breakfasts and dinners in advance.
    🍂 Take four walks a week, especially after work, instead of laying down and watching TV or playing video games for an hour.
  • KMC55

Yes, I am into the 180s. I am shocked. I am pleased. I am proud. I haven't been this low since sometime between 19 and 24 years of age. It's still an aggressive goal but I am still shooting for 180 by Christmas week!!

For this coming week, I want to stay focused. The weather has warmed up and is unseasonably warm so I am able to run in comfort and taking full advantage of that. But I also now own both an elliptical and an exercise bike. So I have zero excuses about not getting my exercises in. And my goal is 6 days a week. I feel like I need to be strong heading into December so buckling down. BUT still being kind to myself and simply being mindful of my place in the universe and what my brain and body needs to function in it.

Have a great week ladies! :heart:

WAY TO GO!!! 9lbs in 6 weeks is totally doable. You got this.
  • torih941
    torih941 Posts: 207 Member
    November Weigh-In
    11/2: 245.6
    11/08: 244

So, progress! Did not incorporate exercise this week, but I did feel more in-control regarding my food and calming down excessive snacking. This week I am hoping to slowly start adding exercise back in. I really fell off the wagon, so I don't want to dive headfirst into 5x a week and just stress myself out. I am hoping to get 1 to 2 sessions in this week with some type of movement, whether that is yoga or just taking a walk.

Goals!
    *Exercise 3x-5x per week consistently--work in progress
    *Find the time in my schedule and pre-plan weeks in advance to make it easier--also a work in progress, but better than previous weeks
    *Avoid late night snacking--drink water instead unless truly hungry--much better than previous weeks
  • torih941
    torih941 Posts: 207 Member
    @uyister, thanks for the yogurt tip! Nice loss, I did T-25 awhile ago and it was quite the workout.

@Tarzan37, sounds like a great visit with yummy foods!

@Lasmartchika, sorry to hear about the stressful week, I hope this week is a little better.

@Zadviv2, hello! Sounds like you're already on a great start.

@MaxCat1000, great loss! It is amazing what good shoes can do, I've also noticed that.

@AlexandraFindsHerself1971, what an exciting NSV!

@KeriA, I hope then new job is progressing well! Sounds like you have a solid plan moving forward.

@laurajwalker, I also don't weigh daily, but that's more for my mental health than anything. If it helps you see a pattern and figure out what to adjust, then keep doing what works for you, but maybe take a scale break one week and see how you feel?

@JoDavo66, don't be discouraged, as you said, only the first week! Progress is progress.

@holdthefries, I like the layout of your goals. It allows us to see past a number and give us other things to accomplish. Great work!

@mamabearangie, nice loss! Family drama can do that, but great mentality of snapping back.

@changeforeverlj, yes, the elections last week really caused some heavy snacking. Also pleased with the way they went and I can't wait to see that ripple effect here in the states and beyond. Great work building up your running! I love seeing your updates regarding it.

@anita2422, logging accurately is so important! It really can be a reality check sometimes. Glad that it's working for you!

@Riddikulus89, nice loss! Being mindful of what we eat is important, I hope to get to that point some day. I struggle with stopping when I'm full, so that's a work in progress.

@making_impossible_possible, nice work, love the goals!

@KMC55, slow and steady wins the race, I often have to remind myself of that.

@yvesste, welcome!

@iloveeggnog, luckily all the candy is snack size, but it definitely adds up. Great loss, you should feel so pleased. You worked hard!

Hope everyone is having a good week so far. I am feeling a bit better this week than previous weeks, and I hope to continue that progress.
  • changeforeverlj
    changeforeverlj Posts: 222 Member
    @iloveeggnog Whooo hoo, that's fantastic news about 180s!! You can reach your goal by Christmas! I have been thinking about couch 2 10k but for now, running 3 or 4 times a week, my son is helping me with strength training for core, sit-ups, planking, and push-ups. Yip, I'm holding on for the whoosh it has to come I'm sticking with the calorie counting and intermittent fasting. Weigh-in tomorrow and check-in no matter what!
  • changeforeverlj
    @KMC55 Yes doing that now, trusting the process...Tomorrow will be day 1 of month 9! I do believe I've changed my relationship with food, I'm exercising daily which is definitely a new and exciting part of my life. I still have about 33 lbs to go, so it's important for me to follow through completely my goal is to get there by mid-June next year (when I turn 50) so I need to lose about 4.1 lbs a month, completely do-able! And I completely agree with you about the main reason we are all here doing this!
  • changeforeverlj
    @JoDavo66 Don't be too disappointed! Keep logging and being precise with your food. I've been intermittent fasting and calorie counting for 8 months I've stayed under 1400 calories a day, and the weight will come off if you stick to your plan. in the beginning I was very strict but the past month because of being allowed out and socializing its been hard which is one of the reasons I'm plateauing, so I also have to dig deep and keep going! Good luck!
  • KMC55
    Today was the first "normal" day back from a long weekend at my parents' house. The traveling took a toll on my focus but I didn't do too bad. I'm thrilled that today was a good day, without any cravings that I had to fight to resist. That is usually the drawback from unfocused snacking, a few days to a week of fighting the urges for more junk and really struggling to stay within my calories. This time wasn't an issue and that makes me very excited. I would go so far as to say a NSV, to be right back on track as normal.
  • JAC581
    JAC581 Posts: 91 Member
    10/1: 247 (starting weight)
    11/1: 235.8
    11/11: 236.4

I'm feeling quite frustrated as I've been stuck around 236 for at least the last two weeks. I've been continuing to stay under my calories, though there have been some days I've been concerned about my Fitbit giving me too much of a calorie adjustment. When that happens, I only eat some of my calories back in case it's way off. I'm not sure what to do to try get the scale moving again.