Keto is killing me 🤪

124»

Replies

• Susanschwartz84
    Susanschwartz84 Posts: 5 Member
    Hang on in there! You can do it. Make sure you supplement with Magnesium Citrate. Result will come. Don't listen to the Keto-haters. They're just envious.

Thanks! I'm doing it because of a health issue, but didn't really want to discuss that. I've consulted with my doctor and we believe this is best. I have an extreme sweet addiction and need to level that out.
  • snowflake954
    snowflake954 Posts: 8,400 Member
    Also I should note that I was 310 pounds and now I'm under 180. I think me and my doctor have this figured out, but thanks for the concern. I just wanted to vent with like minded people.

Thanks for coming back to check-in. We were wondering about you. Congratulations on your weight loss.
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,389 MFP Moderator
    Don't mind me, just dropping in with some delicious keto desserts.

n25echpxrgww.jpg

wdjvozknb3wk.jpg

b7btov4uihfd.jpg
  • Nony_Mouse
    Nony_Mouse Posts: 5,646 Member
    psuLemon wrote: »
    In all reality, you can certainly incorporate treats in a keto diet but be very careful. Often good keto treats are calorie bomms, except my pumpkin spice muffins 😉.

But in the end, if you are always trying to incorporate treats and not focusing on developing good eating habits, there is a bigger underlying issue that should be addressed with thr behavior. If keto increases cravings, its a bad choice. For me, it reducing my cravings which is why I do it. When i consumw carbs, cravings increase and then i pound 600 calories of candy (true story).

@psuLemon, if those muffins are gluten-free, I'm going to need that recipe!
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,389 MFP Moderator
    psuLemon wrote: »
    In all reality, you can certainly incorporate treats in a keto diet but be very careful. Often good keto treats are calorie bomms, except my pumpkin spice muffins 😉.

But in the end, if you are always trying to incorporate treats and not focusing on developing good eating habits, there is a bigger underlying issue that should be addressed with thr behavior. If keto increases cravings, its a bad choice. For me, it reducing my cravings which is why I do it. When i consumw carbs, cravings increase and then i pound 600 calories of candy (true story).

@psuLemon, if those muffins are gluten-free, I'm going to need that recipe!

All my keto recipes are inherently gluten free. I'll send it over.
  • silverpl2525
    silverpl2525 Posts: 138 Member
    I'm doing keto and intermittent fasting, and it works well for me for so many reasons. However, I'm not gonna lie, it is very regimented, difficult, and you can't go out to eat often with friends because you never know what kinds of sugars are in the foods. I'm not one to say keto is better or worse than any other lifestyle. I've had my days where I wanted to eat ice cream and cookie dough and never look back. However, I realized I was doing keto wrong. I felt like I was starving myself and having huge sugar cravings.

I've done lots of research and TOTALLY changed my diet around and now I am feeling much better. Things that helped was learning the power of magnesium, potassium, and salt. Also, eating whole foods in general rather than processed. Also I need to know how much protein/carbs/fats I'm having every day. It's like a hobby.

I could go on and on, but not many people are on keto on this thread, so I'll just say that whatever eating style you can see yourself sticking with long-term is the one you should try. Personally I also have this thing called Oral Allergy Syndrome where I get a super itchy mouth when I consume certain fruits. So keto is especially nice for me.

To the OP: You do You! If you are dreaming about cookies, don't punish yourself with keto, it will be super hard and when you fail you feel really bad morally and start yo-yo dieting. I've eaten keto cookies and they are filled with sugar alcohols so you just crave more cookies. Super expensive, too! OK, that was a long post!! :)
  • angelexperiment
    angelexperiment Posts: 1,917 Member
    Hi Keto lovers,

Keto is really a big deal. I'm not into loosing weight at all, I love to do long runs, so being fat adapted is very helpful. Also it helps me lose belly fat.

Sugar cravings are just as powerfull as cocaine cravings which I know too xD. The best way to tell my body that there no drugs no more is cutting all the carbs and its working. My sweet tooth became less potent. Now I crave chicken broth with sour cream and dill yummyyyyyyyy

Just tried intermittant fasting and its keto's best friend <3

Runs while fasting, electrolytes and cold showers !

Peace and love everyone. Excuse my english mistakes :p
    Add me for two ways support <3

Yes it killed my cravings when I did keto omad fasting. I literally have no cravings for anything anymore and I’m so happy to be free of my sugar addiction after a life of it! I am looking into brushing and that is a cold showers bf you should try them both!