*Warning for TMI* Ladies Only!

Omfg so I had planned a good exercise routine for today, since I'm new with my weight loss I try to work out every other day (and hopefully will get to everyday). Well, I had my first time ever appt with the OBGYN and it was fine but I didn't think I would hurt so bad after the pap. I feel rly gross not working out for more than 2 days but my stomach hurts like a mofo rn...does this happen everytime?! No one said it hurts much to me before!

Replies

• Fflpnari
    Fflpnari Posts: 975 Member
    Ive had some discomfort. I have seen patients get bruised from a pap. Especially after their first one. Spotting is normal also FYI
  • BarbaraHelen2013
    BarbaraHelen2013 Posts: 1,940 Member
    I’ve not had lasting pain from a cervical smear either. Different nurses/practitioners can produce a very different experience ‘in the moment’ but I can’t imagine how bad an experience it would have to be to give pain days later! 😱

Even after colposcopy and cone biopsy (many years ago) I had no persistent pain.

Definitely talk to your doctor as it may not be connected to your recent procedure but indicative of an unrelated issue.
  • Katmary71
    Katmary71 Posts: 6,476 Member
    For me it depends on the doctor but I've had a lot of pelvic exams because of endometriosis complications. One doctor I'd always bleed and cramp afterward. It's not normal but not exactly abnormal either. Hope you feel better soon!
  • Snugbug6
    Snugbug6 Posts: 30 Member
    I've had horrible cervical pain, followed by what felt like a day or two of bad period pain.

I wish it was something that they warned you about as an uncommon side effect.
  • Glad you're feeling better OP!