What's a food you're currently obsessed with?

Replies

• happimess01
    happimess01 Posts: 9,071 Member
    baby carrots
  • PB2 Chocolate on Ak-mak crackers. So weird but so tasty good.
  • pancakerunner
    pancakerunner Posts: 6,137 Member
    anyone here like coconut?
  • amart4224
    amart4224 Posts: 345 Member

Love coconut!
  • Noreenmarie1234
    Noreenmarie1234 Posts: 7,493 Member
    @Noreenmarie1234 i don’t know what thread you posted your pumpkin dessert in, but I screenshotted it and made up a bowl this evening.

Holy kittens. This is some good stuff. I used half yogurt and half water, and topped with with some canned whip cream and honey ginger crystals (15 cal/tsp). This is just like eating pumpkin pie. I bet it would be great with smashed graham crackers on top, too.

This definitely goes into rotation. Win win win!!!!! Thanks so much for sharing!!!!
    Omg yessss! So glad you enjoyed! It is my favorite night snack. I have it almost every single night for years LOL. I never get sick of it! Sometimes I like to use different flavored puddings or skinny syrups to switch it up. Cheesecake pudding with cheesecake pumpkin syrup is awesome!!
  • PAPYRUS3
    PAPYRUS3 Posts: 13,259 Member
    senalay788 wrote: »

Coconut flakes.
    Coconut chips.
    Coconut milk.
    Coconut water.
    Coconut whipped cream.

Or

Just the whole coconut from a store. Bring it home, crack the shell, remove the hard white flesh and eat.

So in short. Yes. lol

I use to not like Coconut butter...but now I find it really yummy! I can even enjoy it straight from the jar lol!
  • Athijade
    Athijade Posts: 3,227 Member
    Fortune Chicken Udon Noodle Soup. Great for those days you just crave noodles and broth or days you don't feel great so all you want is noodles and broth. Can also be fancied up with veggies, protein, and other seasonings. Usually I add veggies of some sort (whatever is in my fridge/freezer), coconut aminos, sesame oil, and kimchi. But the possibilities are endless.
  • springlering62
    springlering62 Posts: 7,343 Member
    @Noreenmarie1234 @springlering62 Ahem... I’m listening to this “pumpkin dessert” conversation... :p Sounds like a recipe I need!

Screen shot of her version below.
    Mine was:
    Can of pumpkin purée
    Small box of sugar free vanilla pudding
    170gr fat free Greek yogurt
    240gr water
    Good shake of pumpkin spice blend
    Good shake cinnamon
    Two or three drops stevia
    Squirt of vanilla

I whipped it really good with my trusty OXO crank beater and refrigerated it an hour.

It made two giant cereal bowls full. I ate them both. *burp* Would have been around 300 for all this but I hit it with canned whipped cream and some honey ginger crystals for that full pumpkin pie experience.

Here’s @Noreenmarie1234 ’s version
    2qpgs56qyn32.jpeg

Size of that can of pumpkin?
    Size of that box of pudding?
    Preferably by weight :)

Don’t know the can sizes offhand, but know my measurements:

A standard can of of Libby type pumpkin purée is 3.5 servings @ 45 calories per serving.

Pudding comes in large and small boxes. The small box I used is four servings of about 8gr each / 25cal per serving, however, most boxes come in a few grams heavier. (I eat a lotta lot of pudding!)

A serving of Greek yogurt is 170gr.

Tsp honey crystals is 3gr @ average (depends on brand) 15cal per tsp. (Victoria Taylor makes ah-maxing honey crystals. A tsp of their lemon honey crystals on sugar free lemon pudding mixed with Greek yogurt is terrific. )

• springlering62
    @Noreenmarie1234 @springlering62 Ahem... I’m listening to this “pumpkin dessert” conversation... :p Sounds like a recipe I need!

Mine was:
    Can of pumpkin purée
    240gr water
    Good shake cinnamon
    Squirt of vanilla

I whipped it really good with my trusty OXO crank beater and refrigerated it an hour.

It made two giant cereal bowls full. I ate them both. *burp* Would have been around 300 for all this but I hit it with canned whipped cream and some honey ginger crystals for that full pumpkin pie experience.

2qpgs56qyn32.jpeg

A standard can of of Libby type pumpkin purée is 3.5 servings @ 45 calories per serving.

Pudding comes in large and small boxes. The small box I used is four servings of about 8gr each / 25cal per serving, however, most boxes come in a few grams heavier. (I eat a lotta lot of pudding!)

Tsp honey crystals is 3gr @ average (depends on brand) 15cal per tsp. (Victoria Taylor makes ah-maxing honey crystals. A tsp of their lemon honey crystals on sugar free lemon pudding mixed with Greek yogurt is terrific. )

I am not trying to be picky, not at all. But I dont want to make this and it be horrible. Is this the can you use?

eyw1jiewk82ypnzpipp2.png.webp?itok=QnihzpNY

Yup. Making some right now for after dinner.

pgvr110x4p22.jpeg
  • Noreenmarie1234

Mine was:
    Can of pumpkin purée
    240gr water
    Good shake cinnamon
    Squirt of vanilla

2qpgs56qyn32.jpeg

I am not trying to be picky, not at all. But I dont want to make this and it be horrible. Is this the can you use?

eyw1jiewk82ypnzpipp2.png.webp?itok=QnihzpNY

Yes
  • springlering62
    I am in some maddening world lately where everything is sideways.
  • springlering62
    Oreo candy canes. 45 calories for a “full sized” candy cane. As Oreo flavor, it’s acceptable, not great, but if they’d tweak the dial a bit, it would taste just like a tootsie roll and be the stuff of CICO dreams. Either way, it’s a straight jolt of sugar, that’s for sure.

ver2o1sjgdx2.jpeg
  • pancakerunner

Coconut flakes.
    Coconut chips.
    Coconut milk.
    Coconut water.
    Coconut whipped cream.

Or

Just the whole coconut from a store. Bring it home, crack the shell, remove the hard white flesh and eat.

So in short. Yes. lol

Coconut cream + flaked coconut... mix together with some stevia and coat in dark chocolate :)
  • Noreenmarie1234
    8smn9lsieuhl.png
    Golden monk fruit sweetener. It tastes and smells exactly like brown sugar which is weird because it has no molasses.
  • pancakerunner
    8smn9lsieuhl.png
    Golden monk fruit sweetener. It tastes and smells exactly like brown sugar which is weird because it has no molasses.

NEED
  • GazelleLady
    GazelleLady Posts: 131 Member
    Strawberry-banana protein shakes
  • VegjoyP
    VegjoyP Posts: 2,693 Member
    6f2xegqgpb90.jpg
  • o0Firekeeper0o
    o0Firekeeper0o Posts: 416 Member

My mother in law has coconut trees in her yard... I spent my summer sipping on glasses of FRESH coconut water :)
  • pancakerunner

My mother in law has coconut trees in her yard... I spent my summer sipping on glasses of FRESH coconut water :)

I actually love coocnut water... with pulp!
  • springlering62
    I’m still experimenting but this looks like a keeper as soon as I can figure out how much gel to use. I’m trying to eliminate the sugar free pudding. It’s developing a bitter taste lately. This came out pretty good but a little thin.

Can pumpkin purée
    179gr plain Greek yogurt
    .75c water (180gr)
    60gr sugar free maple syrup
    Vanilla
    Pumpkin spice
    Cinnamon
    Pinch salt
    12gr Instant Clear Gel (which is one ingredient: plain modified corn starch)

Tonight I’m going to fool with trying to make a homemade sugar free chocolate pudding.

Does the xanthan have a taste? I hear people raving about it for protein fluff.