NON WW & WW NEWBIES, OUR NEW LIFE, THE START OF SOMETHING WONDERFUL

Replies

• gemwolf110
    gemwolf110 Posts: 1,306 Member
    @TeresaW1020 I hope so too, but with being required to go in person to work I figure it's only a matter of time. And dog holiday shopping is always my favorite! Sorry to hear your garland didn't work, is there somewhere else in the house it would hang well?

@trooworld I hope you can get your hours back, but I totally get being torn about it. A part of me was glad I never got furloughed, the other part of me kind of wanted that extended time off (but knowing me I would have been miserable)

@gemwolf110 Sorry you didn't get the job. I hope there's an amazing one out there for you!

@RetiredandLovingIt Oh no, I'm so sorry to hear about your GD! I hope she continues to stay symptom free. I've been watching the news about Iowa, and I truly hope you all get a mask mandate at some point. I think it's really helped keep our numbers down.

The weather is garbage and I'm going a little stir crazy. This is definitely going to be a very long winter for me. I am back in person at work so I actually get to see people again which is nice, even though I'm just waiting for the next time I get exposed at work and have to go back into quarantine.

We don't have any plans this weekend and I actually took an extra day off so I'm going to work a lot on my dissertation. I miss being able to write outside of my home, I would love to just hang out in a Starbucks right now.

I feel like my emotions have just been swinging from stress to boredom with little blips of happiness in between. Basically, I'm meh.

Thank you, I’m hoping God has something better planned for me. Yes this year is crazy. Being in office you get the in person and out of isolation but then the possibility of being exposed. This is just going to be a stress filled year. Good luck with your dissertation, that’s not an easy task.
  • gemwolf110
    gemwolf110 Posts: 1,306 Member
    cbabie wrote: »
    Morning all, went for 2 walks yesterday. So that was the positive, tracked, that was a positive, went over 400 calories...not the positive. It's just too cold here, I hate cold weather.

@mswatson0777 Glad you are back to work in person. ( I think) LOL. Sound like we are waiting of the other shoe to drop. I hope you don't get exposed to covid..however, the 2 week down time gives you variety in your work place LOL

@trooworld yes I think you sent the rain over, I am sending it back now. LOL I hear you on the hours..too bad you couldn't do have in person and half remote. I believe in you and you can do what you will need to do, either way the job goes.

@TeresaW1020 My grandkids are now between the ages of 25 (soon to be 26 and 13). So not much decorating going on here now. Personally I hate the holidays. It's been a VERY long time since they were not filled with drama of some sort. Books are good, Do your dogs get them early? LOL

@RetiredAndLovingIt So sorry to hear about your GD, but hopefully your right and she already has her immune system for this. I love the fall leaves, but living in AZ you don't get too many of those. :(. We still have mixed school programs here. Part virtual and part in person. Luckily I don't have school age children. :)

@gemwolf110 Sorry to hear about the job, but I do know when one door closed the right door opens.. Glad to see you on here today.

Cbabie

Kudos on going for the walk and tracking! The colder chillier weather makes one want to eat more and hibernate. And you are right it was probably the wrong door, waiting on the next one. Was just so hoping so I can start grad school next year and not have to take out loans. Loans scare me lol.
  • trooworld
    trooworld Posts: 5,783 Member
    @TeresaW1020 Thank you! He does, unfortunately, he is at least as good a cook as I am (which is why we can get into trouble: we can make anything our stomachs desire!). Could you hang the garland on a mantle (if you have a fireplace) or over a doorway? I'm sorry your back is hurting. Of course, you have to get the poochie something!!! :D

@mswatson0777 Yeah, it was kind of nice being furloughed for a couple of months, I needed the break. It came at a time when I was really stressed out and at my breaking point; I was just about to take a few days off for mental health anyway! I ended up being pretty bored after a while lol. But now that I'm back, I do need the full-time hours. Sorry about the garbage weather. I like working on stuff at coffee shops, too. I am more productive away from home!

@cbabie You had a lot of positives yesterday, that's great! It's really cold here, too. Nooooo, I don't want that gift back (the rain) lol. Oh, I'll be mostly remote if I do get my hours back, I'll probably go into the site 2 days a week, so that's good. Thank you for believing in me. <3

@gemwolf110 I know what you mean. Yes, there is a lot of "fatphobia" in the US and even though I am not "That" overweight, I feel like I've experienced it before. Thank you re: my hours. Student loans should scare you. During undergrad and grad, I took out $77,000 worth of student loans, and now my loan payments are $597 a month. They don't care about how much my debt is, how much my mortgage is, they just want that money. They don't give any breaks. That said, I would do it all again if I had the chance: my education has opened up the doors to better jobs, and I wouldn't have gotten my dream job (current job) without my masters. The recipe for "The Best Oreo Cheesecake", enjoy!: https://www.lifeloveandsugar.com/best-oreo-cheesecake/

Hi all. I had such a bad day yesterday. It didn't start out too bad, I worked from 8-12 and was distracted by work. I felt a little off at work but kept going. Then I got off work and ate my lunch and went out into the world and that's when things turned to crap. I almost got hit at a 4-way stop by someone that started to go when it was my turn to go and I had already started to go and he was enflamed that I went. Then when I got to the grocery store, I was so discombobulated that I forgot to put my mask on and went into the store without it: they immediately told me to leave and put a mask on and that made me feel really stupid and like an anti-masker.

Sometimes I have trouble discerning how I am feeling, I get disconnected from my body and yesterday was one of those days. I went home and thought about it a lot and decided I was experiencing anxiety and a bit of depression. I texted my husband and told him I was having a bad day and feeling off. I explained what I meant by that as he was clueless. He asked what he could do? I told him he could cook dinner and take a Lyft home (I usually pick him up). We ended up ordering delivery food but he did take a Lyft home, I took a nap before he got home. I feel tentatively better today but I wished I wouldn't have told everyone at work that I was going to work onsite today, I could use the day at home. Too late. Maybe it will make me feel better going in.

COMMITTED.
    Goals for Nov 8-Nov 14:
    - track 90% of food intake
    - drink 2 (26 oz) bottles of water a day
    - meditate for at least 15 minutes a day
    - put my utensil down between bites
    - ask myself if I'm really hungry before eating anything
  • TeresaW1020
    TeresaW1020 Posts: 3,231 Member
    @trooworld Ohhh I’m sorry that yesterday wasn’t a good day for you. That is terribly scary to almost get in a car accident so of course you were feeling scattered. I’m glad that your DH did as you requested, and I hope you have a much better day today! <3 My mantle is white, and the garland is white so it won’t show up. Plus, I have a pic over my fireplace that says Merry Christmas. I’ve just set it to the side for now and next year I might glitter it red and hang it on my smaller white flocked tree that is all red and turquoise.

Good morning! Well, I woke up feeling like I have a hangover, from all the carbs I ate. :s Mom and I had gone to Jason’s Deli where I had a pastrami Rueben, chips, and a side of potato salad. Then I came home and worked on Christmas decorations and DH went to Papa Johns and brought home a veggie pizza and of course, I had to help him eat it and had two pieces of that! However, my weight was down a bit this morning but I’m still up for the week, so today and tomorrow I’m going to have to be strict. Today, I will continue decorating and then I have to clean up all the glitter that is everywhere! :D Once it’s done I’ll show off with some pics because I think it’s the prettiest I’ve ever done it. Have a good day! :)
  • cbabie
    cbabie Posts: 1,547 Member
    Morning all, It's still COLD here and my body says no to outside..LOL. I did walk 3 time yesterday, but didn't get all my tracking in. I am going to try and to that this morning. I made home made vegetable soup yesterday. I didn't eat it, I ate other left overs.. I hate throwing food away. Everyone said it had a good flavor. YEA.. I am sure I was over on calories, but I did choose yogurt over ice cream..I am just not sure if it was any different. LOL. Well I am going to jump in the shower and then on a zoom Bible study, I enjoy meeting others at least on line. My GS is still doing school online and I am glad as one of his classmates who is in person was tested positive for Covid.

@TeresaW1020 LOL I laughed at your hangover.. the food sounds yummy, but you know one day will not set you back, it's what you do on a daily/weekly basis.. So keep up the good work. I think my Mom always had glitter everywhere. She loved Bling...and bows..

@trooworld I am glad it will be remote. I am so sorry you had such a bad afternoon. It's funny (not) how peoples tempers are short right now. Thankfully you are okay. I was just thinking how distracted I am right now. I got nothing done I needed to yesterday. I pray focus and clarity for you today.

@gemwolf110 Yea Students loans I have always said are from the enemy. It's scary, there should be a better way to get your education and not have to pay it back the rest of your life. Good goals while you are on WW, just keep checking in here.. we are your wall of encouragers. LOL

Cbabie
  • mswatson0777
    mswatson0777 Posts: 290 Member
    @cbabie Three times outside? Way to go! And I'm glad your GS is okay, I feel like cases are getting closer and closer to home lately.

@TeresaW1020 Sorry to hear you've got a carb hangover, the day after we indulge is always rough, but it sounds like a really fun day!

@trooworld I agree with you there. I was so stressed and overbooked before COVID. Now I'm still stressed with school and work, but I miss the social time and the fun of life. I am so sorry to hear about your day yesterday, how stressful! Almost getting into an accident is enough to set anyone off. I'm so glad you're okay and that your husband was able to support you. I hope today goes better.

@gemwolf110 I'm glad you've got a system in place right now. The holidays are definitely going to be weird this year.

Happy Wednesday All! I've got another day of block meetings from 8am to 4pm with almost no break so it's going to be a stressful day. I've also got a Zoom class tonight so the day doesn't end there.

I did get up early and get an AAA (arms, abs, and a**) workout in which was awesome. I definitely feel it in my shoulders. I think I'm finally starting to even out after last week, both stress-wise and food-wise. I gave myself a three day weekend this weekend so I'm setting up a plan to stay productive and not fall into the doldrums.
  • theslightedgeforever
    theslightedgeforever Posts: 2,196 Member
    edited November 2020
    I'm here, just trying to change my schedule of when I check in and work on some other stuff. Exercise has been good. Food could be better.

I tried @trooworld Curry Chicken recipe on croissants. Dh loved it. I didn't have any raisins so I cut up some grapes. It was good.

I promise some personals tomorrow.

Yellow- Went Over 207/164
    Intentional movement: 28 min strength training 35 min walk
    32 zone minutes minus 2 for inactivity 6/8

November goals:

Green dot day :(
    Drink 6 glasses of water :|
    Burn 300 calories o:)
    Preplan food o:)
    Thursdays: Reduce amount of French Toast and add Apple Walnut Parfait
  • trooworld
    @TeresaW1020 Thank you, yesterday was much better! <3 Sounds like you have a good plan for the garland. Of course, you had to have some pizza, who wouldn't??? :) A glitter bomb went off in your house lol! I can't wait to see the pics!

@cbabie I don't blame you, it is really cold here, too! No way would I be outside going for a walk lol. I take my dog for a walk but it isn't that long of one, I'll tell you that! 3 walks, wow, that's great! Soup is so comforting right now in this weather, we had soup last night ourselves. I hope you have some of your soup today. That's good your GS is still online right now. Does he like it? re: my day yesterday...yes, people's tempers are very short! Thank you very much, I think your prayers helped as I was able to have a better day with focus.

@mswatson0777 It was stressful. Thanks, yesterday was better! Geez, what a busy day you had yesterday (Weds). I hope today is better for you and less hectic!

@theslightedgeforever Good to hear from you, I was about to send out the hounds! Lol I'm glad you liked the curry chicken recipe, I really liked it myself.

Hello all. After my terrible Tuesday, I had a wonderful Wednesday! I went into work yesterday to do some things I needed to do and it helped to see some of my co-workers. They put me in a better mood and I was able to get some work done. My job always makes me feel better, the people, the job, the environment. I'm glad I went in. I am off today and tomorrow, I'm going to enjoy my time off. The electricity is supposed to be off tomorrow for a period of 3 hours sometime during the day. That's not going to be fun but I'll have my Kindle and my tablet. I may go get groceries during that period. Have a good Thursday, everyone!

COMMITTED.
    Goals for Nov 8-Nov 14:
  • mswatson0777
    @trooworld You're lucky you live in a warm area, otherwise I'd be running for the hills with 3 hours of no electricity! I'm glad work made you feel better, it really does help to see other people and get some interaction in (outside of our SOs). I love that you have your dream job.

@theslightedgeforever curry chicken on croissants sounds delightful! And food is the never-ending challenge I think for both of us.

Well...I've got an early morning meeting in the books where we are going to discuss working from home again. A part of me is happy since I've now gotten exposed at work twice and this means I could maybe get to see my Grandma for the holidays. The other part of me knows I have really struggled with healthy eating when trapped at home all day so I'm a little nervous. I may make the switch back to keto if that does occur so I truly have nothing desirable to overeat in the house which also isn't ideal. I guess we'll see what happens.

After our second snow/ice storm, it's finally tolerable enough out that I was able to take the dogs out for a walk. Walking helps with my mental health so I'm hoping it stays above 20 degrees as long as possible (that's usually my breaking point for when I stay inside).

• theslightedgeforever
    @trooworld I got 50% How have you been doing on your goals this week? Your cheesecake looked so wonderful. You are very talented. I made chili the other day and then turned it into chili dogs. I've got bookclub next week and need to start my book. Broken Girls by Simone St James

@mswatson0777 Some days I can follow my plan and then some days I'm like WHAT plan? No rhyme or reason. The good news is that exercise is going very well and that's usually my downfall. So I was trying to figure out today why I'm doing well on that. I went and made a list of all things that I was doing last year when I did carb cycling and not doing right now. Hoping that helps this next week.

Yellow- Did Not Track
    Intentional movement: 48 min walk
    46 zone minutes minus 2 for inactivity 6/8

November goals:

Green dot day ???
    Preplan food :(
    Thursdays: Reduce amount of French Toast and add Apple Walnut Parfait (done)
  • TeresaW1020
    @mswatson0777 Yeah, I can see the benefits and concerns with you going back to work from home. But with the cases rising it might be best for a while. We really need to get that vaccine to get released! I will say the good thing about Keto is that most of the food isn’t something you can really binge on. Except I have found that I can binge on pork rinds and jalapeno cream cheese. That has to stop! :#

@trooworld So glad that you had a better day yesterday. I feel the same way about my job and love Thursdays because I get to hang out with my favorite people doing what I love to do. Is your power going out because of the California brownouts? I would soooo not be down with that nonsense. :/

@theslightedgeforever Are you feeling confident that you will be able to manage the holidays with your carb cycling? I have set a goal for myself that for the first time ever I will not go into January 1st with a gain on the scale. Fingers crossed!! ;)

Good morning! Well, I was very pleased to get on the scale this morning and have a ½ lb. loss. I had been up all week and was positive I would be today, but the fat eating fairies must have visited me while I slept. :D I do need to get back in my groove. This past week I was so busy and tired with all the decorating that I slipped up several times. Today, I’m back on my plan and will stick to a 500-calorie meal. The decorating is almost done, and the house has never looked so pretty! I’ll take some pics and show it off tomorrow. :grin:
  • trooworld
    @mswatson0777 I know, right? The worst part about the electricity going out is that it could go out any time after midnight they said. So, I could be typing this and the electricity might go off. And then I'd be sitting in the dark for 3 hours lol. Yes, feeling much better, thanks! re: Working from home...could you just get rid of the stuff that tempts you now and not have to go Keto? I just don't keep anything "bingable" in the house and it works out okay for the most part working from home. Oh gosh, I would NOT survive your winters!

@theslightedgeforever 50% is better than 25%, so that's good. I got 25% yesterday. How am I doing on my goals? Crappy. I have not meditated at all, nor have I put my utensil down. Yesterday, I didn't track at all. And my water intake has been lackluster. Thanks re: the cheesecake. I haven't had a chili dog in a long time, that sounds yummy! Is your book club meeting via Zoom or in person? I'm guessing via Zoom, I know you are really careful about going out. I could NOT read a book in a week lol. That's great you can! I've heard of that book but have not read it, you'll have to let us know how it is.

Hi all. I have such a headache, I think because the weather is acting weird and it's getting (temporarily) hot again. I slept really poorly because of the headache and also stuff on my mind. The HOA is having their board meeting on Monday and they are going to talk about the repair that will stop our front window from leaking. I am going to attend and I was thinking about what I would say all night. I tossed and turned and got up and went to the bathroom more than usual and now I feel lousy.

COMMITTED.
    Goals for Nov 8-Nov 14:
  • cbabie
    Morning all, I am right along with the crew here...I haven't tracked, I didn't walk yesterday...I barely got out of bed. It was just a crappy day. I feel like giving up, yet I know I can't..but sometimes you know just tired of fighting life. (family). On the happy note is baby girl is always happy...that makes me smile. I just keep praying over her that she will never lose that joy she has and shares. LOL..

@trooword I am sorry you have had a bad night..I hope your HOV meeting goes well. We need a new mattress..my plan is getting that the end of this month. It's time. :)

@TeresaW1020 You got this..sometimes we get off track and have to start and refresh. LOL.

@mswatson0777 I hope you survived all the meetings.. Yes I think staying home is a good thing right now. I have been fighting a scratchy throat for a couple of days, but I think its just allergies.. I did make my immune roller yesterday...LOL

@theslightedgeforever I hope you figure out what it is your trying to figure out..I am sure you will. You were just made that way LOL

Cbabie
  • theslightedgeforever
    @teresaw1020 Carb-cycling during the holidays. I did it last year. I surprised even myself. Halloween I was 186.7 and then 180.4 on New Years Day. I'm trying to get back to that mindset. I started today doing some things that I did last year such as preplanning my meals on my spreadsheet and I had forgotten that on certain weeks yellow days were 125-150. I had been doing up to 164 on yellow days. So it was good to look back and do the things as I originally did them. Plus keeping my spreadsheet open all day to remind me. Plus I went back and reread my journal entries from last year when I was consistently losing. One of the things I had changed was this line. foods that you overate? It used to say foods that were unplanned. For 6 months I did such a good job of planning that I no longer needed that line. Well, now I do. Back then I was of the mindset that I could eat X tomorrow just not right now. Because I didn't plan it. So I would add it to the next day's plan. Yaaay on your loss.

@trooworld I got 50% yesterday. I can binge on toast. But bread is always here. So for this next week work on some goals. Try to move them forward even a small bit. Focus on the gain and not the gap. We are still doing bookclub via Zoom. I have to read the book the week before because I forget the details and the characters because I read other books. I just divide it evenly by 7 days. Yes, I'm anal like that. I hope your headache is better. I didn't sleep well either. Menopausal symptoms.

@cbabie So start again. That's the beauty of this journey. We can start over anytime.

I've preplanned my day so that's a positive step in the right direction.

Green- Did Not Track
    Intentional movement: 20 min strength training 30 min walk
    36 zone minutes minus 3 for inactivity 5/8

November goals:

Green dot day ???
    Preplan food :(
    Thursdays: Reduce amount of French Toast and add Apple Walnut Parfait (done)

• trooworld
    @cbabie I'm sorry you had a crappy day, I hope you have a better day today. Hugs to you. Baby girl sounds like a really sweet little girl. That's good you are getting a new mattress, I hope that helps with your sleep. Maybe you can track breakfast today if you don't track any other meal?

@theslightedgeforever Oh gosh, I bet I got 25% yesterday, it was so not on my mind lol. That's good advice re: goals. I think I will. I forget books, too. Same reason. Good luck getting it done. You are anal? I'm surprised (not) lol!!! My head feels better...this morning. We'll see where it goes. I think most of my problems with sleep are due to menopause. That's good you pre-planned your day, does that mean you pre-tracked as well?

Good morning dear friends and lurkers. I had yesterday off and I intended on spending it sewing a bag I bought the material/supplies for but it didn't quite happen. Since I am new at sewing, I have to read over the patterns really slowly and carefully. It took me a while to figure out what the cutting pattern meant by a certain thing. I had to watch YouTube videos on how to read patterns and everything. And on top of this, yesterday the power company was working in our area and we had a planned power outage from 12:15 until about 1:15. But I kept working with no sound from the TV, no additional light but what was coming in through the windows. I managed to cut out all of my pattern pieces now I just have to figure out how to sew it together lol. I didn't have much time to work as I had an appointment at 2:00 and then I had to pick up DH at 3:00 so we could go sign escrow papers (we refinanced our condo for a better rate). We didn't get home from that until 6:30 due to traffic and a stop at Lowe's. My goal was to not eat out as I knew it would mess with my weigh-in today.

So, when we got home, I made an easy meal that we had planned for last night: sausage, peppers, and onions sauteed and then a side of steamable green beans. I weighed in this morning and I weigh exactly what I did last week. That's better than a gain I guess. Today, I am getting my hair colored and possibly cut...just trimmed if anything (I'm trying to grow it out). I have to run to the bank but other than those two things, I am free to work on my sewing, which I am looking forward to.

COMMITTED.
    Goals for Nov 8-Nov 14:
  • TeresaW1020
    @theslightedgeforever You have a good plan that is sure to keep you on track to end this year where you want to be. I looked back over the last three years and in 2017 and 2018 my weight stayed the same from October to January. Last year I had a 4 lb. gain. This year I really want it to be different. I love the idea that if you didn’t plan for it you don’t eat it. I’m going to adopt that one! ;)

@cbabie I’m sorry that you had such a crappy day and that family issues are dragging you down. I’m glad that you have that little girl to focus on. You know that you can’t give up on yourself. <3

@trooworld My DH has been dealing with terrible headaches because of our crazy weather here. Last week it was so warm and super muggy. Thankfully today it’s much cooler and more normal for us. I hope that the HOA can help you get your window repaired. I’m sure you will say just the right things that you need to say. :)

Good morning! I woke up this morning and it was cold in the house. We didn’t expect the temp to drop so much and DH didn’t have the heat turned on. I’m hoping that these cooler temps last. My poor pansies on my porch are suffering from all the heat we have been dealing with. I’ve lost a few of them and need to go buy more. Today, I have to spend some real-time prepping for children’s church tomorrow. I know what I’m teaching on, but I haven’t put anything together yet. My weight is holding steady and that makes me happy. I’m going to Florida on February 6th to attend my nephew’s fancy wedding and I want to look good! :grin:
  • trooworld
    @TeresaW1020 Ugh I hate headaches. I hope your husband feels better today. Thanks re: the HOA. I hope so, too! I bet the cooler weather helps you enjoy your Christmas decorations that much more. I'm sure you are going to look great for your nephew's wedding.

COMMITTED.
    Goals for Nov 8-Nov 14:
  • cbabie
    Morning all, thanks for all your encouragement. I am trying to put boundaries on my life. It's a slow process, but I keep pushing towards the mark. No walk yet, but we will walk in a bit. I didn't track again yesterday. Note to self: Boundaries cbabie Boundaries... LOL

Just an FYI @theslightedgeforever asked me to let you know her WiFi will be down 2-3 days and she won't be on here until she gets her WiFi back. LOL.

@trooworld I hope you get to sew today. I love to sew, but I hate to take out stitches and alter. I haven't sewn in at least 10 years..that's when my life changed with adult children. LOL I will be trying to sew in a few months. one of my "goals" When I was a kid, if I didn't sew I didn't have clothes. Now I want to do it for pleasure. LOL. Thanks for reminding me I can track at least 1 meal. LOL

@TeresaW1020 It's going to be warm again this next week then cold again..I am taking preventive measures for sickness. LOL. Enjoy teaching tomorrow

Cbabie
  • trooworld
    @cbabie That's good you are trying to put boundaries in your life. Boundaries are important and it's easy to let them slip. I have trouble with boundaries in my life, too. Thanks for letting us know about @theslightedgeforever . I wouldn't have wanted to send out the hounds for nothing! LOL Unfortunately I didn't sew yesterday. But I guess that was because I chose to watch a documentary on Netflix instead so I guess I "CHOSE" not to sew. I hope you get to sew in a few months. That must have been hard to sew all your own clothes. Yes, you can track 1 meal and say you "tracked" lol. Sometimes I need to follow this advice and then it gets me to track more meals.

@mswatson0777 sending out the hounds for you...I hope you are okay and just busy!

Hi all. I enjoyed yesterday even though I didn't sew. I watched a documentary on Netflix about rare booksellers called "The Booksellers". It was of interest to me. I also cooked a chicken pot pie for dinner which came out really good. Have a great Sunday, everyone!

COMMITTED.
    Goals for Nov 15-Nov 21:
    - meditate for at least 5 minutes a day
  • mswatson0777
    @theslightedgeforever I totally get that. Some days it seems like the plan gets entirely lit on fire! What were some habits that used to really help you?

@TeresaW1020 I LOVE holiday decorations and can't wait to see yours. And I've never been a pork rinds fan so luckily I'm safe there, it's just keeping the sugar free sweet stuff out of the house if I do temporarily go back to keto. I'm also jealous of the heat wave you've been having, it's below thirty and windy this morning so I'm dreading taking the dogs out for walks.

@trooworld Sorry I disappeared this weekend! I impulse took a three day refresher weekend and it's been fabulous! As far as binging goes, I can almost binge on anything (and by anything I mean plain greek yogurt, apples, sprouted wheat bread). It's a "talent" I wish I didn't have. How did the HOA meeting go? Chicken pot pie is one of my favorites and I bet it's delicious!

@cbabie I'm so sorry to hear you're having a tough time, family can be such a challenge. Sometimes we just need a day to wallow and I'm glad you got yours.

Happy Sunday All! I ended up having a fantastic three day weekend. On Friday, I woke up planning to do some dissertation work, but on the way to go get coffee, I impulsively turned on the highway and drove 90 minutes to go surprise my Mom with flowers. It was so much fun to see her face when I walked through the door of her job! I also did some impulse shopping while I was there (the stores were deserted since it was mid-day on a Friday so I felt pretty safe).

Saturday I got up, finished some coursework, and got a good workout in. We ended up having our quaranteam over for a happy hour and got to hang out with their new puppy! I overdid it a little, but I don't feel too gross today and kept the drinking to under two glasses of wine which I'm calling a win.

Today my plan is to complete the rough draft of chapter 2 of my dissertation and get that sent out. I'm still going in-person to work tomorrow through Thanksgiving since I've got to keep an eye on the student workers until they go home, but with a lot of people now working from home with the change I think it'll be safe since we'll be able to distance more effectively than we have been. All and all I've been needing a weekend like this for awhile!