Wait for me, skinny jeans; I'll be right there!

Hello! I am 53 and have never counted calories before, but the weight has been creeping up ever since I had the twins 18 years ago. I deliver 90 newspapers each morning (the get-paid-to-exercise plan!), but it doesn't help to then come home and eat a big bowl of granola!! This site seems to be a fun way to track and control my portion sizes. Looking forward to dropping 18 pounds and fitting into a pair of skinny jeans.
:smile:

Replies

• sewart
    sewart Posts: 10
    Hello! I am 53 and have never counted calories before, but the weight has been creeping up ever since I had the twins 18 years ago. I deliver 90 newspapers each morning (the get-paid-to-exercise plan!), but it doesn't help to then come home and eat a big bowl of granola!! This site seems to be a fun way to track and control my portion sizes. Looking forward to dropping 18 pounds and fitting into a pair of skinny jeans.
    :smile:
  • Shannon023
    Shannon023 Posts: 14,529 Member
    Welcome & good luck! :flowerforyou:

You'll be in the skinny jeans in no time! :drinker:
  • I'm trying to fit into a pair of skinny jeans I bought already that I can't fit! They are my motivation...hopefully in a few months I will look great in my jeans!!!!! Goodluck!!!!
  • Keep a pair of skinny jeans hung up in the cupboard where you store the granola~LOL!!!!
  • kerrilucko
    kerrilucko Posts: 3,852 Member
    welcome, best of luck to you :flowerforyou:
  • amccarville
    amccarville Posts: 185
    Good Luck. It does happen, I got into my fav. jeans this last weekend and I didnt even have to lay on the bed to zip them up!!!!!!!
  • Lizjkp
    Lizjkp Posts: 278
    Granola 's not that bad:noway: for you lots of roughage too:bigsmile: .
    Good luck, ditch the bike (if that is what you use to deliver the paper's) and do a bit of walk,run.walk:explode: and you will be into those skinny jeans:bigsmile: :heart: before you can shake a stick at an adder.

My second favorite household chore is ironing. My first one being -- hitting my head on the top bunk bed until I faint.
    - Erma Bombeck -
  • MOMOFTWO29
    MOMOFTWO29 Posts: 8,276 Member
    Hello and welcome to MFP. You will love this site if you don't already. I love this site, it is so motivational, supportive, helpful, and everyone is so nice, and friendly. I just wanted to tell you good luck on your weight loss journey. You can do this. :flowerforyou: :smile: :flowerforyou: :smile: