Recipe Storage Question

naturemama68
naturemama68 Posts: 8 Member
I can store my recipes fine but they're all jumbled and I can't figure out how to arrange them alphabetically. Tech support is no help. Any suggestions?

Replies

• ridiculous59
    ridiculous59 Posts: 2,828 Member
    On my phone I go to "Recipes, Meals & Foods". The top right corner has three dots. Click there and you'll see "Sort".
  • naturemama68
    Thanks so much for your response. I was able to follow your tip and organize the recipes on my phone. However, I use a desktop MFP app for 99% of my tracking and recipe storage. I was hoping the phone and desktop apps would "talk" to each other and the desktop would be alphabetical but that didn't work. Still need to figure out how to organize on a desktop. It shouldn't be this hard! Thanks again.
  • Gisel2015
    Gisel2015 Posts: 4,136 Member
    I wish we could do it too but I never found the way. I don't think that it is possible in the web version. I don't use the app.

I decided to delete recipes that I don't use often, and I often edit my own recipes using different items or changing the proportions, instead of creating a new one. This allows me to keep the list more manageable. I have been here for a long time and I learned not to count on MFP to make life easier for us; it is not int their mission statement.
  • naturemama68
    I got a response from MFP and you're right - alphabetizing recipes isn't possible on the web version. Seems like it should be so simple. When I get annoyed with MFP, I remind myself that the version I use is free. That's another thing they don't make easy. I've tried to find out how much the premium version costs and it looks almost like you have to sign up before you know what you're going to pay. The info is probably available somewhere but I can't find it so.....no thanks.
    Thanks for your response, though. Your last sentence made me laugh.
  • Thelinbc
    Thelinbc Posts: 38 Member
    Discovered that on my phone or I-pad I can search my recipes and then can change up ingredients, then save it and it goes to the top of my recipes. I have labeled al my recipes by category, soup, casseroles , salads etc so when I search on the phone I choose the category and then the recipe I want. I do not like working on the phone or I-pad so after I save the recipe there, I work on it on my computer. Hope this helps someone else and I can't believe no one told me this when I was complaining so much about the recipe feature and all the pages I have.
  • sandik1017
    sandik1017 Posts: 2 Member
    I'm having trouble finding where to edit my recipes. When I select "Food, Meals, & Recipes" I don't get a list so I can edit