Calorie Counter

Message Boards Chit-Chat
You are currently viewing the message boards in:

Little things that irk you 🤬

1118119121123124167

Replies

  • will_it_go_round_in_circleswill_it_go_round_in_circles Member Posts: 872 Member Member Posts: 872 Member
    MaltedTea wrote: »
    When people try so hard to read between the lines that they don't bother with the lines at all.

    Despite my regular egregious (but perhaps ironically endearing) typos, I have a Comms background. So I read the actual lines as well as in between 😉.

    If this was in reference to my earlier comment, I did say you both had good points 🤷🏾

    I have zero "skin" in the conversation yet while I am a mother, I do have friends who have made conscious decisions not to have kids as well as others who don't have the luxury of choice when it comes to conceiving. The "yet" - used in the original context - could have come off differently than you intended. It was meant less to harp on you than to increase awareness for all.

    Also (now here's where I'm being dramatically petty about grammar), your chickenpox example also assumes that everyone will acquire it when [...amplify Nerd Powers...] worldwide "90% (of children are infected) by the age of 12 years" and immunization rates further reduce this number. <-- This is also not harping since I'm actually just someone who likes epidemiology and your phrasing made me curious.

    Nah you were clear and I responded to you, but now one or both of us has done it again with chicken pox. 😂

    I
  • glassyoglassyo Member Posts: 5,013 Member Member Posts: 5,013 Member
    vanityy99 wrote: »
    ReenieHJ wrote: »
    vanityy99 wrote: »
    vanityy99 wrote: »
    vanityy99 wrote: »
    Newly mothers..
    Who think everyone else’s schedule must revolve around theirs and try to make you feel bad about it or get offended when everyone else has time to go on dinner dates with each other and they can’t. They seem to forget everyone’s life goes on and their *kitten* will get left if they can’t make time either.


    Bolded suggests you're saying otherwise

    Yeah what’s the problem?

    There's no problem here. I get what it is to have kids. Your statement was just something that someone who's not had children would say. I'd wager your mind would change a little.

    Idc. Children or not, don’t try to others feel bad for going out just because you can’t, especially when we’ve been adjusting to your needs for 8 months straight. you have children doesn’t make you queen sheba...

    I'm not sure why anybody's making adjustments or making anybody else feel bad?? Each side is making choices for themselves. I'm wondering if a little bit of 'grass is greener on the other side' is going on from each side? IDK but I'd be happy/understanding if it was my friend who had a new baby plus if I was the other side, I'd try to be understanding about my friends going out and having fun because my priority would be my baby. JMO

    But IIRC, this is a venting thread so you have a perfect right to share how you feel. :)

    Yes was venting 😄
    the last 8 months, it’s been all baby planning, the baby shower, planning out the baptism, me along with other friends we’ve been supporting her, I think now that things have settled with that, not everything revolves around her and the baby as much she’s feeling some type of way.
    Instead of going out, we would go over to her place to hang out, you know being understanding considering she’s a new mom, it’s not like we were being neglectful in the first place for her complain about us going out without her, we invite her. I get it might be her hormones or adjusting to her new life, but after while of slick shade and making others feel bad for having a life outside of hers..it’s a bit much.

    But, more important, do you want kids?! :)
  • ReenieHJReenieHJ Member Posts: 5,187 Member Member Posts: 5,187 Member
    vanityy99 wrote: »
    ReenieHJ wrote: »
    vanityy99 wrote: »
    vanityy99 wrote: »
    vanityy99 wrote: »
    Newly mothers..
    Who think everyone else’s schedule must revolve around theirs and try to make you feel bad about it or get offended when everyone else has time to go on dinner dates with each other and they can’t. They seem to forget everyone’s life goes on and their *kitten* will get left if they can’t make time either.


    Bolded suggests you're saying otherwise

    Yeah what’s the problem?

    There's no problem here. I get what it is to have kids. Your statement was just something that someone who's not had children would say. I'd wager your mind would change a little.

    Idc. Children or not, don’t try to others feel bad for going out just because you can’t, especially when we’ve been adjusting to your needs for 8 months straight. you have children doesn’t make you queen sheba...

    I'm not sure why anybody's making adjustments or making anybody else feel bad?? Each side is making choices for themselves. I'm wondering if a little bit of 'grass is greener on the other side' is going on from each side? IDK but I'd be happy/understanding if it was my friend who had a new baby plus if I was the other side, I'd try to be understanding about my friends going out and having fun because my priority would be my baby. JMO

    But IIRC, this is a venting thread so you have a perfect right to share how you feel. :)

    Yes was venting 😄
    the last 8 months, it’s been all baby planning, the baby shower, planning out the baptism, me along with other friends we’ve been supporting her, I think now that things have settled with that, not everything revolves around her and the baby as much she’s feeling some type of way.
    Instead of going out, we would go over to her place to hang out, you know being understanding considering she’s a new mom, it’s not like we were being neglectful in the first place for her complain about us going out without her, we invite her. I get it might be her hormones or adjusting to her new life, but after while of slick shade and making others feel bad for having a life outside of hers..it’s a bit much.

    JS this isn't quite what you originally said, and all I did was try to confirm my assumption that you didn't have children. With the now added context I wouldn't bat an eye at the whole thing. Never not once did I assume you or anyone else wanted to have children, or chicken pox for that matter.

    They do have a vaccine for that now ya know. Chicken pox, not the kids. :)
  • will_it_go_round_in_circleswill_it_go_round_in_circles Member Posts: 872 Member Member Posts: 872 Member
    ReenieHJ wrote: »
    vanityy99 wrote: »
    ReenieHJ wrote: »
    vanityy99 wrote: »
    vanityy99 wrote: »
    vanityy99 wrote: »
    Newly mothers..
    Who think everyone else’s schedule must revolve around theirs and try to make you feel bad about it or get offended when everyone else has time to go on dinner dates with each other and they can’t. They seem to forget everyone’s life goes on and their *kitten* will get left if they can’t make time either.


    Bolded suggests you're saying otherwise

    Yeah what’s the problem?

    There's no problem here. I get what it is to have kids. Your statement was just something that someone who's not had children would say. I'd wager your mind would change a little.

    Idc. Children or not, don’t try to others feel bad for going out just because you can’t, especially when we’ve been adjusting to your needs for 8 months straight. you have children doesn’t make you queen sheba...

    I'm not sure why anybody's making adjustments or making anybody else feel bad?? Each side is making choices for themselves. I'm wondering if a little bit of 'grass is greener on the other side' is going on from each side? IDK but I'd be happy/understanding if it was my friend who had a new baby plus if I was the other side, I'd try to be understanding about my friends going out and having fun because my priority would be my baby. JMO

    But IIRC, this is a venting thread so you have a perfect right to share how you feel. :)

    Yes was venting 😄
    the last 8 months, it’s been all baby planning, the baby shower, planning out the baptism, me along with other friends we’ve been supporting her, I think now that things have settled with that, not everything revolves around her and the baby as much she’s feeling some type of way.
    Instead of going out, we would go over to her place to hang out, you know being understanding considering she’s a new mom, it’s not like we were being neglectful in the first place for her complain about us going out without her, we invite her. I get it might be her hormones or adjusting to her new life, but after while of slick shade and making others feel bad for having a life outside of hers..it’s a bit much.

    JS this isn't quite what you originally said, and all I did was try to confirm my assumption that you didn't have children. With the now added context I wouldn't bat an eye at the whole thing. Never not once did I assume you or anyone else wanted to have children, or chicken pox for that matter.

    They do have a vaccine for that now ya know. Chicken pox, not the kids. :)

    Holy *kitten*! we gotta let people know!
  • thereshegoesagainthereshegoesagain Member Posts: 1,043 Member Member Posts: 1,043 Member
    reCAPTCHA. Makes me crazy
  • slimgirljo15slimgirljo15 Member, Premium Posts: 251,593 Member Member, Premium Posts: 251,593 Member
    tags that itch on your clothes 😠
  • stevehenderson776stevehenderson776 Member Posts: 305 Member Member Posts: 305 Member
    tags that itch on your clothes 😠

    Why not just remove the tags?
  • tmantwotmantwo Member Posts: 2,008 Member Member Posts: 2,008 Member
    tags that itch on your clothes 😠

    Why not just remove the tags?

    Maybe she means skin tags? 🤷🏼‍♂️

    Toe nail clippers take care of them?
  • MaltedTeaMaltedTea Member, Premium Posts: 4,337 Member Member, Premium Posts: 4,337 Member
    tags that itch on your clothes 😠

    Why not just remove the tags?

    How would one remember the item's laundering instructions?

    ETA: tmantwo's answer is more accurate 🤣
    edited November 2020
  • stevehenderson776stevehenderson776 Member Posts: 305 Member Member Posts: 305 Member
    MaltedTea wrote: »
    tags that itch on your clothes 😠

    Why not just remove the tags?

    How would one remember the item's laundering instructions?

    You could do what every man has done since the invention of the washing machine. Just throw everything in and hope for the best.
  • tmantwotmantwo Member Posts: 2,008 Member Member Posts: 2,008 Member
    MaltedTea wrote: »
    tags that itch on your clothes 😠

    Why not just remove the tags?

    How would one remember the item's laundering instructions?

    You could do what every man has done since the invention of the washing machine. Just throw everything in and hope for the best.

    ^ tru.dat. And whatever gets jacked donate for tax deductions.
  • slimgirljo15slimgirljo15 Member, Premium Posts: 251,593 Member Member, Premium Posts: 251,593 Member
    tmantwo wrote: »
    tags that itch on your clothes 😠

    Why not just remove the tags?

    Maybe she means skin tags? 🤷🏼‍♂️

    Toe nail clippers take care of them?

    Eww no lol
  • slimgirljo15slimgirljo15 Member, Premium Posts: 251,593 Member Member, Premium Posts: 251,593 Member
    tags that itch on your clothes 😠

    Why not just remove the tags?

    I tried but I should have used a stitch unpicker instead of scissors because I have a little bit of the edge of the tag still itching me. 😦
    edited November 2020
  • stevehenderson776stevehenderson776 Member Posts: 305 Member Member Posts: 305 Member
    tmantwo wrote: »
    tags that itch on your clothes 😠

    Why not just remove the tags?

    Maybe she means skin tags? 🤷🏼‍♂️

    Toe nail clippers take care of them?

    Got one off my eyelid with my fingernails a while back.
Sign In or Register to comment.