What was the last meal you cooked?

Replies

• snowflake954
    snowflake954 Posts: 8,400 Member
    Risotto w shrimp and zucchini.6miqfj1z06cy.jpg
  • acpgee
    acpgee Posts: 7,586 Member
    Leftovers for lunch. Lamb and bean stew with gremolata.
    i7ucmykco48g.jpeg
  • PremGandhi
    PremGandhi Posts: 115 Member
    Whole wheat pasta (radiators) w lentils.c9m4lzjbclm8.jpg

Hi ma'am, this looks delicious and nutritional(carb from wheat and protein from lentils). Would you mind sharing the recipe.
    Thanks,
    P.
  • snowflake954
    PremGandhi wrote: »
    Whole wheat pasta (radiators) w lentils.c9m4lzjbclm8.jpg

Hi ma'am, this looks delicious and nutritional(carb from wheat and protein from lentils). Would you mind sharing the recipe.
    Thanks,
    P.

Sure, happy to.

Lentils
    I used dry (small mountain lentils), and rinsed them, and cooked them in water until tender (I do a double batch and put the extra in the freezer)
    Then in a small pot--EVOO, finely chopped garlic, celery, onion, carrot, and parsley. Simmer this until a little soft.
    In the big pot w lentils and their water, add oil mixture, tomatoes (I am very careful to use plain tomatoes-- you can chop fresh, or use canned or bottled. Roma type tomatoes are best, but use what you've got) black pepper, salt, a laurel leaf, and a piece of hot pepper.
    Simmer all of this on low for at least half an hour. Taste as you go, and add water if it gets too thick, and whatever you need to get it to your taste.
    When putting it on pasta or rice, add fresh basil.

The pasta I used is a high quality whole wheat by Molisana (an Italian made).
  • snowflake954
    Basmati rice and (leftover) lentils.pbqk4ycihdae.jpg
  • SandraMGP
    SandraMGP Posts: 17 Member
    Veggie cottage pie made with Quorn Mince and Sweet Potato topping
  • Madison9776
    Madison9776 Posts: 52 Member
    Pasta with veggies, shrimp, and feta
    5igmko2ug3pg.jpeg
  • The last FULL meal I cooked was fettucini alfredo with diced grilled chicken and bacon and shaved Parmesan garnishes, with pan seared zucchini: I had pasta, alfredo sauce, chicken, bacon, and Parmesan. Boyfriend can't have pasta, so he had the chunks of pan-seared zucchini with alfredo sauce, the chicken chunks, and the bacon and Parmesan. Girlfriend had the pasta, topped with the rest of the zucchini, the alfredo sauce, chicken chunks, bacon, and Parmesan, and made embarrassing noises while eating it.

However, today was prep day, so the house is filled with the smell of seared onions and peppers that are going into a Tex-Mex flavored quichecake tomorrow along with diced ham and some chipotle cheddar shreds.
  • lilithsrose
    lilithsrose Posts: 752 Member
    Panang Curry & Rice
  • acpgee
    Another copycat KFC dinner. Chicken coating with eleven herbs and spices from the Chicago Tribune recipe, lightened up by cooking chicken in the air fryer. Copycat slaw with some of the mayo replaced by yoghurt. Green salad, roast courgettes, copycat Kraft dinner.
    60hosg5y7dxc.jpeg
  • Madison9776
    Madison9776 Posts: 52 Member
    Salmon with veggies and feta
    5kltn7vcnlqs.jpeg
  • mjbnj0001
    mjbnj0001 Posts: 1,069 Member
    First posting in a few weeks - we've been in the process of downsizing/moving, and it's been a grueling job after nearly 30 yrs in one house to raise a family. Anyway, we crested the hill and are on the downslope now, so things will get easier and complete by Thanksgiving.

In the new place, I'm making the adjustment from all-electric to all-gas. Tonight: baked Greek-style chicken with roasted spaghetti squash boats (homemade pomodoro-garlic sauce with peas). Settling back into a better eating plan after weeks of make-do meals.

d9vyh6aabbpq.jpg
  • snowflake954
    Stuffed endive.bjtbw4zce5h4.jpg
    rtpr6ez7jjmg.jpg
  • acpgee
    A batch of gratin dauphinoise ready to go into the oven. If you are going to go to the trouble to make one, you might as well do six and pop cooked gratins in the freezer.
    q24cfkoxlxfa.jpeg
  • Primed_Mk2
    Primed_Mk2 Posts: 1 Member
    Salmon with veggies and feta
    5kltn7vcnlqs.jpeg

Salmon looks divine.
  • acpgee
    I made a couple of custards for creme brulee that were sitting in the refrigerator. Per serving 150g whole milk, a tablespoon of sugar or splenda, an egg all whisked together. Cook au bain marie in the microwave about 20 minutes at 300 watts, then refrigerate until cool and needed. When you want to serve, top with a thin layer of sugar spread evenly by tilting the puddings and sear with a blow torch.
    sbd8azqzleqd.jpeg
  • snowflake954
    Orecchiette w clams. 75xjh8vqujmj.jpg