Nice work!

Opted to do a CrossFit style wod today:
    10 rounds for time
    5 power cleans (55#)
    4 back squats (55#)
    3 box dips
    2 push ups
    1 pull up (assisted)

Also did an hour walk at lunch and 15 minutes of meditation! Feeling accomplished!
  • rosebud69155
    rosebud69155 Posts: 445 Member
    Killer burn girl!!! And meditation is 100% where it's at. I was doing mine in the morning after my workout, but I've increased my working out and haven't made time for it. I miss it.

I call today #ThrowdownThursday I did Week 3 - The Work: Pull which really focuses on all the muscles that you use for pulling :smiley: Followed it up with Week 3 - 10 Rounds: Boxing 2. We added more footwork and I added my weighted gloves for a little extra on the punches.
  • mermaidgirle
    mermaidgirle Posts: 27 Member
    Hi, I am so happy to join in on this one. My doctor has suggested I cancel my gym due to covid and continue working out at home, the way I have been doing already. Today, I did 2 miles with Leslie Sansone's Walk at Home. She has tons of recent videos posted to youtube! Looking forward to checking in tomorrow <3
  • spirit7125
    spirit7125 Posts: 77 Member
    Welcome @mermaidgirle! Fantastic job rosebud! I find sitting meditation challenging. I’m way better with yoga as meditation. Keeping my mind on the breath is very hard to do. I took a rest day today. Felt lousy after getting the flu and shingles vaccines yesterday. My arms are killing me! Tomorrow is another day and I’m planning to go for a run in the woods if the weather is agreeable.
    Have a great evening!
  • mermaidgirle
    Good morning! Hoping you are feeling better today. Just finished my HIIT workout. Totally worth the early wakeup cus if I come tired from work, I've already accomplished my workout lol :)
  • spirit7125
    Good morning! Thanks! Arms are still sore but better. Great job getting it done and I agree that morning is the best time for me too. I was going to run, but It was raining so I also did hiit. It was a “no repeat” one which feels easier somehow lol. Here’s the YouTube link.

https://youtu.be/tbbZBtdd20U

Have a great day!
  • mermaidgirle
    edited November 2020

this one is a favorite for the low impact, but still effective workout
    https://youtu.be/gC_L9qAHVJ8
  • spirit7125
    Thank you for sharing. Got a late start but did this today and going for a 2 mile walk in the woods later. 64a83yo533ht.jpeg
  • rosebud69155
    MFP was acting up for me the last few days.

11/13 - Liift4 - Shoulders & The Work - Full Body Tempo
    11/14 - Saturday’s are special because I go workout with a friend. Up until last week we were in the park but now it is getting too cold and the sun rises later and later so we’re in the gym. Here is a picture of what we did:
    p8tx7eko9m0x.jpeg

11/15 - 10 Rounds - Boxing 3 and Liift4- Legs 50/50. Hit a new PR with 2 40 lb dumbbells for my bridges. Booty was 🔥!
  • spirit7125
    Today was a rest day but I did spend the whole day cleaning the house and meal
    Prepping for the week. Not too much rest I’m afraid!
  • spirit7125
    Good morning!
    Still feeling sore from Saturday’s work so I did a low impact hiit just to loosen up. Planning on two mile walk later as well.
    https://youtu.be/MiJ2OtqhJGw
  • spirit7125
    Good morning! Today was upper body strength. Weider 5-3-1 program including strict press, push press, biceps, triceps, chest, shoulders, and an work. Have a great day!
  • rosebud69155
    Do you ever post from your phone and then hit "done" instead of post reply? And you're so frustrated you don't come back to repost? Yeah, that happened yesterday. LOL.

Yesterday started Week 4 of my calendar. Started off with Liift4 - Chest & Triceps then did The Work - Full Body Push/Pull. So basically yesterday was ALL upper body.

Today was The Work - Strength & Endurance followed by 10 Rounds - Boxing 1. I added a medium weight resistance band around my thighs for the boxing and kept with the weighted gloves.

Have a kick *kitten* Tuesday all!! <3
  • mermaidgirle
    Happy Tuesday! I love waking up early before work to exercise lol. I did a 2 mile Leslie Sansone Walk at Home video, and threw in some 2lb dumbbells to work my arms some. I have also lost 5lbs in 2 weeks-is weight loss ok to say here? I try not to focus on the scale but I do need to lose some weight so that my health has the benefits elsewhere such as blood pressure and A1C. Plus there are some fitness classes and activities that I really want to be in range to experience! Anyways, I have already been able to half my blood pressure medication doses.
    5c54jz9ni3sv.png
  • spirit7125
    Good morning! Haha yes. I’ve written a whole post and hit the wrong button. It’s super frustrating. Great job on the band while boxing. I think I’d fall on my face lol.
    I don’t mind talking weight loss either. Great job on lowering your bp meds! I’m sure your A1C will be much improved with even small amounts of weight loss.
    So my alarm went off this morning at 530 but I’m not feeling motivated after drinking wine at my friends house last night. It’s our tiny group that will get me to do it though and for that I am grateful. My plan is:
    20 min amrap
    10 burpees
    10 medball thrusters (20#)
    10 abmat sit-ups
    10 push ups
    100 meter run

Have a great day ladies!
  • spirit7125
    Good morning! Yesterday was a rest day and I had a sore throat so I was freaking out. Today I feel fine and have the day off. Plan is deadlifts and back squats from weider 5-3-1 and going for a hike later. Enjoy the day!
  • mermaidgirle
    Happy Friday! Today I found this fun little holiday pop:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I3TMBWd0ZUk
  • mermaidgirle
    Today was hiking day, one of my favorite activities! gwn6noca22bq.jpg
  • spirit7125
    Hey there!! Nice work! Yesterday I did this
  • spirit7125