What We're Eating

Replies

• skelterhelter
    skelterhelter Posts: 803 Member
    edited November 2020
    Yesterday's Feast:

Breakfast: Two fried eggs. Coffee with Equal and Trader Joe's Coconut and Almond Creamer.

Brunch: I went out with coworkers to a cool coffee spot that does fun lattes and has great food, so I knew my calories would go over (to be fair, I did get in a walk). I had two pumpkin pancakes with sugar-free syrup, a few bites of my friend's "Loaded Homies", which were cheese-covered diced potatoes topped with sour cream, scallions, and scrambled egg, and the star of the show, my pumpkin dirty chai latte called Beetlejuice. It was a frothy pumpkin chai latte with a shot of espresso, and the froth was colored green :) So fun!

Dinner: I still wasn't hungry so I just had a lemon herb salmon filet and brussel sprouts.

Dessert: Nada Moo Peppermint Bark ice cream.
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,742 Member
    edited November 2020
    Breakfast: oatmeal with peanut butter & strawberry jam mixed in, coffee.

Lunch: ham & provolone panini and homemade tomato-based veggie soup. Gala apple.

Dinner: 2 veggie sausage links, decaf coffee and 1.5 Belgian waffle with the pieces topped a few different ways (butter & sugar free syrup, lemon curd, fresh blackberries)
  • Oliveciabatta
    Oliveciabatta Posts: 294 Member
    Day off today so went a bit fancy

Breakfast: asparagus spears wrapped with streaky bacon and a poached egg
    Lunch: home made vegetable borscht
    Snacks: coke zero, apple and a protein nut bar
    Dinner: fakeaway chicken mushroom and spring onion with oyster sauce.

Weighing in at 1000 cal again so room left for a nice hot chocolate later.
  • yirara
    yirara Posts: 9,329 Member
    I cooked a big pot full of chunky tomato soup with fresh herbs today, and this will be my dinner for the coming days. As just tomato, carrot, onion and garlic isn't very filling I put in a pack of falafel that my local supermarket offered for free as a promotion, and a pile of fresh herb and cheese filled pasta. It smells fantastic. So lets see how it takes. Though, have to say as I plan to go away all day tomorrow it's likely I'll order in sushi on the way back home.
  • hawksgirl229
    hawksgirl229 Posts: 467 Member
    Breakfast
    Small mixed fruit salad, chocolate protein shake with cool whip and a drizzle of sugar free chocolate syrup, and 1 cup coffee with Splenda and half and half
    Lunch
    Bowl of chili topped with oyster crackers, sour cream and jalapeño peppers. A side of mixed veggies dipped in lite dill dip and a large diet coke.
    After lunch
    1 cup coffee with Splenda and half and half while I did some organizing around the house
    Dinner
    Thinking peaches and cottage cheese right now and for sure a few Christmas cookies 🍪 😋 @ athijade I hope your back feels better soon🌷
  • Evamutt
    Evamutt Posts: 2,261 Member
    I usually have this sandwich every morning: english muffin with 3g butter, egg makers(3Tbl), slice of velveeta cheese & either 4 thin slices of ham lunchmeat, 2 jimmy dean turkey breakfast sausage patties or some bacon. I usually have a small snack for lunch...I eat breakfast at lunch & fills me up till dinner. For dinner today either a grilled chicken thigh or I make a burrito with roast pork, pinto beans, cheese, salsa on couple corn tortia's oh, and green juice I make with both meals. for snack I usually have non fat plain greek yogurt with 2-4 Tbl of cool whip & swiss miss no sugar added hot cocoa mix mixed in
  • Today I spent an hour at three different stores so I ate a little more.
    Breakfast: A pork sausage and American cheese English muffin sandwich. 2 large mugs of hot tea
    Lunch: Pulled pork with barbecue sauce on a bun, small bag of Fritos. 24 ounce glass of iced citrus green tea.
    Afternoon snack: 20 ounces of hot tea, and a Rice Krispies treat.
    Dinner: Fettucini Alfredo, with diced grilled chicken and a garnish of chopped bacon and shaved Parmesan cheese. A piece of garlic toast. (Boyfriend had all this on grilled zucchini instead of pasta, as he can't do pasta. He recommends this highly.)
    Evening snack: Two Danish butter cookies and a 20 ounce mug of decaf tea.
  • rainingribbons
    rainingribbons Posts: 1,051 Member
    Breakfast: Coffee with creamer
    Lunch: 3 chicken strips, 4 nuggets, and a small fry from Chick Fil A with sauce
    Snack: Greek yogurt and raspberries, another coffee later on
    Dinner: Chicken tortilla soup
    Snack: If needed a peanut butter protein bar
  • Walkywalkerson
    Walkywalkerson Posts: 453 Member
    Yesterday.
    Brunch - wholemeal pitta, marmite cheese omelette.

Lunch - wholemeal pitta , hummus, falafels, beetroot salad, broccoli , peppers and balsamic vinegar.

Snack - almonds
  • Walkywalkerson
    Walkywalkerson Posts: 453 Member
    And a fibre bar I forgot about 😄
  • Athijade
    Athijade Posts: 3,227 Member
    Breakfast: 2 hard boiled eggs, 2 chicken sausage patties, toast
    Lunch: Udon noodle soup with broccoli, 1 boiled eggs, and kimchi
    Snack: None
    Dinner: Chicken Biryani, pakora, naan, and a mango lassi
    Snack: Piece of Japanese roll cake in Strawberry and hot chocolate
  • yirara
    yirara Posts: 9,329 Member
    yirara wrote: »
    I cooked a big pot full of chunky tomato soup with fresh herbs today, and this will be my dinner for the coming days. As just tomato, carrot, onion and garlic isn't very filling I put in a pack of falafel that my local supermarket offered for free as a promotion, and a pile of fresh herb and cheese filled pasta. It smells fantastic. So lets see how it takes. Though, have to say as I plan to go away all day tomorrow it's likely I'll order in sushi on the way back home.

Despite me being frozen from my bike ride (thanks a lot Raynaud!) I will have sushi today. Now what a surprise! :D
  • rainingribbons
    rainingribbons Posts: 1,051 Member
    Breakfast: 2 eggs scrambled with kale added in, morningstar breakfast patty, slice of homemade rosemary bread
    Snack: Coffee with creamer
    Lunch: Leftover kale and sausage soup
    Snack: Greek yogurt with raspberries, grande peppermint mocha
    Dinner: Dark chocolate kodiak cakes with nutella
  • Today was a toasted English muffin with butter and hot tea.
    Lunch was chicken nuggets with barbecue sauce and Fritos.
    Afternoon snack was a cup of hot tea and a Rice Krispies treat.
    Dinner was a taco salad and a KitKat fun-size bar afterward. (That may have been too much lettuce for my IBS, but it was tasty.)
    Evening snack will be two Danish butter cookies and hot tea, unless I do another 20 minutes on the bike, in which case I'll have four. (grin)
  • Athijade
    Breakfast: 2 hard boiled eggs, toast
    Lunch: Cheeseburger, fries, sprite
    Dinner: Korean sheet pan chicken rice bowl
    Snack: Chocolate chip cookie
  • Oliveciabatta
    Oliveciabatta Posts: 294 Member
    Lazy Saturday

Breakfast: none
    Lunch: small baked potato with tuna and sweetcorn
    Dinner: my turn to cook, making italian meatballs in marinara sauce with home made bread, tagliatelle nest and a home made chocolate brownie for dessert 🍨

Still all under 1200 cal
  • hawksgirl229
    Breakfast
    Greek vanilla yogurt with some cottage cheese mixed in and strawberries on top. 1 cup coffee with Splenda and half and half
    Lunch
    Baked sweet potato with butter/cinnamon sugar, 1 grilled bbq pork chop, roasted broccoli/cauliflower, and 1/4 cup coleslaw(leftover and not much left in container) a large diet coke
    After lunch
    A cup of coffee with Splenda and half and half while I did some house things
    Dinner
    Probably a few Xmas cookies and a scoop of ice cream.
    Happy Saturday 🍂
  • skelterhelter
    skelterhelter Posts: 803 Member
    Yesterday:

Breakfast: a serving of hot oat bran with pumpkin puree stirred into the mixture, topped with raisins and banana slices. Coffee with Equal and non-dairy cinnamon swirl creamer from Nut Pods. It was a cozy and delicious breakfast!

Lunch/Dinner: Tori Miso Spicy ramen from a local ramen place that just opened up. It had chicken, noodles, eggs, scallions, cabbage, and chili paste in the broth. My friend and I split veggie gyoza and potato croquettes.

Dessert: Reese's Puffs ice cream from a place that infuses cereal into their soft serve. Decadent. It tastes like the milk at the bottom of a cereal bowl!

• Athijade
    Breakfast: Sausage, egg, and cheese sandwich, hot chocolate, jelly donut
    Lunch: PB&J sandwich
    Dinner: Korean sheet pan chicken rice bowl
    Snack: Chocolate glazed donut
  • hawksgirl229
    Breakfast
    Greek vanilla yogurt with some cottage cheese mixed in and topped with strawberries/a few pecans halves. 1 cup coffee with Splenda and half and half
    Mid Morning
    A large diet coke and a handful of caramel corn while running errands
    Lunch
    1/2 piece of prime rib, 6 small shrimp with cocktail sauce, mashed potatoes with sour cream, asparagus and a large diet coke
    After Lunch
    1 cup coffee with Splenda and half and half
    Dinner
    TBD still full from lunch🤗