LanaCabana537 Posts: 3,823 Member

Dashing through.....welcome to the new peeps 😊
    I will be back later to "chat"

Lana
  • LanaCabana537

I just read back to get caught up with you all~

Maureen—
    Glad that you could check in. Thank you for your election work! Sorry to hear about your mother; she is lucky to have your sister. Let us know about how things turn out with your daughter.

Runa—
    How is the housing going? Nice to hear that your body has given up a few inches! Keep chipping away at it!

Missy—
    I am so sorry that the job didn’t pan out. Keep that chin up and keep looking~~

Melissa in NYC - how is your neck feeling? Wishing you good luck as well with the job search.

Kathryn - Wow - that is a shock about the hole in the heart. Does it have to be open heart? I agree with Lynn that a second opinion is a good idea. Nice to hear that you had a mountain getaway 😊

Welcome to MelissaDi

Sara - smoke alarm?
    Glad you are having dinner with your co-worker tomorrow 🎂

Welcome to Angel

Waving to Dawn and Tracy in Tennessee and BordeauxBee and anyone else who stops by later today~~

Lana

265.0 today, what ???
    266.5 highest
    179.0 goal
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Tilliesmommy1 Posts: 5,321 Member
    edited November 2020
    Good evening,

Literally passed out after work. Cold enough where I just didnt want to get up it was nice and warm under my bundles.

Okay - Lana I was cooking last night and the smoke alarm is always a possibility it is so "sensitive". Cheeseburger casserole which will hold me over for awhile.

Crystals lets see I have a small smoky crystal slice at work think quarter size and it will be joined by another one as soon as I pay for it and it gets delivered. I have more of their jewelry and only recently looked at their other items. They have instagram and FB live shows - they used to have shows in lobbies of buildings before COVID. A Flair For Fashion.

Still getting steps in still eating massive amounts of birthday gifts. Keep walking keep walking.

Wishing all a good nice.
  • LanaCabana537
    8tganzyvp9o2.jpeg
    *** November 12th ***

Good morning everyone ☀️

Just getting us started.

Lana

265.0 today
    266.5 highest
    179.0 goal
  • LanaCabana537
    xfnliarb61tr.jpeg

Have a great day Sara !!!

XOXO
    Lana
  • melichalupa
    melichalupa Posts: 297 Member
    Happy Wishes to you Sara on your Birthday! I am also a November birthday gal, enjoy your day.

Lana: it took three days of yoga and stretching to get my neck back to normal. Who would have thought... getting older means your body doesn’t heal like it should.

I did a bulk shop buy yesterday and am feeling so good about having food in my kitchen. I am a bulk shopper and only shop once a month to save money.... but this time around I went to far and had nothing after a two month period of no shopping. So happy to have this apple I’m snacking on! Planning some recipes never felt so good.
    Gratitude is important. I am grateful for my food.

-Melissa in NYC 😎
  • LanaCabana537

Melissa - gosh, bulk shopping is the only way to go in NYC. Otherwise grocery prices can be painfully expensive.

Glad to hear that your neck is finally back to normal. It is very true about the getting older. Sadly.

Have fun with your recipe plans. 😁

Lana
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Good afternoon.

Thank you for the birthday wishes.

Passed out after work and a friend will take me out for dinner. Took a suitcase into work for someone who needed to borrow one and oh how the rumors started that I was packing my up my cubicle.

We are short staffed and the cats claws are coming out. Interesting how when the screws get tightened who gets nasty - but not surprised who it is.

Bought a couple nice cards for my Aunt with COVID to help brighten her world and got some butterflies - Lana remember the orchid card I sent you? Well I have monarch butterflies and morpho butterflies to take to work and brighten things up.

Melissa good for you for shopping once a month - I need to try for twice a month instead of weekly but I got through some things so fast (milk/salad greens for example). Yes food in the house does promote extra grazing here too....

Wishing all a good night.
  • LanaCabana537
    iatc1qaida9j.jpeg
    *** November 13th ***

😁
    Lana
  • melichalupa
    Happy Friday 😎🍕
    In New York, it’s pizza Friday... always. So prepping my dough this morning for tonight.

The trick to my bulk shopping is... don’t get any processed food. I stick to fresh, frozen or canned real foods only, (fruit vegetables protein only.) The minute I start looking at chips, cookies, candy, expensive looking snack items (why does Costco have so many chocolate covered things!?) I know I’m going to go over budget. So I just get my simple items and eat simply.
    Enjoy your Friday everyone!

-Melissa in NYC
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Happy Friday,

Acid stomach from post nasal drip and my day was shot. I will make more herb tea soon. Had to eat sugar to stay awake at work. No OT this weekend and I will probably sleep a good part of Saturday.

Friend from work is flying for wedding and will have to be quarantined at home for 2 weeks afterwards. Luckily she gets back to work the week of Christmas otherwise I told her it was going to be a "meet on a corner drug deal" kind of encounter to get her Christmas present. I have 4 bags for 4 people and I have no clue what will be in them......

Wishing all a good night. Stay safe and sane out there.
  • LanaCabana537
    pilvc6oa99b1.jpg
    *** November 14th ***

Good morning everybody~~

Melissa - you have a good plan going there. I need to follow your lead.

Sara - I hope that you get a good night's sleep, but still enjoy the day today.

I was listening to a doctor on NPR yesterday advising a caller; he said that a person should wait until day 6 after a known exposure to get a good result on a test. Although he did say that a small percentage of people don't either have symptoms or test positive until up to 14 days after catching the virus. Hence that 14-day quarantine rule, I guess.

I am very grateful that the sun has returned this morning. I asked the Cabana Boys to drag me on some kind of walk today. My knee is iffy, but if it can hold up, I really need to get that exercise.

*tossing beach bag onto favorite lounge chair for later*

Lana

264.0 today
    266.5 highest
    179.0 goal
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Good afternoon,

FOG this morning and I will say nobody has any patience on the road... so I went early and did my errands. Got groceries and hair cut.

Will be knitting and watching things online for part of the afternoon - napping is also a must.

Lana I hope you got some walking in. I need more steps so I will go before my butt gets glued to a chair.

Wave to all who follow. Stay safe and sane out there.
  • LanaCabana537
    edited November 2020
    Hey Sara - I hope that you got a nap for yourself today.

I went to the grocery store, but I did not get any formal walking in today. I should be able to do that tomorrow. Oy.

Lana
  • LanaCabana537
    4linkc6rj68c.jpeg
    *** November 15th ***

Happy Sunday everybody~~

Should I shower first, and then go for a walk, or just get out there right this minute, and shower later.....? Ugh.
    At least the sun is out 👍🏻
    Why am I such a lazy bugger?

Lana

264.0 today
    266.5 highest
    179.0 goal
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Good morning,

Lana walk and get as sweaty as you want and then shower.

Internal day which means housework and no errands. I will go help with the food pantry donations that come in but that is after lunch.

Wave to all who follow. Stay safe and sane out there.

• LanaCabana537
    2nns4o3aazj9.jpeg
    *** November 16th ***

Good morning!

I am very grateful that the sun is shining.

Yesterday I traded yard work for the walk I was going to take. I need to walk today and maybe tomorrow in order to be in shape for that Wednesday and Friday walk with the ladies. I haven't been feeling well, and I was nursing that hurting knee, which seems to be mostly better. Crossing my fingers it stays OK.

BBL

Lana

264.0 today
    266.5 highest
    179.0 goal
  • melichalupa
    Happy Monday,
    Spent the weekend cleaning the apartment and running errands. Feeling lazy today...
    Attempting to get some work done today and fit a workout in somewhere.
    It’s definitely feeling like November finally in New York.... sweaters OUT.

Enjoy the day everyone.
    Melissa in NYC 😎
  • brennerjlb
    brennerjlb Posts: 720 Member
    Good Monday morning.
    Sunshiny day here today. Wicked yucky yesterday. Rain/sleet/40 mile per hour wind. Stayed inside. Didn't even put my fitness tracker on. Probably got like 100 steps :wink:
    Today, Monday again I am resolving to take care of my body better. Here we go again!.
    Sara - I missed your birthday! I hope it was a good one!
    Waves to all! have a great day!
    Lynn
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Good evening,

Left my music at home and missed it. Watched my catty coworkers go after each other on email. Like this cant be documented you fools. I just sat there and laughed.

Just checked weather report, luckily my umbrella is in car or at office so I should be able to use one of them as it should rain next two days. It is so badly needed it is not funny. Just means I may walk inside to get my steps.

Lynn a day off from things may just be what you needed.

Lana keep up the walking in whatever length or form.

Melissa any exercise counts. Better sweaters than sweating too much - but that's just me.

Wishing all a good night.