Cathe Fans Part 5

Replies

• lvnascar
    lvnascar Posts: 3,414 Member
    Morning Ladies,

This morning was P30 Perfect Flow Mobility Basics + Core bonus premix. I really liked this workout, and even surprised myself at how well I could do some of the moves without experiencing to many issues. Another surprise was that I enjoyed the core workout also. It was just an overall good workout.

Laurel, Glad to hear that you where able to get in line early to vote. Some of those lines where really long. Great job on the workouts, and that you where able to do a comparison of her HiiT workout. I have to say that I really like the fact that she didn't have endless burpees. I also liked that they where not at warp speed either. For sure this workout was intense. I love that you had watch the Hocus Pocus movie before that workout. I do love to watch that one at least once during October.

Thelma, Awesome workouts! We are going to have temps in the 70's today, so I didn't need to wear a jacket into the building this morning. So nice. For sure I was winded during that HiiT workout too. I liked that it wasn't a lot of jumping jacks. That is one thing that I really don't enjoy. Also that she broke things up and made the HiiT different moves. I to hope that these temps stay up, just to get all the leaves out of the yard.

Have a great day!
    Laurie
  • StiringWendel
    StiringWendel Posts: 3,773 Member
    Hi Ladies! Today’s workout was a 45 minute HiiT and Hills ride with Peloton followed by Perfect 30 Mobility Basics and Core (same as Laurie!). I am still hoping to sign up for Cathe’s virtual Road Trip today but it doesn’t seem she has posted a link anywhere for signing up....which seems strange since it is supposed to start in 30 minutes. So.....we’ll see.

Thelma, great workouts. Your fern looks so beautiful. I am definitely going to try one next year because, as you said, they are the spring ‘thing’ down here. We are supposed to get up into the mid-70s over the weekend, which sounds fantastic to me. I am just hoping the sunshine sticks around with those temperatures. I am loving our weather at the moment.

Laurie, great workout! And I know since I did the same one today. :) I liked it even better the second time through. Like you, I don’t have too many issues with the moves but felt I used better form today since I was more familiar with the moves. And that made it feel better. I love how different this core segment is to anything Cathe has really done. Enjoy your warm weather!

See you tomorrow.

Laurel
  • ThelmaSW
    ThelmaSW Posts: 2,508 Member
    Hi Ladies, my workouts on Wednesday were Zumba and RWH LIHI Chest, Shoulders and Triceps.

Our temps were a lot warmer today and more of the same tomorrow. I'm feeling tired and guess what? We just had a full moon! Always around the full moon.

Laurie, great workouts! I've not tried those two workouts but hopefully, I'll be able to do them soon. Sounds like you had beautiful temperatures!

I also like the fact that the workout doesn't have too many jumping jacks.

Laurel, great workout combo! I need to try the mobility workout soon too! I hope you were able to join Cathe's virtual road trip!

The weather the next few days is going to be beautiful! I hope it sticks around for a while too. I've enjoyed having the fern because it is so easy to take care of. At some point it developed some caterpillars. I sprayed it with soapy water and DH and I removed all the caterpillars we found. After that DH turned the plant upside/down and gave it a good shake. It worked!

Goodnight ladies!
    Thelma
  • StiringWendel
    Hi Ladies! Today’s workout was Perfect 30 Upper Body with the bonus work. For cardio, I did Perfect 30 Low Impact and High Impact HiiT premix. Still love these workouts.

Thelma, great workout. I have been a bit tired this week too, and you might be right about the full moon. I have been blaming it on the heavier strength training! That’s very helpful information about the caterpillars. If we get a fern next year, I will be on the lookout for those for sure. I did sign up for the Road Trip yesterday, and I am looking forward to it. Enjoy the lovely weather. DH and I just returned from our walk, and I was in a short sleeve shirt and very comfortable. Not bad for November!

See you tomorrow.

Laurel
  • ThelmaSW
    Hi Ladies, Thursdays workouts were Zumba and RWH LIHI Back, Shoulders and Biceps.

We had beautiful warm and sunny weather and will continue like this through next week. My tender plants are back on the deck!

Laurel, great workout combo!! The Perfect 30 workouts are great!

I had never paid attention to the moon phases but my yoga/meditation instructor is very much into that. The last three months I've been able to associate having the tireds to the full moon phase.

About the fern caterpillars - DH and I both had two long sticks that we used to grab the caterpillars with. Chopstick style! LOL
    I'm glad you were able to sign up for the zoom road trip! I hope you enjoy it.

Have a wonderful weekend!
    Thelma
  • lvnascar
    Morning Ladies,

Sorry I wasn't on yesterday, but I had three interviews to get ready for. My workout yesterday was P30 Perfect Pump Lower Body, seriously good workout and I did put on my weighted vest. I only took it off for the pulsing lunges. My butt was sore yesterday. :D This morning was 30MTF Build & Burn Kettlebell Kickbox Fusion. We are suppose to have some good weather this weekend, so I'm hoping that we can get outside. I'm taking some days off next week, just hope that the weather stays nice.

Laurel, Love the workouts! I'm now looking forward to doing that mobility workout again, since it sounds like you enjoyed it the second time around. I think it helps that it isn't all yoga moves. With all the interviewing that I have been doing, I totally forgot about the virtual road trip. Will have to check it out if I have time today.

Thelma, Great workouts! Nice that you are having the nice weather. Love that you are keeping your plants alive. We didn't move ours so they are pretty much toast. I really do like these P30 workouts a lot, and I hope that Cathe continues to add to the collection. I like Kelly, but she doesn't have a good heavy weight workout that is in this time frame. I use the soapy water method on the Japanese beetles that we have. Once you spray them with that they just start falling off the bushes. It sounds like rain falling.

Have a great weekend,
    Laurie
  • StiringWendel
    Hi Ladies! Today’s workout was Perfect 30 Lower Body w/bonus premix followed by a fun 30 minute spin with Peloton. And DH and I took a nice walk in the sunshine, which felt great. We are supposed to be close to the 80s this weekend. Normally this time of year I am looking for cozy weather, but I think because of the pandemic and being home all the time, I am so happy that we are having warm temperatures and sunshine.

Thelma, great workouts. I have never paid any attention to moon cycles either. If I don’t see the moon, I would never know what cycle it is in. B) But maybe I should pay more attention to whether it impacts me.

Laurie, great workouts. I am glad you enjoyed the lower body workout too. These strength workouts from Perfect 30 are so good for being shorter workouts. I love that Cathe took them heavy because, as you mentioned about KCM, there just aren’t many options for 30 minute heavy strength workouts out there. I am looking forward to the Road Trip. There are only four workouts—one on Friday, three on Saturday with one of those a yoga/mobility workout. So it won’t be quite as tough as the one we attended. And since I will be at home, it will be easier to get meals and such. It will just be something different which I haven’t experienced much of this year.

Enjoy the weekend.

Laurel
  • ThelmaSW
    Hi Ladies, I hope you had a great weekend. We had a very nice and quiet weekend. The fall foliage finally picked here and WOW! You should see all the gold and red tones all across the the valley and the mountains. Gorgeous!

My workouts on Friday were low impact cardio and gentle yoga. My workouts on Sunday were Revive and Restore Yoga and Athletic Training Workout. Between yoga and Cathe my butt and my inner thighs are hurting! LOL
    I'm so excited about this new rotation!

Two of the instructors from my former yoga studio offered a free Zoom class today and it was great. Something happened at the studio because 4 out of the 9 instructors left. I knew my favorite one was going to leave to start an online yoga community. She used to own her own studio but sold it when she had her first child. I can't wait till she starts teaching regularly.

We've had glorious weather on top of the beautiful foliage colors. The beautiful weather should continue this week. Hopefully ETA won't come this way!

Laurie, interviews are not fun! Great workouts! LOL about your butt being sore!

Normally the plants I buy in the summer die on their own before the frost. This year though the fern and the mixed plant I put together is doing well and I want to save both if possible. During the cold spell DH would take the plants out of the garage so they could get some daylight and would put them back inside in the afternoon. He's so good! Sorry you couldn't save your plants!

I hope Cathe continues to add to the P30 collection too. Maybe it's time to review the collection so she knows we love it!
    I can't believe the falling Japanese beetles sounded like rain falling. DH continues with his battle against the Asian lady beetles. He's sealed every possible hole he's found under the deck, inside and out. This week will be the test week for us.

Laurel, fantastic workouts! I'm so glad your DH continues to walk with you. Is he still working from home full-time?

I'm with you on moon. If I don't see it I never know what cycle it's in. I honestly only started paying attention recently when my instructor said people feel energetic around the full moon. The other ladies in the group said they felt energetic and I was the only one who experienced the opposite. So far I've been consistent!

Have a wonderful week!
    Thelma
  • StiringWendel
    Hi Ladies! Hope you enjoyed the weekend. Ours was pretty quiet. But, like Thelma described, autumn is showing its beauty right now. I can’t believe the warm and sunny weather we are having. For workouts, on Saturday I did a Jessica Smith Power Walk followed by 45 minutes of Power Yoga with Kristin McGee/Peloton. Yesterday I started with a 15 minute HiiT ride with Peloton....just to get the heart rate up. And then I did a Cathe Live combo of Metabolic Lower Body and Metabolic Upper Body. It was a long workout but not too intense at all. Today’s workout, on the other hand.... :o . I did a 45 minute HiiT and Hills workout with one of Peloton’s tougher instructors (at least in my view) and it was borderline brutal! I followed with a 10 minute cool down, and it took that long to feel like myself again. Then I did Perfect 30 Yoga Strength and Flexibility and Core Bonus. I enjoyed this yoga workout more this time than my first time through it. Maybe it was because I was exhausted going into it, but it felt very good in my body today with a nice blend of work and stretch. One thing I especially enjoyed was the pace of the workout today. There is no rush going on here.

Thelma, great workouts! I was reviewing the new rotation over the weekend, and I think it should be really fun. I am glad you are already enjoying it! I am sure our colors are nothing on yours, but it sure has been beautiful here. Saturday morning was so stunning, I took a cup of coffee on to the deck and just sat there and watched a very tall tree with bright red leaves sway in the wind against a bright blue sky. I could have stayed there forever. :) There is nothing better than a beautiful autumn, and this one is definitely that. My DH is home 3-4 days a week right now. As things stand, he has to go into work at least once a week, but the bulk of the time he is here. And given the virus situation, I wish he was here more than that. :)

Enjoy the day.

Laurel
  • ThelmaSW
    Hi Ladies, we had another warm, sunny day here in GA! Amazing weather!
    My workout on Monday was Perfect30 Low Impact HIIT. I made it a little high impact to make the workout a little harder. This is like a squat workout! LOL.

Laurel, I'm glad you're also having the same beautiful weather and foliage colors we're having here in GA.
    Great workouts! OMG, you just cracked me up with the "borderline brutal' workout description! I'm so glad you enjoyed the P30 yoga workout more the second time around!

I also think the rotation should be fun. You always put great rotations together for us! Thank you!

Isn't it amazing how all of a sudden the foliage colors just popped? All of us here in BR actually thought we were done with the foliage after ZETA.

We had brunch out on the deck on Sunday and it was great. I've been really distracted with the foliage colors. I just can't stop admiring the colors! This autumn is simply gorgeous. It wasn't this colorful last year at all.

I can totally understand about you wanting your DH to work from home full-time Laurel. Are masks still mandatory there? I hope he has to wear one at when he is at work.

Good night!
    Thelma
  • StiringWendel
    Hi Ladies! Today’s workout started with Perfect 30 Pump, and I did the Lower Body and Upper Body premix with the LB and UB bonus sections. With the extended stretch, it was 74 minutes long. My love for these strength workouts increases every time I do them. The big difference I felt today in doing lower followed by upper was in my forearms. I was still able to stay with the weight, but back and biceps were a little tough! Good stuff and it didn’t feel stupidly long. :) I followed it with Cathe Live Low Impact Cardio Sweat and Core. This one was from a few weeks ago and really surprised me in how fun it was. It was eight rounds of two cardio moves and one metabolic move. And the core section was full of new moves! I will definitely be doing this one again.

Thelma, great workout. I love that you can add intensity to the Perfect 30 Low Impact workout if you want, but don’t necessarily have to. And I agree that it is one leg workout too. DH and I were wondering when autumn was going to arrive too, and this is the week apparently. Coming down the stairs from my workout room today had me stopping in my tracks just to stare out the windows at the colors outside. This is, hands down, the prettiest autumn we have seen here....and this is now our third. :o Yes, we still have a mask mandate here though the governor relaxed social distancing restrictions last week for restaurants, salons, gyms, etc. Given that I don’t go to any of those, it won’t impact me except for the fact we will continue to see cases keep rising in our community. DH has to wear a mask at work, and we have talked about limiting his going in as much as possible through the winter. I know he prefers to be there some days just to have access to some things. But he also accepts that being home is just better right now. Besides, one thing he doesn’t miss about going to work is the early alarm to beat the traffic! That’s a huge enticement for staying home. :D

Until tomorrow.

Laurel
  • ThelmaSW
    Hi Ladies, my workouts on Tuesday were Zumba and LIS Total Body Trisets Express.

Laurel, great workouts!! I hope Cathe comes up with more workouts like P30.

A lady in BR said that in the 10 years she's lived here, she's never seen foliage colors like the ones we're having now.

I'm glad you still have a mask mandate and that your DH has to wear a mask at work. I think other states going to mandate masks and quarantines too. I honestly have no idea what is going on with the virus in the country anymore.
    I'm sure your DH appreciates having to work at home and not having to get up early to bit the traffic.

Good night!
    Thelma
  • StiringWendel
    Hi Ladies! Today’s workout was a 70 minute spin with Peloton followed by Perfect 30 Mobility Basics. Good stuff.

Thelma, great workouts. I was thinking this morning after the Mobility workout that I really hope there are more workouts like these Perfect 30 workouts in the future. I really enjoy all of them. I love the equal balance of strength, cardio and flexibility because I think that equal balance of those three is something I need to focus on more and more as I get older. So good.

Talking to my sisters in Colorado has me convinced that whatever is going on with this virus, it isn’t good at all. Their state caseload is double ours here in Alabama, and their population is less than a million more. And Alabama is not in good shape at all. They both know more and more people getting it. In the high school my oldest sister works in, they have only opened the school for special needs students (my sister is a special needs teacher), meaning there are only three teachers....and one is out on quarantine along with one of my sister’s aides. And this with less than 20 students and three weeks back. I am just glad DH and I (like you and your DH) haven’t altered our ways much this year at all so I feel we are mentally equipped to handle further lockdowns....since they won’t really impact us at all. We’ll see. But I think the period between Thanksgiving and Christmas may be horrible.

And on that bright note :# .....enjoy the day! B)

Laurel
  • ThelmaSW
    Hi Ladies, my workouts today were Zumba and house cleaning. I wanted to do the Mobility workout but I didn't have time.

Laurel, great workouts. I find that as I get older shorter/efficient workouts are better for me. I find the Perfect 30 workouts very efficient and effective.

Sadly this virus isn't going anywhere. I heard today that the virus is spreading in the US and some governors already are restricting people. I think it was to be expected that now that people are spending more time indoors the virus would spread more.
    Sorry things are not going well in Alabama or Colorado. I don't know how things are in GA but at least our county doesn't seem to bad. Sounds like your sister has a huge workload even when an assistant but more so now that she is alone.

Another lockdown won't affect us because we're always home and only go out when absolutely necessary. Our Thanksgiving and Christmas holidays won't be any different than any other year. It's usually just the two of us.

Good night and enjoy the warm weather while we have it!
    Thelma
  • lvnascar
    Morning ladies,

Had some really nice time off these last three days with quilting. The weather was just awesome, and now we are back to our normal cold temps. My workouts where P30 Upper Body on Monday, P30 Low Impact HiiT on Tuesday (totally love this one), P30 Yoga Flow Strength & Flexibility yesterday, and this morning was Jessica Smith's Boost Metabolism + Muscle Circuit #3 Total Focus.

I will catch up with all of you as I can, I have to get busy catching up with from being off.

Have a great day!
    Laurie
  • StiringWendel
    Hi Ladies! Today’s workout started with a 20 minute HiiT spin with Peloton, then I moved right into LITE PHA 2 and did the doubled premix. I really am beginning to love doing the PHA workouts right after a short spin. Something about having the heart rate already elevated makes the cardio element in the PHA workouts really stand out. Good stuff.

Thelma, great workouts, and, yes, housework is a workout! For me, the most effective workouts for my body still involve using heavy weights. But, mentally, I need more variety than that and, again mentally, prefer workouts like metabolic workouts where I feel like I am working everything (heart, legs, arms, etc) at once. I think this is why I keep coming back to these types of rotations we have been doing this year where I can touch on what is both good for my body and mind without an excessive amount of time in between types. Late last year and at the start of this year when we did that 12 week heavy rotation, I found it just too much for me anymore. I remember we were both exhausted the entire time!!

Laurie, so glad you enjoyed your time off. I bet it was a great time to work on your quilting. I am glad you enjoyed good weather too! Great workouts!!

See you tomorrow.

Laurel
  • ThelmaSW
    edited November 2020
    Hi Ladies, my workout for Thursday was PHA 2.

Temps were cooler today and this is the going to be the trend for next week.

Laurie, I'm so glad you had a nice time and good weather during your time off! Great workouts!

Laurel, great workouts!! Doing cardio before a workout always takes the workout to the next level.

Cleaning this house is a workout; which is why I have to do it in stages. I also love the metabolic workouts for the same reasons you do.

I agree with you about the heavy rotations being too much now. I think the rotations you're putting together now are effective and enjoyable.

Things in Italy are getting pretty bad with the virus. My aunt is really scared. She is in the Lombardy region.

https://www.breitbart.com/europe/2020/11/12/italians-breaking-red-zone-quarantine-risk-up-six-years-prison/

Have a great weekend ladies!
    Thelma
  • lvnascar
    Morning Ladies,

This morning's workout was P30 Lower Body. It is really nice to have only two days to work in a week. :D

Laurel, Great workouts! I totally agree with you on the variety. I have that same problem. While I'm loving these workouts, I need to insert something else into the week. One of the reasons why I chose Jessica. I will probably alternate instructors, just to get some variety and still enjoy my workouts.

Thelma, Of course you had a great workout also. We actually had snow on the ground this morning. Granted it was just a light dusting, but it was there. Sorry to hear that your Aunt is having to go through all of this again.

Have a great day!
    Laurie
  • StiringWendel
    Hi Ladies! Today’s workout was Cathe’s live class from last week which was Metabolic Conditioning. As with her most recent live metabolic workouts, this one was a no impact/all weights workout. I really enjoyed it. I followed it with LITE Rev’d Up Rumble with Cardio Crush and Abs 1, which was a perfect way to end this week’s workouts.

Thelma, great workout. I think this was my favorite ‘recovery’ week format so far because of the variety. Hope you enjoyed it too! I am sorry to hear your aunt is going through all of this again. All of Europe seems to be in pretty bad shape, which is very unfortunate.

Laurie, great workout. I don’t think I ever want to do a long rotation again involving the same program repeated for weeks on end. The only exception would be STS, but even then the thought of it doesn’t appeal to me. I love that I get a variety of instructors through Peloton, so I don’t get tired of Cathe for other things. But my mind wants variety even in her workouts.

Enjoy the weekend.

Laurel
  • ThelmaSW
    Hi Ladies, I hope you had a nice weekend. Ours was quiet as usual. We had some rain and wind today. We're going to have cooler temps this week. Most of the trees are naked around here already.

My workout today was a Gina B Low Impact Hiit workout.

My favorite yoga instructor has started her own Zoom global yoga community and classes will start this week. I can't wait try classes from the different instructors. She will have her cousin teach Barre again. I can't wait! The prices are very reasonable too. Way cheaper than the other studio.

Thanks ladies for your kind words about my aunt. Poor thing.

Laurie, great workouts! It really is nice to have those short work weeks!
    I can't believe you had snow again! It just seems so early but I guess not for your area.

Laurel, great workout combo!! I love these recovery weeks too.
    Europe is in really bad shape.

Have a great week ladies!
    Thelma