November 2020 Monthly Running Challenge

Replies

• shanaber
    shanaber Posts: 6,373 Member
    Thanks @Faebert and everyone else who had suggestions on the RunKeeper issue. I also made sure RunKeeper had had access to all of the information in the Health App (run, distance, time, etc.) but nope it doesn't come across. I am also surprised it doesn't acknowledge my manually entered run. Oh well. I am planning to run again tomorrow and I typically get 4 miles anyway so it should be fine. I will run RunKeeper on my phone and Strava on my watch if it will let me. Otherwise I will just use RunKeeper. I used to use it ages ago as my primary running app. I knew there was a reason I moved away from it... Oh and even the RaceRoster support has issues. I used the link on the website under FAQs to submit an issue request and it came back that I used to wrong address... forwarded it to the 'correct' address but still have heard nothing. I am guessing they are overwhelmed with all the issues.
  • angmarie28
    angmarie28 Posts: 2,777 Member
    11/1-1.5
    11/2-1.25
    11/3-1.25
    11/4-1.25
    11/5-1.5
    11/6-1.5
    11/7-3.1
    11/8-2.75
    11/9-1.75
    11/10-2.25
    11/11-1.5
    11/12-1.75

Total-21.35/50
  • polskagirl01
    polskagirl01 Posts: 2,010 Member
    shanaber wrote: »
    Thanks @Faebert and everyone else who had suggestions on the RunKeeper issue. I also made sure RunKeeper had had access to all of the information in the Health App (run, distance, time, etc.) but nope it doesn't come across. I am also surprised it doesn't acknowledge my manually entered run. Oh well. I am planning to run again tomorrow and I typically get 4 miles anyway so it should be fine. I will run RunKeeper on my phone and Strava on my watch if it will let me. Otherwise I will just use RunKeeper. I used to use it ages ago as my primary running app. I knew there was a reason I moved away from it... Oh and even the RaceRoster support has issues. I used the link on the website under FAQs to submit an issue request and it came back that I used to wrong address... forwarded it to the 'correct' address but still have heard nothing. I am guessing they are overwhelmed with all the issues.
    I sent one to Runkeeper because everyone else on my team had their legs show up on RaceRoster almost immediately and mine is still not there. Couldn't find an address for RaceRoster and didn't want to make a login. Hopefully it will go through...
  • RunsOnEspresso
    RunsOnEspresso Posts: 3,218 Member
    I ended up going a little farther than my leg (3.35) and waited until I got home to check runkeeper. It saw my garmin. Then I promptly deleted Garmin from runkeeper and runkeeper from my phone. LOL It doubled up my run on myfitnesspal because I guess I still had runkeeper connected!
  • skippygirlsmom
    skippygirlsmom Posts: 4,433 Member
    11/1 – 5 miles
    11/2 – 10K Monday
    11/3 – 3 miles with Champ
    11/4 – rest day
    11/5 – 10K
    11/6 – 1.6 miles
    11/7 – 9.25 Cathedral Caverns 15K trail race
    11/8 – 4 miles – with Champ light recovery
    11/9 – 3 miles – more recovery quads are screaming
    11/10 – 5 miles
    11/11 – 7 miles
    11/12 – 3 miles with Champ

52 (54.37) of 120 miles

@brittanystebbins95 yes the passing of PastVincent was quite a shock for all of us.

Races:
    58.3 of 250 miles Yuletide Madness
    Mother’s Day Virtual 5K – done
    Retro Run Virtual 5K – done
    Rona on the Run - Virtual for St. Jude benefit - done
    Keep Moving Huntsville - at least one mile a day 1 - 31 May - done
    The Big Run - June 3 - done
    NEGU virtual run - June - Team NEGU helping support kids with cancer - done
    Big Foot Wild Thangs Trail Race 5K/10K – June 20 on the trails…all together like a real race - done
    Run 4 on the 4th – Virtual 4 miles on 4th of July - done
    ISS Virtual 5K in July – done
    Jackalope Trail Run 4 miler – done
    Flora-Bama 600K - Virtual race from Huntsville AL to the Florida Alabama state line in Orange Beach – done
    Scooby Doo Virtual 10K - done
    Skunk Ape 5 miler August 1 trail race in person – done
    Pirate Challenge – 10 weeks mile challenge June – August – done
    Chupacabra 10K/HM – August 22 - done
    Running of the Bulls Virtual 5K – 9/14 – 30/2020 - done
    The Pinhoti Trail Challenge 335 miles virtual – 1 Sept to 31 Dec – done
    PinkPumpkin 10K – completed 10/30
    2020 Liberty Road Challenge WWII soldiers journey from St. Mere Eglisde to Bastogne, Belgium – charity virtual run for the WII museum in New Orleans 716 miles team event 4 July – September – our team has finished
    Space Race 400K Challenge 12 weeks running 248.5 miles to the ISS – August to November – done
    Bridge Street HM Virtual – 10/24 – 11/7/2020 – virtual done
    Halloween 5K virtual with Fleet Feet – 10/31/2020 - done
    Yuletide Madness Oct 31 – Dec 31 2020
    Oak Barrel Half Marathon – October – running virtual - done
    Cathedral Caverns 15K trail race – in person - done

• quilteryoyo
    quilteryoyo Posts: 5,884 Member
    @hamsterwheel6 Hugs for your personal issues. Hope the treadmill run helped.
  • hamsterwheel6
    hamsterwheel6 Posts: 544 Member
    @hamsterwheel6 Hugs for your personal issues. Hope the treadmill run helped.

Thank you. It did. For that time I thought of nothing but my music and the peloton coach in my head. It was long but it felt really good to have done it.
  • Scott6255
    Scott6255 Posts: 2,408 Member
    @quilteryoyo that sounds like a good plan. I hope you can sleep better now that you aren't worrying from one day to the next if it is going to happen.
  • kgirlhart
    kgirlhart Posts: 4,950 Member
    November Goal: 100 Miles

11/1: 11.02 miles
    11/3: 4.35 miles
    11/4: 4.35 miles
    11/7: 13.51 miles
    11/11: 4.51 miles
    11/12: 5.27 miles

43.02/100 miles completed for November

1219.04/1000 miles for Run the Year Team Pavement

I ran 5.25 miles this morning.  I took it pretty slow and easy,  but was faster than yesterday.  I felt better today too and enjoyed the run more. It was perfect running weather so that helped.  I thought about running tomorrow since I took Tuesday off, but I think some extra rest this week will be good for me, so I am just going to do yoga in the morning.  I am planning to run my leg of the Ekiden on Sunday.  I see that the rest of my team has done their legs. Great job guys! I do promise I will get mine done.

exercise.png

2020 races:
    11/7/20: Run for 57th AHC Half Marathon
  • quilteryoyo
    11/1 Ran 3.0 miles – Walked 1.0 mile - Treadmill
    11/2 Ran 3.0 miles – Walked 1.0 mile – Treadmill
    11/3 Rest day – 11,626 steps
    11/4 Ran 3.0 miles – Walked 1.0 mile – Treadmill
    11/5 Helped saw wood – 11,266 steps
    11/6 Ran 3.0 miles – Walked 1.50 miles – Field and Driveway laps
    11/7 Roan Mountain 10K – According to Garmin, I actually did 6.33 miles
    11/8 Rest day – 11,555 steps
    11/9 Ran 3.0 miles – Walked 1.5 miles – Field and Driveway laps
    11/10 No Run Day - Worked in the leaves
    11/11 Rest day – 9,273 steps
    11/12 Ran 3.5 miles – Walked 1.0 mile – Driveway laps

Did my run after I got home from shopping this morning. It was 66°F and cloudy, so felt pretty good. I just did some easy driveway laps. I did decide that I want to slowly increase my mileage again, so ran a little bit further than I have been - doing the last half of a mile at a faster pace. The run felt good today. A WHOLE lot better than Monday's!
  • kgirlhart
    kgirlhart Posts: 4,950 Member
    @quilteryoyo I'm glad you have a plan in place. I'm sure the uncertainty was very stressful.
  • rheddmobile
    rheddmobile Posts: 6,840 Member
    Hoping all the Ekiden runners get the technical issues sorted out! It sounds really cool.

I’ve done three runs since my last post. One was my husband’s birthday run, we did 5.2 miles on trails for his 52nd birthday. Had a lovely time exploring more of the Wolf River.

We found some edible puffballs and brought them home to cook but then I left them on the counter overnight and by the next morning they had started to turn from perfectly white to yellow, too old to eat. So I tossed them under my trees, hoping the spores will take hold. I won’t risk most wild mushrooms but puffballs in our area are perfectly safe as long as you cut them open to be sure it really is a puffball and not a baby mushroom of another type that hasn’t opened yet, make sure they are growing out of dirt and not out of a tree, and only eat them when they are pure white. Sautéed puffballs with a little butter and white wine are just the best thing - but we did birthday stuff late into the night and I forgot about them. And they do turn to spores super quickly!

On Wednesday we had our long run which is currently eight miles running plus at least two walking - got almost 11 miles total. This is our third time running eight, the first two were a serious chore. This one was a little better. Overall pace was more like my usual easy pace and less like my shambling tragic zombie pace and the day after my legs felt good. I figured out I need to fuel when I do eight miles - the metformin I take slows the liver from releasing stored glycogen so it’s easy for me to bonk hard. We haven’t been to a running store in forever so instead of fancy Clif Blox I fueled using Mandolorian jelly candy.

Thursday, got my usual little shakeout run behind the Kroger while my husband went in to get the shopping the pickup service didn’t get. Today they actually did a pretty good job, so I only got in a couple of miles and I had to hustle to get that! I like running while he shops, it changes it from geez I can’t believe this is taking so long to awww, are you done already? And weirdly, running a short easy run the day after a long run seems to make my legs recover faster!
  • polskagirl01
    polskagirl01 Posts: 2,010 Member
    @quilteryoyo good plan. The second scan will also help them/you know if your case is actually urgent enough to have the surgery sooner or if you can wait without worry.

@rheddmobile great job using your Kroger waiting time to do something for you!
  • quilteryoyo
    @Scott6255 Glad the sweating made you feel better!

Thanks everyone. It's amazing how much better I feel just having a plan in place. The scan is scheduled for 1 Dec. Probably won't find out the results for a couple of days after that, but hopefully will know the plan by the 4th.