Anyone on a Vegan Keto Diet?

Hello all. 💜 Been Vegan for around 7 years and I’ll be for the rest of my life! I also found that eating vegan keto has helped me best to lose weight/fat. So I’m looking for friends using the same method (keto) so that we can discuss and support each other! Please add me if you’re vegan, and also if you’re vegan keto! I need more like minded friends 💜💜💜

Replies

• scbullybrigade
    scbullybrigade Posts: 2 Member
    Hi Gizzy!
    I’ve been vegan for about six years and decided to take on the vegan keto challenge to clean up the carbs in my diet and get back to more plant based eating. I’d love to know what’s worked for you and hear about your successes.

Carly 💪🏼🌱
  • mermaidnj
    mermaidnj Posts: 166 Member
    Hi Gizzy , I would b e intrested in what keto/vegan looks like for you? It seems rice cakes and anything broken down to flour products is a trigger...
  • runcrissierun
    runcrissierun Posts: 45 Member
    I've been vegan for 13 years and went vegan keto in early March. It's been remarkable!
  • dru66mfp
    dru66mfp Posts: 11 Member
    vegan for 10 yrs and I've done vegan keto in the past, it was so great! The reason I stopped? BANANAS! I'm bananas about bananas and a happy day for me is 6 bananas or more :neutral: The only thing is, I can't shed weight on high carb diets.. I just can't..

Today is day 1 of vegan keto in 2020! The last time I did it was 4 years ago, so I have to re-learn but I didn't do too badly for day 1 :smiley:
  • CookieRehab
    CookieRehab Posts: 85 Member
    I am not currently, but I have been looking into vegan keto this week. And it has been pretty awesome. I did not think it was a doable thing, but have been having a nice time with trying all the new recipes.

In the past, I have admitted I am a carboholic. It has been so super hard to cut back on my carbs. But I am being mindful of it and trying it. And what would you know, I haven't felt like groggy poo for the last couple of days! Behold! XD
  • mermaidnj
    mermaidnj Posts: 166 Member
    I am not currently, but I have been looking into vegan keto this week. And it has been pretty awesome. I did not think it was a doable thing, but have been having a nice time with trying all the new recipes.

In the past, I have admitted I am a carboholic. It has been so super hard to cut back on my carbs. But I am being mindful of it and trying it. And what would you know, I haven't felt like groggy poo for the last couple of days! Behold! XD

LMAO , I am tired of feeling like groggy Poo!
  • Mellyajc
    Mellyajc Posts: 145 Member
    I read the ketotarian book but haven't tried too hard yet. A few recipes, and my breakfast is keto friendly supercoffee. My partner is a major carbaholic and does a lot of the cooking. We do Fresh n Lean vegan meal deliveries for one meal a day but he loves getting takeout as well.

I kind of gave up on the idea but I just for some test results back showing me low in omega 3s so upping dietary fat is back for consideration. Hard to give my calories over to supplements rather than enjoyment as I'm back at a weight I never wanted to see again. I used to run marathons, but these days 2 mile runs feel tougher than they should, and while I used to play 3 games of ice hockey back to back, I played an hour on Thursday that left me bedridden Friday. I miss my old active life.

So... tangential to the topic of this post, but tasty, satisfying, high omega-3 recipe suggestions would be helpful!
  • durhammfp
    durhammfp Posts: 496 Member
    Not sure if the OP is still looking for vegan keto resources, but this looks like it has some interesting ideas:
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCrpsh8DTCnr-_8CCcCCuK9Q