Bad day yesterday

Made common mistake for me- waited too long to eat lunch- 2:30- made poor choices could not get full. Then husband wanted to eat dinner and I went along to be agreeable- weight way up today!!! Must not do that. Any one else have a husband that wants company when he eats?? And wants me to eat the same amount?? Although he is twice my size

Replies

• umbramirror
    umbramirror Posts: 256 Member
    I understand what you're dealing with. My fiance doesn't make me eat anything I don't want to eat, but he does eat much more than me and sometimes I feel pressured to join him. Also, sometimes he'll eat some choices I see as not as healthy, and when I make a healthier choice there are times I wish I could eat the way he does. The pressure sometimes makes me cave, so I definitely get how difficult it can be when a significant other eats differently than you do.

However, as @mylittlerainbow mentioned, today is a new day and you can make even better choices from now on. As I'm sure you know, the spike in weight is mostly just water retention so don't worry too much! As soon as you go back to regular habits, it will go back down.
  • mariannesacks2018
    mariannesacks2018 Posts: 12 Member
    Thank you all. I did not realize I had received these great responses until today. However I had the same issue last night and so seeing them this morning was really helpful. Thank you
  • freda666
    freda666 Posts: 338 Member
    Being a widow does have its advantages. And I also get watch what I want on the TV. :o
  • B_Plus_Effort
    B_Plus_Effort Posts: 311 Member
    hey it happens, and let's not always blame the husband, ha ha, my wife eats like crap, fact is she's not shoving food down my throat so you are in control of what goes into your mouth

I've had Saturday nights where I put on 4 pounds in one day and undo the entire week of progress, here's a graph of my 30 day weight loss to prove it, ha ha

you need a contingency plan, ask yourself what will I do when I have a run away meal?

you have choices

1. ignore it and keep going
    2. quit (hope you don't take this option)
    3. fast the next day (this will scare you out of over eating, I know it does me)
    4. you come up with your own idea

just trying to help, a lot of times people just need a kick in the pants

yo3gnhau9uih.jpg