The Sober Squad- Alcohol Free Living

Replies

• RubyRed427
    RubyRed427 Posts: 4,155 Member
    dbanks80 wrote: »
    WOW @JenT304 that is awesome weight loss!! Congratulations! It makes a huge difference with no alcohol.

@RubyRed427 You got this! I know you will refrain and be strong.

I am doing well. Haven't been drinking. My Alpha Strength class is having a dinner get together. I cannot make it because i have to work tonight. Glad i have an excuse not to drink.

Next Thursday I am going to ATL to celebrate my sisters 50th bday. She already told me she bought a case of champagne!! Good grief!! I am feeling a little anxiety around that. This is the first time seeing her since my son's funeral and I DO NOT want this trip to turn into a pity party about me. I told her I am celebrating her bday. I dont want to about my son, her nephew. I need a nice break.

Hope you all have a great weekend!!

I have been thinking of you. It may be hard to abstain but you can do it. You may want to have a mantra "not one sip" or " I will feel so good in the morning."

When I went to Nashville with friends for a weekend, they drank in each and every bar. I tagged along and had my fill of club soda with a lime, but I also went to Starbucks a few times for specialty coffee drinks. So, have a back up- bring some good alternatives or go and get coffee for a treat. Order AF mojitos or other AF drinks.

Best part of your trip may be mornings- beautiful breakfasts, maybe a hike, delicious coffees and NO hangover. That will be so refreshing!! Enjoy your sister's birthday <3

• SunnyDays930
    SunnyDays930 Posts: 1,479 Member
    @donimfp I too have politics and pandemic fatigue. I think most of us do. Have not figured out how to explain to my husband's 90 year old father who is an anti-masker science denier, that none of us intend to have Thanksgiving with him. I feel guilty but we need to all do our part. I will not even be seeing our granddaughters because we are all trying to play by the rules so we get out of this nightmare.
    My husband just left for a day and night at the beach with his sister and boyfriend who are all in our germ pod. Frankly I am happy he went without me 1. because surely the wine, beer and probably scotch will be flowing, along with overeating and 2. I have seen him all day every day for 7 months and I need a break! I will enjoy the blessed silence with my 2 dogs and my tea.
    Happy, peaceful, and sober Sunday to all of you, my Squad friends. <3
  • SunnyDays930
    SunnyDays930 Posts: 1,479 Member
    correction: Father in Law. My own father is no longer with us. Plus he would have worn a %$# mask, gladly. He was in the Secret Service and would be horrified that 130 agents now have it, thanks to those super spreader rallies.
  • RubyRed427
    @JenT304 Enjoy the solitude!! xo
  • donimfp
    donimfp Posts: 795 Member
    @JenT304, 24/7 for 7 months? I hereby nominate you for sainthood!
  • RubyRed427
    @FeelinFooFoo 23 days already? Wow- you are doing amazing!!