The Last 20 lbs Progress Photo Thread

Options

Replies

• JessBbody
    JessBbody Posts: 523 Member
    Options
    @nexangelus
    very impressive with the lifting and muscle development. Makes me want to go back to lifting so much!

@robynmac5819
    wow! Your weight loss / inches lost is tremendous! Very cool especially to see the changes in your face. You look like a different person!

Thank you ladies for posting. You're doing a fantastic job.
  • nexangelus
    nexangelus Posts: 2,081 Member
    Options
    @robynmac5819 BOOYAH!

Strength training will make such a difference. I mean you look awesome now, but bigger lean mass means more shapely....I did strength training even when bigger, as I wanted to maintain the lean mass I already had. I prefer strength training, but do cardio too, cos heart and lung health.

My dream is to be able to do a backflip on the ground like Jujimufu....so cool. Can already do pushups/pressups (graduated to clapping pushups last year), pullups, chinups and most plank variations. Handstands, I am not sure about, these older shoulders of mine might not love the pressure, but might give them a go, handstand pushups look soo hardcore!

Anyroad, seeing all our different body shapes (fascinating how we carry weight differently) is really helping me. I do see it all in the gym and as a strongwoman athlete, but keeping it real for everyone is important I think.

Thanks for posting everyone!
  • ReenieHJ
    ReenieHJ Posts: 9,724 Member
    Options
    @JessBbody Wonderful photo progress!!! You are so inspiring :)
  • Sailor555
    Sailor555 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Thank you so much, and congratulations! Amazing accomplishment. And your posting these gradual photos is SO helpful and instructive. I'm considering now documenting my journey more than I thought I might.
  • elfin168
    elfin168 Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    I want your legs!
  • elisa123gal
    elisa123gal Posts: 4,287 Member
    Options
    You have taken the best all around before and after photos I've ever seen. Again.. it is amazing to see how four to five pounds makes all the difference at the end of the journey.
  • JessBbody
    JessBbody Posts: 523 Member
    Options
    ReenieHJ wrote: »
    @JessBbody Wonderful photo progress!!! You are so inspiring :)

Thanks @ReenieHJ!
    Sailor555 wrote: »
    Thank you so much, and congratulations! Amazing accomplishment. And your posting these gradual photos is SO helpful and instructive. I'm considering now documenting my journey more than I thought I might.

@Sailor555
    thank you. I'm so glad the photos are instructive. I encourage you to document your progress. It is so satisfying to see the photos side by side and they do so much to keep me on target.

elfin168 wrote: »
    I want your legs!

@elfin168
    thanks! 6 years of ballet when I was a teenager built my calves and they've stuck with me all my life. I can hardly take credit for them anymore.
    You have taken the best all around before and after photos I've ever seen. Again.. it is amazing to see how four to five pounds makes all the difference at the end of the journey.

@elisa123gal

Wow, thank you. You made my day.

• ciacob
    ciacob Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! The difference in those last 5lbs is so awesome. I hit my first target goal, now trying to hit my second and the last 10 is much harder than the first 25. I went from 212 to 187. Trying to get to 180.
  • wils5150
    wils5150 Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    nexangelus wrote: »
    Progress photos due 14 December or so, but in the meantime...I am not a bodybuilder. I am not very lean. But here are some photos of bodyparts that are showing/growing, etc.

The right lighting....well sort of. My traps really are this big!

8dxftnusvj5u.jpg

And here are my delts...am useless at posing, but action shots usually capture some of the lean mass gainz....

8st32s0y4l9a.jpg

And a gun flex of sorts...

pwwvjk1vqxvm.jpg

traps are on point
  • nexangelus
    Options

Here are my latest progress As of yesterday the 21st. I’m down to 118.2 lbs. now I’m focusing on my adding strength and toning to my daily life. I might shed one or two more pounds but really I am happy where I am at and every other day I am eating maintenance, the alternate day I am eating for 0.5 lbs loss. I had decided a couple weeks ago 115/116 was my ultimate goal. But eeeeehhh....not sure it’s a priority to loss fat loss any more as I think I look and feel fantastic. Time to add some muscle and definition!

You haz abs! And quad definition already, so tiny : ) Amazing stuff, cannot wait to see the lean gains....
  • nexangelus
    Options
    wils5150 wrote: »

traps are on point

Thank you....need to work on the other muscles now. Am coming up to week 7 of a shoulder hypertrophy programme and it is working well. Will have to up date with new pics come New Year. I have only lost 2- 3 lbs fat since 14th November....

• KickassAmazon76
    KickassAmazon76 Posts: 4,549 Member
    Options
    @nexangelus You are looking strong and fabulous and doing great work. Your triceps are popping, your biceps and shoulders are beautiful, and your traps are perfect. The only thing I could critique is the fact that you used the word "Only" when you said that you've lost 2-3 pounds of fat since mid November.

You're killing it. There's no need for "only" when you talk about your accomplishments!
    18922 Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    Well I cannot believe how fantastic you all look and the total difference in your body with 9 pds difference.

Congratulations to all of you. I’m going to start taking more progress photos🎉
  • KHFit1124
    KHFit1124 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Thank you Jess! My face really has changed, my phone stopped being able to recognize my face (I had to attempt multiple times, shoot from low, and puff cheeks, and I finally stopped being tech lazy& rescanned my face.

You are looking so amazing! Love your progress photos!

Here are my latest progress As of yesterday the 21st. I’m down to 118.2 lbs. now I’m focusing on my adding strength and toning to my daily life. I might shed one or two more pounds but really I am happy where I am at and every other day I am eating maintenance, the alternate day I am eating for 0.5 lbs loss. I had decided a couple weeks ago 115/116 was my ultimate goal. But eeeeehhh....not sure it’s a priority to loss fat loss any more as I think I look and feel fantastic. Time to add some muscle and definition!

bjb0k71etx8c.jpeg
    cho36o6t7ho2.jpeg
    elzzstjtmn9a.jpeg

Wow! Your starting stats are similar to where i’m at (5’3”, 37yo and 185lb) and your goal is similar to mine! Other than a deficit and protein, do you try to eat super clean or just in a deficit?

Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!