Vaccine or Vaporwear?

HeidiCooksSupper
HeidiCooksSupper Posts: 3,831 Member
I've been thinking about the supposed vaccine that supposedly works 90% of the time for one week and needs a supply chain (that no one is really working on) that will keep it at -100F (-70C) and will require two shots 3 weeks apart and for which we have only a press release and the word that keeps coming to mind is VAPORWEAR.

Yup, read the wikipedia definition of that 1980s term "vaporwear." I, like many of my colleagues who were "automating" in the 1980s got really good at recognizing vaporwear. How many of us still have the canvas bags handed out by computer companies that ceased to exist long before the bags wore out.

Here we are, a couple of weeks past the great press release and we have nothing more to go on. From wikipedia, "Vaporware is often announced months or years before its purported release, with few details about its development being released. Developers have been accused of intentionally promoting vaporware to keep customers from switching to competing products that offer more features." Is that what's really happening here?

Meanwhile, I'll just keep my mask on, eat Thanksgiving dinner in front of the TV with hubby while watching the Lions lose, and stay socially distant.

Replies

• Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,492 Member
    I've been thinking about the supposed vaccine that supposedly works 90% of the time for one week and needs a supply chain (that no one is really working on) that will keep it at -100F (-70C) and will require two shots 3 weeks apart and for which we have only a press release and the word that keeps coming to mind is VAPORWEAR.

Yup, read the wikipedia definition of that 1980s term "vaporwear." I, like many of my colleagues who were "automating" in the 1980s got really good at recognizing vaporwear. How many of us still have the canvas bags handed out by computer companies that ceased to exist long before the bags wore out.

Here we are, a couple of weeks past the great press release and we have nothing more to go on. From wikipedia, "Vaporware is often announced months or years before its purported release, with few details about its development being released. Developers have been accused of intentionally promoting vaporware to keep customers from switching to competing products that offer more features." Is that what's really happening here?

Meanwhile, I'll just keep my mask on, eat Thanksgiving dinner in front of the TV with hubby while watching the Lions lose, and stay socially distant.

The Lions are actually having a pretty good year.

I mean, ya know..... for the Lions.
  • tmantwo
    tmantwo Posts: 2,181 Member

This is a politically motivated post and if some of us with differing opinions and referenced actual facts had made it chances are it would be removed.

I support everyone’s right to post what the want and would never report you for your opinion.

I’m just sayin’.
  • HeidiCooksSupper
    HeidiCooksSupper Posts: 3,831 Member
    tmantwo wrote: »
    This is a politically motivated post and if some of us with differing opinions and referenced actual facts had made it chances are it would be removed.

I support everyone’s right to post what the want and would never report you for your opinion.

I’m just sayin’.

Not political unless reality is political. Both parties have leapt on this as the super-duper-solution-to-all-problems. I'm just being cautious.

• Motorsheen

I’m just sayin’.

Not political unless reality is political. Both parties have leapt on this as the super-duper-solution-to-all-problems. I'm just being cautious.

I don't think we're going to sort out all of the Lion's problems on this thread.

Maybe if we just focus on their 'special teams' play for now.....

• threewins
    threewins Posts: 1,455 Member
    The vaccine is now getting approval from the FDA in the United States. No idea how long this will take but let's say 6-8 weeks. Then it will be used for high risk people. As for the temperature issue, have you ever been to a show or concert and dry ice is used to give a misty effect? The temperature needed is the same as what the Pfizer vaccine needs. You can buy a dry ice maker off eBay for $500 or so. You also need to buy the carbon dioxide.

An easier way of course is to buy a very low temperature refrigerator. Most universities have these for storing liquid gases.
  • KosmosKitten
    KosmosKitten Posts: 10,476 Member

I’m just sayin’.

The mods in these forums will tend to disagree with you; just sayin'. I've seen posts here removed for less. Even if your intent isn't meant to be political, someone usually comes along and makes it so. :grimace:
  • Alex
    Alex Posts: 10,145 MFP Staff

I’m just sayin’.

The mods in these forums will tend to disagree with you; just sayin'. I've seen posts here removed for less. Even if your intent isn't meant to be political, someone usually comes along and makes it so. :grimace:

Pretty much this ^^^^ closing.

Everyone stay safe out there.
  • Motorsheen
    Alex wrote: »

I’m just sayin’.

Pretty much this ^^^^ closing.

Everyone stay safe out there.

so.... you're a Bears fan, huh ?
This discussion has been closed.