Good at home plan

Sadly, I have decided my gym no longer feels safe. I have dumbbells up to 20 lbs at home and can run. Wondering if anyone knows of a good at home plan. I am using Geoff Bagshaw on Instagram- but also want to continue weight training. Thanks!

Replies

• AliNouveau
    AliNouveau Posts: 36,287 Member
    I signed up recently for Team Body Project. It's god some resistance videos but mostly cardio. I am really enjoying them though.
  • tlpina82
    tlpina82 Posts: 229 Member
    Beachbody Insanity is my go to workout. High Intensity Interval training at its best. Body weights only (No equipment to buy) and very effective at strengthening the whole body as well as getting you to break a sweat.
    I recommend it to anyone not suffering from injuries as it is high impact due to tuck jumps, suicides and other exercises that hit you hard in the beginning.
  • Katerr1kk
    Katerr1kk Posts: 81 Member
    I have seen excellent results using the dumbbell workouts on the muscle and strength website. I only have a set of 1kg and 5kg but it has been enough to see a huge difference. They have various 3/4/5/6 day workouts to suit your schedule.
  • MikePfirrman
    MikePfirrman Posts: 3,307 Member
    There are some really creative ways to workout at home. The OP mentioned dumbbells. I saw this on Facebook advertised. It's a way to work legs without having the gym equipment. I'm not promoting or selling it, but it's just one example of the types of things coming out for home workouts.

https://animalhousefitness.com/products/monkeyfeet?fbclid=IwAR2jHNFXdj0J0OTbrW4fKgqPandlxZv8YsuHLP0sPhxsvieO8Iqql65pG6k
  • msapplek
    msapplek Posts: 95 Member
    I'm currently working on a 10week strength program called "Epic," programmed and released by certified trainer/badass Caroline Girvan via YouTube: 4 days of strength (mix of dumbbells and bodyweight) and 1 HIIT day. I think it's brilliantly programmed and I really enjoy her training and presentation style.

I was able to purchase a 20lb dumbbell set at the midpoint. Best investment ever! Happy with the strength I've gained, and VERY happy with the results I'm seeing.
  • mittencat77
    mittencat77 Posts: 137 Member
    Thank you all! I will check them out!!!
  • DancingMoosie
    DancingMoosie Posts: 8,613 Member
    I'm following Sydney Cummings on YouTube.
  • swiftgirlm
    swiftgirlm Posts: 17 Member
    I really like the NTC Nike Training app. Simple to use and workouts have varied levels and intensities. Lots to choose from.
  • You need to find something that will work in with your day and your life and that you enjoy doing.
    I’m a BeachBody on demand subscriber. It is something like $120/ year. I love it. They have all kinds of different programs. The part about that I like is every program has a calendar (1, 3, 4, 8 weeks, etc). So, it is kind of like joining a class. You decide, I’m going to do this program, then follow the calendar. They have a variety of sample workouts that you can try.

Good luck!
  • slade51
    slade51 Posts: 180 Member
    Find what you like so that it’s not a chore. For me I love to get outside and walk for an hour 3-4 times a week. For indoor home gym workouts, there are tons of you tube workouts to follow. Check out HASFit, they have plenty of free videos of different types of workouts. I found “Axiom Mobile LLC” for iPhone, they have separate tabata, body weight, dumbbell, and other modules. It’s bare-bones, but easy to follow and mainly free unless you want to build your own custom workouts.