Down 50 lbs (so far) in 3.5 months

Decided on 8/1 that I was sick of being fat, uncomfortable and unhealthy. Weighed in at 290 lbs. Started counted every calorie that went into my body and went 2 shakes and 1 meal a day. A few weeks later I started adding in cardio and a few weeks after that light strength training. Goal is another 50lbs by next summer.

The amount of energy gain, good feels, compliments, etc. that I've gotten so far has made it worth it, but most of all being able to keep up running around with my kids ten fold. I haven't been this low in weight since before college.

Whatever your goal is, keep it up and bust your butt. There is no magic pill, but hard work pays off! I will post another update when I'm closer to my summer goal :)

1cy20lqnv93q.jpg
w23zy8r3mgpx.jpg

Replies

• Mrs_Hoffer
    Mrs_Hoffer Posts: 5,194 Member
    Wow, that's awesome!! You've done an amazing job! Congrats!!
  • SSDirk
    SSDirk Posts: 10 Member
    Rock on man...keep rocking and wow...you even had hair loss as well ha...Keep it up man....
  • miller0518
    miller0518 Posts: 6 Member
    Awesome job! What shakes did you use and how many times per week did you work out and strength train?
  • SweetW1ll
    SweetW1ll Posts: 18 Member
    miller0518 wrote: »
    Awesome job! What shakes did you use and how many times per week did you work out and strength train?

I have a variety of shakes that I use. Garden of Life, RSP, Fit & Lean, Slimfast. I try to rotate so I don't get tired of one of them. I basically eat between 10am & 6pm. Sometimes I have a later dinner or a few drinks late at night.

I try to do cardio 3-4 days a week where I hike 2-3 miles through varying terrain. I also try to lift 5 days a week, but nothing crazy. I do 5 sets of 10 with light weights and do 3 exercises per day. Weight training only takes me 20-30 mins throughout the day.
  • SweetW1ll
    SweetW1ll Posts: 18 Member
    Great job!

I had a similar epiphany on 6/10/20 at 261 lbs, and lost the first 50 in about the same time-frame as you. I love having energy to run with the kids and even have them wear out before I do.

Keep it up!

How much have you lost in total? At what point did the weight loss slow down?
  • JessBbody
    JessBbody Posts: 523 Member
    Great job! 50 lbs in 3.5 months is outstanding. Can't wait to see your progress. Keep it up!
  • Bbearhug
    Bbearhug Posts: 20 Member
    Congratulations sir! Also, has anyone told you that skinnier you resembles Will Forte?
  • KaronLaw1
    KaronLaw1 Posts: 3 Member
    Great work
  • the_vibrant_mom
    the_vibrant_mom Posts: 19 Member
    Great job! Keep it up.
  • Joyfulandactive
    Joyfulandactive Posts: 111 Member
    Fantastic! Please keep us updated, you already look so much better and healthier.
  • the_vibrant_mom
    the_vibrant_mom Posts: 19 Member
    That's awesome. Congratulations on your success!
  • Winterlover123
    Winterlover123 Posts: 352 Member
    Holy wow!!! Look at you!!!! Freaking AMAZING job!!!
  • rosebarnalice
    rosebarnalice Posts: 3,488 Member
    Congrats!
  • nicholasdyoung
    nicholasdyoung Posts: 15 Member
    Well done. Absolute inspiration.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!