What do your meals look like (show me pictures)....

Replies

• o0Firekeeper0o
    o0Firekeeper0o Posts: 416 Member
    sugm306kpcwl.jpeg

Venison sirloin street tacos. Absolutely AMAZING
  • acpgee
    acpgee Posts: 7,594 Member
    Sirloin from 9 year old retired dairy cow. One of the 6 gratin dauphinoise I cooked yesterday and couldn't fit into the freezer. Tomato and avocado salad. Sauteed asparagus. Leftover hollandaise and gremolata warmed up on the lowest setting of the microwave.
    8azszudde4xc.jpeg
  • Madison9776
    Madison9776 Posts: 52 Member
    Crab cakes with crackers, cocktail sauce, and a pickle
    x0x50g67905r.jpeg
  • acpgee
    Chinese stir fries of Di San Xian (veg components cooked in the air fryer rather than deep fryer) and XO chicken with carrots. I discovered the stress free way to have multiple stir fries ready at the same time, is to cook one at a time to the point where everything is almost ready but the sauce hasn't been added yet. Then add all the prepped sauces/corn starch slurries into each pan and warm up the same time.
    4elpxly7x6cn.jpeg

• MaltedTea
    MaltedTea Posts: 6,286 Member
    Ok, @acpgee, you piqued my interest. All it took was a mention of kid's comfort food.

Erm, I changed a few things, as I'm liable to always do: used garlic and leeks, roasted the tomatoes first, used shiritaki instead of rice and then added furikake.

Next attempt: this needs MORE tomatoes (and perhaps tomato paste), along with some chili pepper flakes for heat.

But it was so good and the mouth feel was interesting seeing as I'm not usually a fan of scrambled egg. I can see why it's a beloved dish. Thanks for sharing it earlier today!

iktbr1c74e3n.jpg
  • snowflake954
    snowflake954 Posts: 8,400 Member
    Fresh pasta (orecchiette) w local clams, garlic, chopped tomatoes, EVOO, white wine (or beer),salt, pepper, and cayenne.2yzj1p0eodrb.jpg
  • acpgee
    Hmm. Pictures apparently didn't load.
    e14j1qd70lvs.jpeg
    61bfhgl1uld0.jpeg
  • BarbaraHelen2013
    BarbaraHelen2013 Posts: 1,940 Member
    82hbl706t2jg.jpeg

Soya Bean & Black Bean Chilli on Buckwheat.
  • acpgee
    Lunch of vegetable gyoza courtesy of the deep freeze section of the asian supermarket.
    agh2s6rmwkg2.jpeg
  • Noreenmarie1234
    Noreenmarie1234 Posts: 7,493 Member
    Vegetable pie without a crust. I had a little basmati rice left over and mixed it with some Parmigiano. I let it get crispy in the oven and then put on the batter--chopped cooked spinach, grated zucchini, a little leftover potato, low fat cream, egg, salt, pepper, and Parmigiano. bf0zdofzuib8.jpg

OMG this looks incredible!!
  • snowflake954
    Vegetable pie without a crust. I had a little basmati rice left over and mixed it with some Parmigiano. I let it get crispy in the oven and then put on the batter--chopped cooked spinach, grated zucchini, a little leftover potato, low fat cream, egg, salt, pepper, and Parmigiano. bf0zdofzuib8.jpg

OMG this looks incredible!!

And it's so easy. I just mixed the leftover rice with Parmigiano--pressed it down on top of parchment paper in the pan to make a disc (I didn't have much, and it was thin), and put it in the oven for 15 min until crispy.
    Mix the other ingredients together--half a cup of cream, 2 tbsp Parmigiano, 2 eggs, salt, pepper, and the chopped vegetables. Pour on top of the disc and bake around half an hour at 350° until the top browns a little.

I've made this before with a crust, but this was better.
  • snowflake954
    Naples specialty. Pasta Scarpariello.w9vt94wdvsgx.jpg
  • acpgee
    There was quite a lot of leftover Caribbean seafood boil for lunch. Messy but yum.
    ou7dcjy1n4wo.jpeg

• acpgee
    Antipasto of green salad with the last of the St Agur that needed using up, candied nuts and a couple of strawberries languishing at the bottom of the produce drawer. Primo of linguine alla vodka with some pecorino.
    2xlw5ykas0lk.jpeg
    ympvi639m6ew.jpeg