Exercises that can be done in a very small room

Options
Well, the gyms are closed and it's cold outside. I'm looking for suggestions on exercises that could help with weight loss that I can do in a very small space. I'm talking low ceiling and not a lot of area to move around in. If I move the desk chair out of the room, there is about 3-4 steps of available space between the TV and the couch and if I lay length ways on the floor, I can pretty much fit my whole body if I open the door. Aerobics don't work because as I said, the very very small amount of floor space and also everything shakes by even the slightest amount of movement.

I'm thinking about attempting a blank. Can anyone in the same situation suggest anything else please? Thanks for your help!

Replies

• azkunk
    azkunk Posts: 956 Member
    Options
    How about resistance bands?
  • Diatonic12
    Diatonic12 Posts: 32,344 Member
    edited November 2020
    Options

You could take it back outside and jump rope.
  • mgalsf12
    mgalsf12 Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    dumb bells, crunches, jogging trampoline, squats, push ups, lunges, jumping jacks, plank, yoga...just to name a few.
  • springlering62
    springlering62 Posts: 7,425 Member
    Options
    Several of our ladies who Zoom yoga classes do it in their bathrooms.
  • 88olds
    88olds Posts: 4,463 Member
    Options
    Another vote for resistance bands. And yoga.

But this- exercise is overrated as a weight loss strategy. Fact is I can undo an hour of exercise in about 5 min in the kitchen.
  • Dogmom1978
    Dogmom1978 Posts: 1,580 Member
    Options
    Exercise is for health and calories are for weight loss.

Eat at a deficit and lose weight. Measure your foods and choose correct food entries.

Yes, it’s cold out, bundle up and go for a brisk walk. Again, though, for health, not weight loss.
  • MidlifeCrisisFitness
    MidlifeCrisisFitness Posts: 1,106 Member
    Options
    Hand stand pushups
  • MsCzar
    MsCzar Posts: 1,039 Member
    edited November 2020
    Options
    Rebounder! You get amazing results and it never feels like exercising. The movement won't transfer to the floor - so no room shaking. Doing just a simple jog-in-place, my hips and thighs quickly slimmed away and at 6 months on, my leg muscles feel like steel.