LanaCabana537 Posts: 3,835 Member
    7p0ftweqg5rl.jpeg
    *** November 17th ***

Good morning everybody!

What's for breakfast? I am hungry 😋

Lana
  • RandJ6280
    RandJ6280 Posts: 1,162 Member
    Hello all.... while I have never joined WW... I still am a serial starter. I was doing good then life hit my square in the face.... gained 5 lbs back. I was down 10lbs since the lock down in Marc. I want to get those 5 lbs gone by end of the year. Then press on for my other 20 lbs I need to lose.
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Tilliesmommy1 Posts: 5,325 Member
    Good evening

RAIN here which is very welcome. Makes me want to drink hot chocolate.....

Need to go get the mail before I fall asleep.

Wave to all. Stay safe and sane out there.
  • LanaCabana537
    97vxqklhvmlf.jpeg
    *** November 18th ***

Good morning ☀️

Wow is it chilly this morning! How is everybody doing?

I am walking with the ladies this morning. It's hard to know how many layers to wear.

BBL

Lana
  • RandJ6280
    Good morning all.
    @LanaCabana537 chilly here as well in central Alabama colder than normal - 39 when I go up today. Have an awesome day.

• RandJ6280
    @Tilliesmommy1 rain ??? Where do you live that brings rain? We need some here in Alabama, we are far below our normal average rainfall for the year. But sleeping to rain falling ~ perfect!
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Good afternoon,

I live in CA and with our drought and fires we are getting storms that are not too fierce so no local flooding which is nice. Snow in the mountains was more than 10 inches. Luckily I dont plan on traveling any time soon...

Lana how was the walking?

Wishing all a good night.
  • LanaCabana537
    sy18cts68jhj.jpeg
    *** November 19th ***

Only one eye open so far. My allergies are kicking me.

Sara - I did manage to walk yesterday, but it was truly rough. The Ladies group on Meetup has a large membership, but on any given day, only a few come to walk. So yesterday the other three ladies were energetic, healthy people probably in their 50s. I tried to keep up with them, but couldn't. I had to turn around at the 1 mile point, and then much more slowly walked back to my car.

So 2 miles is better than no miles. My knee held up, which is great.
    Tomorrow there is another walk, on my favorite path, but so far no one has signed up. I won't cry if I am the only one walking.

Waving to RandJ and Dawn and Lynn and Tracy and Runa and Missy and Melissa in NYC and Maureen and anyone else who stops by today.

Lana

264.6 today
    266.5 highest
    179.0 goal
  • Twiley510
    Twiley510 Posts: 377 Member
    sy18cts68jhj.jpeg
    *** November 19th ***

Only one eye open so far. My allergies are kicking me.

Lana

Right there with you, Lana. Allergies are killing me. They have not been this bad in a while. Must be the fact that I am eating gluten again. Always makes it worse.

I am still checking the board every day. Staying quiet most of the time because I have nothing inspirational to say. Holding steady at 225 right now. That's 75 lbs more than this time last year. Sad, but not stressed. I know I have no one to blame but myself.

On a brighter note, my brother has come home and is on an extended vacation until the first of the year! I'm excited! He hasn't had much time at home recently. He works construction and is now going through a divorce (she lives here. He's been avoiding her.) He will be staying with our parents most of the time, so I will get to see him. Did I mention I'm excited?!?

More boring Lodge news: We are providing Thanksgiving baskets to two young Veterans and their families this year. I picked up some sturdy boxes to pack them in last night and we hope to fill them to the brim with goodies. Everyone is supposed to bring their donations tonight and we will deliver them on Sunday. The Lodge is providing a $25 gift card to our local grocery store for meat purchases. Everything else will be non-perishables. Original goal was to provide everything needed for a nice Thanksgiving dinner, but I have convinced some of the members to do a "stock-the-pantry" donation of flour, cornmeal, sugar, shortening, oil, etc. Even if the families have those things, maybe it will lighten their burden enough to enjoy the holidays.

I have read all the struggles you are going through, no matter who you are on this board. May not help you at all, however, please know I think of you as friends. I worry about your struggles and send the best vibes I can into the universe for you.

Keep doing the things that make you happy. Make the best choices you can in your situation.

Best Wishes for a Happy Holiday Season to all no matter what your Holidays of choice may be!

Tracy in Tennessee

• brennerjlb
    brennerjlb Posts: 720 Member
    Good morning!
    Nice to "see" you again Tracy. And that is awesome - the thanksgiving baskets! So many people in so much need.
    Welcome Rand.
    Waves to Sara, Lana and all others who pop in today.
    Not much new here.
    Will pop in again later.

CW 197.4
    HW 207
    GW 180
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Good afternoon,

Boy am I tired. We are at 50% in our department (wonder why???) and it is really tiring. Boss is being super sweet and expressing her gratitude so much that I almost want to upchuck.

I trust her with nothing at the moment so I try and steer clear of interaction - hard when I am the only one there...

I have a family near me who has invited me to Thanksgiving and I am conflicted as I have been in contact with so many people do I put them at risk?

Bright Orange scarf is done and working on a golden color - use what I have - scarves are going into bags for people who are homeless.

Lana - you walk alone tomorrow if that is one of your favorite trails. Tracy wonderful post and I wish you also a wonderful Holiday season. Lynn- concise is also beautiful.

Good to hear from you all.

• LanaCabana537
    edited November 2020
    0werke3xao9r.jpeg

Good morning everybody~~

I will be back later to spend more time - gotta scoot, as this morning is the Pumpkin Loop walk. I can't believe it, but another lady signed up. That's good because now I won't blow it off. I like this lady, and I know that she will walk at my pace.

BBL

Lana
  • tickingp0ny
    tickingp0ny Posts: 12 Member
    Good morning, strangers.

This is my second time popping into this thread....Oops. lol

I've been off and on on MFP for a couple years now, loosely using it as I wasn't entirely sure if I even needed to lose or even manage anything outside my blood pressure. Well, I do. Used a brand new doctor for a wellness appointment and they snuck a whole biometrics screening in there. Rude. ;(

But it gave me a clear picture of where I was and where I'd like to be, so I'm jumping on the opportunity to use it as a new (and final) beginning! Hoping to shed about 15-20 and tame my blood pressure while I'm still young....

H: 5'2"
    SW: 140 lbs
    CW: 140 lbs (idk, just started yesterday, not weighing myself again until next week 😬)
    GW: 125-120 lbs
  • melichalupa
    melichalupa Posts: 297 Member
    I am wishing everyone a lovely and safe weekend!!!

CW: 170
    I have been at a plateau for some time now and will attempt to work on busting out of the 170s. If anyone has any effective exercise techniques or any good ideas that don’t include star author would be welcomed!
  • angelexperiment
    angelexperiment Posts: 1,917 Member
    -2 well I’m getting there!
    Cw: 217.6
    Sw:245
    Average about two lbs a week which lol should make me happy I got spoiled with those early losses but I know that was water. I’m just happy to be here I was bouncing up and down past 3 weeks between 219and 222.

I’m having my knee issues ongoing I severely damaged it and honestly I’m scared this will take 8 weeks or more to heal. Look I spent 6 months building up my walking after my total hip replacement and I feel like I want to walk every day! So frustrating. But I know something is really wrong with it I see my dr we’d and hopefully finally a mri. I’m scared I’ll have to take off from work when I have no more leave this year bc I was off 3 months. I’m so scared bc I walk so much at work I just can’t heal. I’m just feeling very frustrated family being weird about holidays and I just feel a bit blue but then I’m trying to imagine not being in my dept at work at that makes me sad.
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Good evening,

It is Friday and it has been a long week. I got 6k in today and I am feeling muscles as I walk which is new. I call that an accomplishment.

Not enough stress in this world but we are having cat fights in my department at work. Most of the stress at my job has been the inability to get the correct training, so I was glad to not be the cause of this verbal altercation. It does show how mental/emotionally stretched thin we are working at 50% staffed. It may get the mgr to get us some temps faster???

Tonight is it hot chocolate and a nice warm blanket.

Wishing all a good night
  • LanaCabana537
    edited November 2020
    u61c32vz270a.jpeg
    *** November 21st ***

Good morning everybody~~

*tossing beach bag and bodice ripper onto favorite lounge chair for later*

Lana
  • LanaCabana537

Yesterday I walked with one lady. Thank goodness she cold walk more slowly with me. I didn't think I was going to make the whole loop. I was wiped out, but I bounced back soon enough.

Sara - what a drag to hear about the mess at your workplace. I hope that you are getting some nice peace and quiet this weekend. Enjoy that hot chocolate!

Melissa - you enjoy your weekend as well ☀️

Angela - can you get a brace for your knee for work? I hope it heals up a bit for you. Sending hugs.

Waving to those who stop by later on~~

Lana
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Good evening,

Errands for weekend almost done.

Cookie dough waiting for oven to preheat. Will have neighbors try to see if they are okay.

Keep walking Lana.

• LanaCabana537
    hiqxtlcl3z5k.jpeg
    *** November 22 ***

Good morning ☀️

Sara - Cookies? Wowie! I bet that your home smells wonderful 😁

Hey Tracy - that is interesting what you said about your allergies and gluten. I will pay attention to see if mine are worse after those days when I "go liberal" with the pastry/bread/pasta/cookies.
    How exciting about your brother back in town for a while--time to get caught up and boost his morale during his tough transition.
    Your idea of "stock the pantry" for the veterans for Thanksgiving is a good one. They can get what they like with the gift certificate--great idea!

Waving to Dawn and Lynn and Missy and Kathryn and Runa and Melissa and Maureen and Angel and TickingPony and everyone else who stops by later on~~

Lana

264.4 today
    266.6 highest
    179.0 goal