What We're Eating

Replies

• rainingribbons
    rainingribbons Posts: 1,051 Member
    Breakfast: Coffee with creamer
    Lunch: BBQ pork on a homemade tortilla
    Dinner: Seasoned chicken with roasted brussel sprouts and garlic & sage sweet potato gnocchi
    Dessert: Chocolate peanut butter protein shake

Still have around 500 calories left over, do may also have popcorn, raspberries with greek yogurt, or ice cream.
  • path7975
    path7975 Posts: 25 Member
    Breakfast: the Protein Plate at our local diner. 4 scrambled eggs, 3 pieces of bacon, 2 slices of Canadian bacon. I could only eat half the eggs, lol.

Supper: Grilled cheese (on cauliflower sandwich thins), stuffed full with garlic and pepper ham, a little bacon, provolone and cheddar. Nice big salad with balsamic vinaigrette.

What is the difference between normal bacon & Canadian? As I am keto (8yrs) I’d love this. Not sure what cauliflower sandwich thins are either but guess we don’t get them in the UK where I am at the moment and definitely not in Cape Town where I usually live if it wasn’t for covid.
  • hawksgirl229
    hawksgirl229 Posts: 467 Member
    Breakfast
    2 slices Aldi's low carb seeded bread toasted with pbj, 1/2 cup chocolate milk and 1 cup coffee with Splenda and half and half
    Lunch
    Shrimp with cocktail sauce, asparagus with butter, a baked potato with butter/sour cream and a large diet coke
    After Lunch
    1 cup coffee with Splenda and half and half and 1 christmas cookie
    Dinner
    TBD
  • Breakfast: A toasted English muffin with butter. 2 20-ounce mugs of hot tea
    Lunch: Chicken and cheese quesadilla, 1 ounce bag of Fritos.
    Afternoon snack: Large mug of hot tea, Rice Krispies treat.
    Dinner: Chicken piccata, pasta tossed in the piccata sauce, slice of garlic toast.
    Evening Snack: 4 Danish butter cookies and a large mug of decaf tea.

I'm leaving out various other mugs of tea in between times.
  • rainingribbons
    Lunch: Chicken and mushroom pasta
    Snack: Raspberries, a little later on a grande caramel macchiato
    Dinner: Breakfast burrito containing egg, cheese, soy chorizo, hot sauce, and mixed onions and peppers, a Strongbow cider

May or may not have greek yogurt later if I'm still hungry.
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,742 Member
    Breakfast: 1/2 avocado with bagel seasoning, small orange, egg taco w/ salsa, coffee

Lunch: TVP taco salad with tons of sauteed peppers, onions & zucchini, red leaf lettuce, TVP "taco meat", sour cream & salsa and corn tortilla chips

Snack: coffee & 2 graham crackers, 1/2 banana

Dinner: salmon burger on toast with pickles, large bowl of homemade cole slaw with chunky cabbage & carrots, and afterward 1/3 pint of Target's reduced fat PB chocolate ice cream with marshmallow creme mixed in.
  • Athijade
    Athijade Posts: 3,243 Member
    Breakfast: 2 eggs, roasted potatoes and cabbage
    Lunch: Chicken noodle soup and way too many oyster crackers
    Snack: Blueberries with whipped cream
    Dinner: Fried chicken, carrots, hashbrown casserole, biscuit
    Snack: pecan pie

Did SO well until dinner... but my IC was flaring and the thought of the tomato sauce in the leftover pasta I was supposed to have made me wince in pain. So I ordered in something I was craving AND I knew would be safe.
  • JennJ323
    JennJ323 Posts: 646 Member
    Breakfast: chocolate, peanut and almond protein bar

Lunch: baked chicken with spinach mushroom cauliflower rice

Dinner: chili with a side salad of spinach, parm cheese and Italian dressing
  • rainingribbons
    Lunch: Breakfast burrito containing egg, soy chorizo, mixed peppers and onions, cheese, and hot sauce
    Snack: Greek yogurt with raspberries
    Dinner: Chicken fried rice loaded with carrots and peas
    Dessert: Homemade coffee cake with another cup of coffee
  • seltzermint555
    Breakfast: vanilla Greek yogurt layered with oats, ground flax, chia & pomegranate arils. Coffee.

Lunch: grilled cheese sandwich, pizza Pringles, carrots & ranch.

Dinner: Hot chickpea stew with brown rice, zucchini & tomatoes. One piece of chocolate walnut fudge w/ coffee later.
  • hawksgirl229
    Breakfast
    Chocolate coffee protein smoothie with drizzle of sugar free chocolate syrup, dollop of cool whip and a few pecans halves on top. 2 cups coffee..the second cup was due to procrastination.
    Lunch
    A pulled pork bbq sandwich, a few pickled beets, spicy pickles and Pringle original potato chips on the side. Large diet coke
    After lunch
    A cup of peppermint coffee with Splenda and half and half
    Dinner
    TBD 😊
  • Athijade
    Breakfast: 2 eggs, roasted potatoes and cabbage
    Lunch: Tuna sandwich and chips
    Snack: Blueberries with whipped cream and other assorted fruit
    Dinner: Fried chicken, carrots, mac and cheese, biscuit
    Snack: a couple cookies
  • seltzermint555
    Breakfast: leftover steel cut oats with apples cooked in, a couple pecans crumbled & sugar free syrup. Coffee.

Lunch: 2 piece catfish, green beans & pea salad.

Dinner: sheet pan nachos with crabmeat, Monterey jack cheese, lots of sauteed peppers & onions, sliced avocado, salsa & sour cream. Maybe a beer (Shiner grapefruit) if I get some exercise before dinner, we'll see.
  • lemurcat2
    lemurcat2 Posts: 7,885 Member
    path7975 wrote: »
    Breakfast: the Protein Plate at our local diner. 4 scrambled eggs, 3 pieces of bacon, 2 slices of Canadian bacon. I could only eat half the eggs, lol.

Supper: Grilled cheese (on cauliflower sandwich thins), stuffed full with garlic and pepper ham, a little bacon, provolone and cheddar. Nice big salad with balsamic vinaigrette.

What is the difference between normal bacon & Canadian? As I am keto (8yrs) I’d love this. Not sure what cauliflower sandwich thins are either but guess we don’t get them in the UK where I am at the moment and definitely not in Cape Town where I usually live if it wasn’t for covid.

You may think of Canadian bacon as normal bacon. Here's more: https://www.thekitchn.com/whats-the-difference-between-canadian-bacon-or-irish-or-english-and-american-bacon-ingredient-intelligence-166956 and https://www.tinastraditional.com/post/bacon-sausage-usa-vs-uk#:~:text=American bacon comes from pork,"back-on") (UK bacon vs American bacon).
  • lemurcat2
    lemurcat2 Posts: 7,885 Member
    Yesterday's menu

Breakfast: coffee

Lunch: leftover chicken chili made with chicken thighs, mixed beans/lentils, tomatoes, onion, garlic, peppers, lime, to which I added some chard and spaghetti squash.

Dinner: Swedish-style meatballs with cabbage, golden beets, and apple.
  • teresaa1860
    teresaa1860 Posts: 18 Member
    avskk wrote: »
    Quick lunch update: I split a burger and a salad with my BFF at the local pub. The food was mediocre, verging on bad, but the company was great and I left plenty of room for pizza tonight! I'm considering this a serious win in my ongoing "just be normalsauce about food" endeavors. I usually panic about sharing food ("what if there's not enough, what if I'm still hungry, what if the other person eats all the good parts"), and I tend to obsess over subpar meals ("that wasn't GREAT, it wasn't AMAZING, what's the POINT if it's not MAGICALLY DELICIOUS at EVERY MEAL," etc.), so to split a subpar meal, shrug, and live with it is a major turning point for me.

I get that too!! I feel really bummed and anxious if I eat a meal and its not great, and I obsess over it. My boyfriend cooks a lot and sometimes chooses things that I don't necessarily hate, but I'm like why bother eating this, it isn't my favorite and this will be what I have to deal with until the next meal. Need to work on being "normalsauce" (love that) myself.
  • rainingribbons
    edited November 2020
    Pre-Breakfast(?): Mug of black tea with skim milk and 1 tsp sugar
    Actual breakfast: Either a morningstar buffalo chicken patty or tuna in a wrap with kale and tomato, coffee with creamrr
    Lunch: Chicken fried rice loaded with peas, onion, and carrot
    Post-Workout: Peanut butter chocolate protein shake
    Dinner: Pumpkin oatmeal with a lil brown sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg, and chopped pecans
    Dessert: Greek yogurt with raspberries
  • hawksgirl229
    Breakfast
    Vanilla Greek yogurt with some cottage cheese mixed in topped with cherries and pecan halves. 1 cup coffee with Splenda and half and half
    Lunch
    Amy's organic veggie burger with lettuce, tomato, ketchup, mustard, onion and spicy pickles on 2 slices Aldi's low carb seeded bread. A few original Pringles, pickled beets and baby carrots on the side. Large diet coke
    After lunch
    1 cup coffee with Splenda and half and half
    Dinner
    TBD.
    Lately I've had no idea for dinner..I've been waiting to see how hungry I am and what I have a taste for..I usually go with something snack like and have a larger portion if I'm really hungry.
  • Breakfast: Toasted English muffin, butter. Hot tea.
    Lunch: Mexican rice, seasoned ground beef, shredded cheese, and pico de gallo rolled up in a tortilla, with Fritos.
    Dinner: Char sui boneless pork ribs, vegetable fried rice, a crab rangoon. (Wicked good.)
    Snack: Rice Krispie Treat.

The way I feel now I may never eat again, lol, but if I do need a bedtime snack it will be hot tea and two Danish Butter Cookies.
  • Athijade
    Breakfast: 2 eggs, roasted potatoes and cabbage, toast, and green tea
    Lunch: Mini frozen pizza
    Snack: Blueberries with whipped cream and other assorted fruit
    Dinner: 2 Italian sausages on wheat bread, mac and cheese
    Snack: a couple cookies