And what did you have for dinner ????

I didn’t know where to put this so I decided food was a good place 😬
I had a gift card to Olive Garden that was going to expire. Living in Houston, there is no shortage of amazing places to eat so we almost never go to chains. I remembered oh I have this gift card! And yay I don’t have to figure out dinner. And my son had been asking for breadsticks.
And anyway, I ordered it and picked it up curbside on the way home.
For the first time in history of history of ever eating Italian food, I ordered the lowest calorie healthy thing in the menu I could find, the salmon and broccoli. No salad. But I had to have some of a breadstick 🤤 and it wasn’t as good as I remember, and I was full, like from salmon and broccoli yall.
Usually by now I would have polished off some ice cream and mixed some cookies and candy in, but now I read all the messages and remind myself I won’t get back to my old self if I bake any Heath bar brownies 😂

Replies

• joyanna2016
    joyanna2016 Posts: 323 Member
    I have ordered some of the healthier options at restaurants lately too...options that I never really considered before. And guess what?... they taste great too! I still really enjoyed my meal out and didn't have to blow my day! Win, win!
  • Diatonic12
    Diatonic12 Posts: 32,344 Member
    Halibut from Homer, Alaska and it was bangin' great
  • lin_be
    lin_be Posts: 393 Member
    I saved my calories for the day and had the half pounder from the Chicago Pizza and Oven Grinder.
  • goal06082021
    goal06082021 Posts: 2,130 Member
    I made some beef stroganoff and it was awesome. I saved half for dinner again tonight. Skirt steak, fresh mushrooms, Greek yogurt instead of sour cream (because it's what I had, they're really not that different). Probably could have made it a little healthier with whole-wheat or veggie pasta but whatever, it still clocked in under 600 cals/portion.
  • Snugbug6
    Snugbug6 Posts: 30 Member
    I can't wait to get home and have some haggis. Yes, seriously. With some root vegetable mash, and maybe sugarsnap peas.

It's cold and i need some comfort food!