What are you doing RIGHT NOW???

Replies

• I'm awake, but it's bedtime. Trying to decide what to do with myself.
  • honeybee__12
    honeybee__12 Posts: 15,688 Member
    Trying to eat only a small amount of this orzo salad.......🙄

uaaps8zzwbb0.jpeg
  • Diatonic12
    Diatonic12 Posts: 32,344 Member
    @honeybee__12 Looks delicious.
  • Theotherwhiteclint
    Theotherwhiteclint Posts: 341 Member
    Dropping a deuce
  • KosmosKitten
    KosmosKitten Posts: 10,476 Member
    edited November 2020
    Yoshiboobs wrote: »
    Yoshiboobs wrote: »
    Spending my entire bonus on a vet bill. Baby kitten brought fleas, tape worms and ring worm into my house and all three cats needed treatments and one needed a routine distemper shot. 😑 But at least everything is going to be OK now. I feel like a blind fool for not noticing any of these things except the tape worms. I'm blaming the baby but I guess it could have been anything. 🤷🏻‍♀️ Didn't have any of these issues before he got here.
    My biggest concern is the ringworm because I have to give all three a pill every day and they still might infect each other after the month is over. 😑😑😑😑😑😑 Everything else is a simple topical.

Try not to feel too bad. When we brought home Jonesy, he was 10 months old and apparently also came with tiny hitchhikers we did not know about, despite being in a PetSmart. He infected my two senior cats and it took me a good year to get rid of the fleas, ringworm and associated flea allergies that one of the three cats ended up developing.

Honestly, the worst part of fleas is that they are notoriously hard to get rid of once they are in your home. Lots of vacuuming, clean-up, carpet/rug treatments, washing a billion sheets and towels, etc.

Buuuut, fleas here in the South are really bad during the summer and that year, they were really, really bad everywhere.

You have my sympathies. :heart:

He was from a Petsmart too! 😖 I'm just going to keep everyone mediated for the next year as apparently flea eggs can last up to ten months!? Sheesh

Yeah, I was a bit annoyed. Funny thing is, the cat I adopted after Jonesy when our two senior cats passed earlier this year came from HSSM, the shelter that contracts out to the local PetSmart locations. He (Binx) did not have fleas at all, so I dunno if he had fleas when they brought him to PS for adoption or if he picked them up while sitting in holding there. :grimace:

P.S. If you can, vacuum all your spaces once weekly and be sure to get in the crevices. It helps a lot with the flea eggs and reinfestation cycle. The colder it is, the longer the eggs stay "in stasis". They only hatch in higher humidity times. :)
  • I have Chinese BBQ pork boneless ribs under the broiler, and every five minutes I go turn them and brush more marinade on them.
  • Picking out all the candy in my trail mix

That's called m&m's with obstacles
  • slimgirljo15
    slimgirljo15 Posts: 269,440 Member
    Eating breakfast and reading posts :)
  • slimgirljo15
    slimgirljo15 Posts: 269,440 Member
    edited November 2020
    Being thankful and relieved that my stepmom's surgery to remove cancer/full hysterectomy was successful. They got everything, but the chance of the cancer coming back is high (due to the type of cancer). They got it all, now they have to test it and see what the best course of action from here on out is.

But she's resting, she's safe and they were able to remove everything that was present/visible. :)

that is great news.. hope it goes well from here on .. 🙂
  • Yoshiboobs
    Yoshiboobs Posts: 1,090 Member
    I'm wondering if I should buy these celebrity poetry books. I've been thinking about getting back into reading and poetry for a hot minute now and I do really love Halsey and Lana Del Rey; who both came out with poetry books this year.
  • LGS_RFS
    LGS_RFS Posts: 78 Member
    Up way to early so now I’m taking my time getting ready for work, cooking breakfast and listening to music.
  • Sipping my morning tea and cataloguing what hurts on waking up. #lifewithchronicpain
  • happimess01
    happimess01 Posts: 9,071 Member
    tams_89 wrote: »
    Laughing at myself 🙈
    My sons school just called to see why he is not there today, I thought it was a teacher training day and it's on the 30th not today 🤣 just had to rush him in

He probably knew and was hoping you wouldn't find out😁
  • Lying in the dark and listening to the popcorn sounds coming from my lungs and wondering if this counts as “being present”
  • PlentyofProtein00
    PlentyofProtein00 Posts: 3,570 Member
    tams_89 wrote: »
    Laughing at myself 🙈
    My sons school just called to see why he is not there today, I thought it was a teacher training day and it's on the 30th not today 🤣 just had to rush him in

They call immediately??? Lol, here your kid would just miss a day.
  • LGS_RFS
    LGS_RFS Posts: 78 Member
    oao82o8hl6x6.jpeg

I never fell asleep.
    I’m hoping the coffee does the trick.
    I know, it’s suppose to wake you up but when I haven’t slept, hot coffee this early normally puts me to sleep.
    I’m weird. 🤷🏼‍♀️

I stopped drinking coffee because it did the same thing to me. Dunno why it did that, it just did.
  • KickassAmazon76
    KickassAmazon76 Posts: 4,511 Member
    Being thankful and relieved that my stepmom's surgery to remove cancer/full hysterectomy was successful. They got everything, but the chance of the cancer coming back is high (due to the type of cancer). They got it all, now they have to test it and see what the best course of action from here on out is.

But she's resting, she's safe and they were able to remove everything that was present/visible. :)

Aw so glad the surgery was a success! ❤️