What's on your mind?

Replies

• Revolu7
    Revolu7 Posts: 1,013 Member
    Where is the line between confidence and conceit? Does it depend on the self confidence of others if someone is bragging or just confidently stating facts?
  • PlentyofProtein00
    PlentyofProtein00 Posts: 3,612 Member
    Revolu7 wrote: »
    Where is the line between confidence and conceit? Does it depend on the self confidence of others if someone is bragging or just confidently stating facts?

I wasn't bragging! Just super confident in my shopping strategies 😏
  • Revolu7
    Revolu7 Posts: 1,013 Member

Mine was a general thought....definitely not aimed at you beautiful cat person!
  • PlentyofProtein00
    PlentyofProtein00 Posts: 3,612 Member

Mine was a general thought....definitely not aimed at you beautiful cat person!

Jokes...I know this
  • kinetixtrainer2
    kinetixtrainer2 Posts: 9,080 Member
    If Santa "sees me while I'm sleeping, knows when I'm awake, knows if I've been bad or good," why do I need to write him a letter telling him what I want for Christmas?

There’s nothing in there saying that he can read your mind. 🤷‍♂️
  • KickassAmazon76
    KickassAmazon76 Posts: 4,537 Member

I think it's a contextual thing. Confidence is about knowing what you can do, conceit is about making sure everyone else knows it.

"Conceited people are often insecure and overcompensate by taking compliments as a given, when in reality, they crave the praise to feed their (low) self-esteem levels. Someone who is self-confident appreciates praise but is not desperate for it."

https://www.elitedaily.com/life/culture/4-major-differences-self-confident-conceited/982469#:~:text=Conceited people are often insecure,is not desperate for it.
  • Minion_training_program
    Minion_training_program Posts: 13,357 Member
    I like how my question about immortality raised a "discussion" about the topic.
  • KickassAmazon76

Which one was that?
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,492 Member
    it's Calvin Klein's birthday today.

try to show some respect and wear something other than your ratty pajamas all day today, okay ?
  • KickassAmazon76
    Motorsheen wrote: »

try to show some respect and wear something other than your ratty pajamas all day today, okay ?

Maybe it should be an underwear only day?

Kidding.. It's already too cold here for that.
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,492 Member
    Motorsheen wrote: »

Maybe it should be an underwear only day?

Kidding.. It's already too cold here for that.

waaat? I like how you think.

..... it's never too cold for that

(if you play it right B) )
  • Mr_Healthy_Habits
    Mr_Healthy_Habits Posts: 12,588 Member

Confidence = Conceit - (Self rightiousness)
  • Minion_training_program
    Minion_training_program Posts: 13,357 Member

Which one was that?

Page 2414 i believe, or somewhere near that
  • The secret of my zombified remains is that I'm still here

help

let me out

i'm so tired
  • MaltedTea
    MaltedTea Posts: 6,286 Member
    The secret of my zombified remains is that I'm still here

help

let me out

i'm so tired

(...having gathered 17 varied ingredients including turmeric, a cod's eye, and a yard of silk, she now starts a three-hour incantation...)

Hopefully, that'll do it.
  • slimgirljo15
    slimgirljo15 Posts: 269,440 Member
    edited November 2020
    If Santa "sees me while I'm sleeping, knows when I'm awake, knows if I've been bad or good," why do I need to write him a letter telling him what I want for Christmas?

There’s nothing in there saying that he can read your mind. 🤷‍♂️

Ut oh.. he can? 😱

• happimess01
    happimess01 Posts: 9,071 Member
    boredom
  • slimgirljo15
    slimgirljo15 Posts: 269,440 Member
    The secret of my zombified remains is that I'm still here

help

let me out

i'm so tired

I lost the key , sorry 🤷‍♀️
  • Diatonic12
    Diatonic12 Posts: 32,344 Member
    @slimgirljo15 Have you noticed the sense of family that's grown UP in here. Chitchat and Fun Games. You're a great deal responsible for that because you've been building on this for years and years. It's human in here without busting chops and I appreciate it from the bottom of my lil ol' pea pickin' heart. The end. <3
    Hugs and kisses all around to everyone.